Looks like Phil Jackson's $35,000 comment is working

thalunatic

Support BGOL
Registered
it took until 6 mins into tha 2nd Quarter and a hard as foul at that from Andrew Bynum, for Durant to finally get to tha line :smh:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
The Lakers play that old Knick playoff ball, the foul so much (especially with the over the back and those wrist slaps) that it is almost impossible to call them all.
Notice how everytime the ball gets in the pain, the ball is either knocked or deflected, and none of them are called.:smh:

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That PJ comment worked the moment Durant responded :smh::smh:

everybody and their mother knows that this is when phil starts shit talking and mind fucking players/refs EVERY DAMN YEAR

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
fixed :dance:

do or die time

Back in the days they played that hard ball, that wrist slapping, back pushing and over the top bullshit is a move made by pussies! The reason why they lost to the Celtics is because they wasn't having it, and did that shit right back to the Lakers.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
OKC is just a young team who are inexperienced when it comes to the playoffs. When they get rid of the nerves theyll play better basketball.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Lakers play that old Knick playoff ball, the foul so much (especially with the over the back and those wrist slaps) that it is almost impossible to call them all.
Notice how everytime the ball gets in the pain, the ball is either knocked or deflected, and none of them are called.:smh:

:smh:

Same shit with Cleveland yesterday...how many times was Rose getting popped w/o a call. This shit makes the game unwatchable.

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
That PJ comment worked the moment Durant responded :smh::smh:

everybody and their mother knows that this is when phil starts shit talking and mind fucking players/refs EVERY DAMN YEAR

Peace,

I personally think people give Phil Jackson too much credit with that "Zen Master" bullshit. I think he influences the refs but I don't see how he has any kind of impact on the opposing players. Everybody makes that cat out to be a genius and tends to overlook the fact that he's spent his entire career coaching all-world players. Put that bastard at the helm of the Knicks and see what happens to his brilliance.

Diamels

Star
Registered
No I am not surprised that Phil did it. I am surprised that he did it soo early he usually saves the comments for latter in the playoffs

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Peace,

I personally think people give Phil Jackson too much credit with that "Zen Master" bullshit. I think he influences the refs but I don't see how he has any kind of impact on the opposing players. Everybody makes that cat out to be a genius and tends to overlook the fact that he's spent his entire career coaching all-world players. Put that bastard at the helm of the Knicks and see what happens to his brilliance.

The Lakers are the perfect example to illustrate how great Jackson is a coach. The Lakers, with the same squad, didnt do shit until he got there....and when he left, they didnt do shit.... people also underestimate how cerebral you need to be to manage superstars...especially superstars with egos like Kobe, Shaq, etc.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Cosign 100%

Diamels

Star
Registered
The Lakers are the perfect example to illustrate how great Jackson is a coach. The Lakers, with the same squad, didnt do shit until he got there....and when he left, they didnt do shit.... people also underestimate how cerebral you need to be to manage superstars...especially superstars with egos like Kobe, Shaq, etc.
I'll will agree with this

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor

Peace,

I agree that he does a great job of managing egos. I just don't buy into all the media-driven Zen master nonsense. I'd argue that Gasol has more to do with their success, at this point, than Phil. This cat coached Jordan, Pippen, young Shaq and Kobe. I think they had something to do with it.

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Peace,

he's made this whole week about what he said... thats all Durant/his teammates have been talking about this week in interviews. its a distraction for a young team, and he would have been smarter to let it slide. That being said... I do agree he gets too much credit and at the same time not enough... he does have 10 rings, so that shit he does works.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Peace,

I agree that he does a great job of managing egos. I just don't buy into all the media-driven Zen master nonsense. I'd argue that Gasol has more to do with their success, at this point, than Phil. This cat coached Jordan, Pippen, young Shaq and Kobe. I think they had something to do with it.

I definitely agree that Gasol is a MAJOR contributing factor to their recent success. I have actually created threads arguing that point. There is no way to deny that he has coached great talent.... but it also cant be denied that those same players have had very little success without him as their coach.... only Shaq has had any success of those 4 in terms of actually winning a title without Coach Jackson.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
he's made this whole week about what he said... thats all Durant/his teammates have been talking about this week in interviews. its a distraction for a young team, and he would have been smarter to let it slide. That being said... I do agree he gets too much credit and at the same time not enough... he does have 10 rings, so that shit he does works.

