Justice League MOVIE Discussion (The SynderCut Drops 3/18/2021)

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think Neal McDonough who plays Damion Darhk on Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow would play a good Lex Luthor. Make up some story that Eisenberg stole Lex's (McDonough) identity.

MV5BYjcyMTcxMWMtMmUyOC00MThiLWJjMjUtN2MyMzY5ODI4YjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5Mjg0NjU@._V1_.jpg

rm3444522752

I've seen Neal McDonough in a couple of things now and he's pretty good...but what about his Partner from Nip/Tuck that played Doctor Doom...

Julian McMahon...

Julian_McMahon_Dec_2011_%28cropped%29.jpg

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sorry but you are reaching. Nothing about the movie showed that Wonder Woman should be calling him "Kal El". Sorry but NO!

Batman said in the movie "I am not sure I have the right person" to Flash.

How would he not know if he had the right person? He saw his face.

He had long hair in the video for some weird reason but he knew his face from the video and his name and everything about his father etc.

However he still said " I don't know if I have the right person".

Then he throws the Batarang at the Flash. Then Batman says "Oh so you have super speed"?

Come on!!! You watched the video in the convenience store! You know he is super fast. Why did you throw the Batarang at his head?

Lame writing and lame story telling. They were trying too hard to be funny and dumb.

So if the entire world knows everything about Superman why is he Clark Kent at the end?
Furthermore, Clark was also dead. How is Clark Kent alive now?

Lol this what ppl be talking about.

1. The entire world knows everything about superman after that zod shit and especially after that bvs shit.

The kids in the beginning of the damn movie had heard and asked him what the s on the chest meant ... "is it true that.."

So she wouldn't know Kal -El at this point? Lol

Batman knew who they were how else in the world would he know his damn habits and find his place to begin with?
Why would he specifically throw that at him if he didn't know that he was fast?
I mean he literally watched the video of him using his speed abilities hundreds of times tracked him down to his damn house

How?

Come on
Admit you were wrong and need to have your hand held lol
Everything I said was easily explained I didn't even have to try and recall it to refute it

Pay attention during the movie don't just come thru like how did they revive super man that made no sense after the fact

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Sorry but you are reaching. Nothing about the movie showed that Wonder Woman should be calling him "Kal El". Sorry but NO!

Batman said in the movie "I am not sure I have the right person" to Flash.

How would he not know if he had the right person? He saw his face.

He had long hair in the video for some weird reason but he knew his face from the video and his name and everything about his father etc.

However he still said " I don't know if I have the right person".

Then he throws the Batarang at the Flash. Then Batman says "Oh so you have super speed"?

Come on!!! You watched the video in the convenience store! You know he is super fast. Why did you throw the Batarang at his head?

Lame writing and lame story telling. They were trying too hard to be funny and dumb.

So if the entire world knows everything about Superman why is he Clark Kent at the end?
Furthermore, Clark was also dead. How is Clark Kent alive now?

He's been called Kal El since the first Man Of Steel. He immediately Told Lois and anyone else who asked him it wasn't a secret. He didn't keep that a secret
He keeps CLARK KENT as secret but when he's superman he's Superman Kal El whatever.

You're super reaching right now. Like incredibly reaching LMAO

The Flash tried to lie and say it wasn't him.
Batman sarcastically said I don't have the right person then proceeded to do the thing he knew would FORCE HIM TO REVEAL HIMSELF AS THE FLASH

Seriously man

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From what we saw in the movie, Wonder Woman should not be calling Superman "Kal El"

Batman was written like an idiot and not the "world's greatest detective".

"So you have super speed"? "I thought she was with you"? FOH!

You are an idiot. Complete fool. The movie was poorly written. Nuff said.

He's been called Kal El since the first Man Of Steel. He immediately Told Lois and anyone else who asked him it wasn't a secret. He didn't keep that a secret
He keeps CLARK KENT as secret but when he's superman he's Superman Kal El whatever.

You're super reaching right now. Like incredibly reaching LMAO

The Flash tried to lie and say it wasn't him.
Batman sarcastically said I don't have the right person then proceeded to do the thing he knew would FORCE HIM TO REVEAL HIMSELF AS THE FLASH

Seriously man

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Flash Point will be the first Flash film. That's DC opportunity to hit the reset button story elements and casting who were a mistake or actors like Affleck who are unsure about continuing being apart of the DCU.
vaporware-vaporware-everyware.jpg

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
From what we saw in the movie, Wonder Woman should not be calling Superman "Kal El"

Batman was written like an idiot and not the "world's greatest detective".

"So you have super speed"? "I thought she was with you"? FOH!

You are an idiot. Complete fool. The movie was poorly written. Nuff said.

Says the cat that needs his hand held in order to prove things are true.
In what movie? BVS? Has time passed since Superman died? Diana couldn't do any research herself? LOL
jesus

Like you can't even get sarcasm no more wasted keystrokes on someone who can't even deduct simple sarcasm

Kids interviewing him randomly on the street know what the S on his chest mean but Wonder Woman shouldn't know Kal El
LOL
peace

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Batman's lines were not sarcasm. He says "I am not sure I have the right person". Then he says "Oh you have super speed".
Who is he being sarcastic with? For what reason? Batman isn't a sarcastic character. Give me a break.

I don't care about time passing Superman was dead. What is the point of her calling him Kal? Why does she know his name as Kal.

IF there is a next movie you will see that the world doesn't know Superman's name is Kal El. There is nothing shown for us to believe that.

There is a certain narrative in movies. The audience cannot just run with what they THINK the story is.

They have to based conclusions on what is SHOWN. We were not SHOWN anything to think otherwise.

But time will show you.