I agree with this. The shit became the story of the series before a game was even played...and after this game, Im sure players, maybe even Durant, willl be complaining about the lack of calls..and that shit does effect the way you approach that game..like you said...especially for a young team..... Phil Jackson put the bait out there and they bit on it...

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I agree with this. The shit became the story of the series before a game was even played...and after this game, Im sure players, maybe even Durant, willl be complaining about the lack of calls..and that shit does effect the way you approach that game..like you said...especially for a young team..... Phil Jackson put the bait out there and they bit on it...

every year, same story... I bet Phil has petty cash set aside just for fines

thalunatic

Support BGOL
Registered
Peace,

I agree that Phil Jackson is overrated as a Coach... I give Tex Winter, tha Bulls and Laker star players tha bulk of Phil Jackson's success.. BUT.. I have to admit, he does know how to manage egos well.. and because he he does have those rings, his status actually helps him get into tha head of NBA refs.. as far as Durant, he's young, adjusting to becoming a superstar, his world is moving fast right now.. everybody knew he would take that bait.. shit, Luke Walton could've said it and Durant would've still bit

the Imm font

Star
Registered
Peace,

i say that all the time

MisterNell1

Star
Registered
Yeah Phil's comments are making the Thunder miss jumpshots. :rolleyes: Westbrook's layups are what's keeping them in this game.

thalunatic

Support BGOL
Registered
Did Durant respond when KG was crying about Durant getting call the week before....not sure....

not sure either.. but he's not playing in a playoff series vs. tha Celtics so I wouldn't see why would he respond.. KG was callin him Michael Jordan, for all I kno, Durant probably took it as a compliment and kept it moving. Phil Jackson was basically sayin he's not a superstar.. Durant took that shit as an insult

Les W

Star
Registered
Peace,

I agree that Phil Jackson is overrated as a Coach... I give Tex Winter, tha Bulls and Laker star players tha bulk of Phil Jackson's success.. BUT.. I have to admit, he does know how to manage egos well.. and because he he does have those rings, his status actually helps him get into tha head of NBA refs.. as far as Durant, he's young, adjusting to becoming a superstar, his world is moving fast right now.. everybody knew he would take that bait.. shit, Luke Walton could've said it and Durant would've still bit

c/s

That's what I realize NBA head coaches do

The assistant coaches are more involved in X's and O's - that is until a critical moment but championship coaches are usually more hands off

Diamels

Star
Registered
Did Durant respond when KG was crying about Durant getting call the week before....not sure....
I think timing also plays a role. KG said his thing after they played. Phil did a preemptive strike more damaging...

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I think timing also plays a role. KG said his thing after they played. Phil did a preemptive strike more damaging...

yeah..going to a playoff series makes the comment potentially more damaging... but I dont give a shit was people say... Phil Jackson knows how to fuck with people psychologically...Durant responding like he did shows that Phil really got underneath his skin..

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
yeah..going to a playoff series makes the comment potentially more damaging... but I dont give a shit was people say... Phil Jackson knows how to fuck with people psychologically...Durant responding like he did shows that Phil really got underneath his skin..

:yes::yes::yes:... Durant was pissed
phil-jackson-cracks-a-smile.jpg

Nobody

Rising Star
Registered
9 free throws taken, but the damage was done to his confidence.

It's not even the free throw part - it's the superstar part of te comment. Made dude question his talent and shit.

He'll bounce back though.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

It's not even the free throw part - it's the superstar part of te comment. Made dude question his talent and shit.

Yep... I dont see how people are not getting that... Phil knew EXACTLY what to say to effect a young player and a young team who is playing well.. if they came out confident and won game 1, it could be a different series... Phil knew the comment would effect Durant and that type of shit effects a player and a team..

thalunatic

Support BGOL
Registered

yeah, he jus hit around his season average now but you can tell KD's a lil shakey right now.. funny shit tho, if I was a Laker fan, I wouldn't be too happy about winning (if they do)... tha Thunder got this shit within 10 pts and Durant is havin an off game.. this series will be tha shit to watch

:dance:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Not true... When he left, Shaq also left (and won a title elsewhere). It wasn't the same Lakers team. This would be like saying "Jackson left and the Bulls collapsed."

I will give him credit for launching both teams, though.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Not true... When he left, Shaq also left (and won a title elsewhere). It wasn't the same Lakers team. This would be like saying "Jackson left and the Bulls collapsed."

I will give him credit for launching both teams, though.

I talking about after Shaq left AND Phil left..and then Phil came back...remember when Rudy was coaching..