Says the cat that needs his hand held in order to prove things are true.
In what movie? BVS? Has time passed since Superman died? Diana couldn't do any research herself? LOL
jesus

Like you can't even get sarcasm no more wasted keystrokes on someone who can't even deduct simple sarcasm

Kids interviewing him randomly on the street know what the S on his chest mean but Wonder Woman shouldn't know Kal El
LOL
peace

GentlemanJack

Rising Star
OG Investor
Man that would be a dream come true but hugely expensive. Anyway saw the flick earlier today, I really enjoyed it but, I see what people were talking about it felt rushed and WB really just needs to slow it down and figure out what direction they want to take. I dug the team and I will actually miss Ben when he leaves but damn Batman stayed getting his ass kicked the whole flick since he was the only fully human member. Glad to see Supes back also who will be the Green Lantern needs to answered soon. A solid 3 stars from me everything that needed to be said has been said already oh and I'm glad I watched the YT vids on ComicsExplained dude was on the money with the JL movie plot before it even dropped.

Chadwick and Donald Glover are tied up with the MCU... Ryan Reynolds as well LOL!

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Dude, this movie was ass. Face it. I was more hyped in the theater, but watching the bootleg has shown me the light. Superman comes in, beats Steppenwolfs ass then flies off to grab a building. Then comes back like "You still having problems with this guy? LMAO yes you dumb fuck, he kept beating all of their asses by himself.

He and Cyborg pull the mother boxes apart, they explode and he says he wishes he was still dead. So this blast that fucked him up should have killed Cyborg right then and there.

Did I mention the shitty CGI? How about Batman using a human being to attract a Parademon? Shitty writing, cause if they are drawn to fear they would be attacking hospitals with cancer patients, or some BGOL cats trying to hold back from busting too quick in a new broad.

DC was stupid as fuck for not rolling with the full beard on him. When you're dead, your hair and nails still grow. The premise is he can't decompose on earth so it would make some sense. Also the black suit would allow him to absorb more solar radiation. They fucked up the gravel floating on his casket at the end of BVS using this stupid motherbox. If Lexx fried the circuits, they shit wouldn't work no matter how much electricity you run through it. Again, fucking dumb.

SW remarks on how shitty Batman's technology is, yet the Batwing crashed through the force field with fucking ease? LOL

I could go on and on. DC at this point is like Trump and Marvel is Obama. DC is doing their best to take good Marvel ideas and Trump em.

Avengers: Impenetrable force filed?
JL: Easily busted one
Avengers: Loki desires respect/power and his plans are laid out decently as well as his motivation
JL: Steppenwolf "Mother"
Avengers: Members unite to get Loki, all have a history of heroism
JL: Batman recruits people that haven't been really doing shit for the planet and they just say fuck it.
Avengers: Strongest member shows up in the nick of time, kicks major ass, takes down main villain (Loki)
JL: Strongest member shows up, throws a few punches and leaves the rest of the team outmatched to do other shit.
Avengers: Disposable alien army attacks NY
JL: Disposable alien army attacks Bumblefuck Russia

Seriously, they copied the Avengers and decided to do the opposite of everything that worked in that movie.

C- for me. I'll download the 4K extended version once Slam posts it.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I'm still waiting to know if this movie takes place before suicide squad.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Was watching Kevin Smith's Review and I absolutely agree with Marc on this. Dark Superman..... Would be have perfect for Justice League. In fact... Now I really want to watch this movie.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
These muthafuckas man.....

https://www.thewrap.com/justice-league-zack-snyder-batman-v-superman-wonder-woman/

155885.jpg

Justice-League-Movie-Box-Office-Debut-Weekend.jpg

How ‘Justice League’ Became a ‘Frankenstein’ (Exclusive)
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to LinkedInShare to RedditShare to TumblrShare to Email

From a merger to missteps to tragedy, the film just ran out of time, insiders say

Umberto Gonzalez and Tim Molloy | Last Updated: November 29, 2017 @ 4:04 PM
BvS_JL2.jpg

In depth Justice League story about Batman v Superman baggage

“Justice League” had a lot of enemies: a looming corporate merger, a family tragedy, an internal clash between light and dark. But its greatest enemy was time.

Few people are happy with the finished project, which one insider called “a Frankenstein” made of the assembled parts favored by rotating executives and directors. But several people who spoke to TheWrap said the decision to keep the film’s Nov. 17 release date was a mistake — one as plain as Superman’s face.

Specifically, the weird, computer-generated look of his face — just one byproduct of the film’s rushed schedule. Here, according to insiders, is the story of how “Justice League” just ran out of time.

The Dark Knight

Despite the assembled might of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, and The Flash, “Justice League” had Warner Bros.’ worst opening for a DC Comics-based movie in years. It’s easy to forget now, but the disappointment of “Justice League” began with success.

Also Read: Let's Try to Piece Together What Zack Snyder's Version of 'Justice League' Was Like

When Christopher Nolan completed his celebrated “Dark Knight” trilogy, a hyperreal re-imagining of Batman, Warner Bros. hoped he would turn next to rebooting Superman.

But Nolan opted out, instead supporting Zack Snyder to direct the Superman reboot “Man of Steel.” Like the Snyders, Nolan and his wife, producer Emma Thomas, made films together. They were about the same age. They got along.

Snyder seemed like a good fit. He had directed the comics adaptations “Watchmen” and the surprise hit “300,” the latter of which was inspired by the work of Frank Miller, who reinvented Batman with the 1980s stories “Year One” and “The Dark Knight Returns.”

Snyder appears to have enjoyed as much freedom in his vision of the DC Universe as Nolan had enjoyed with his Batman films. He answered to Greg Silverman, the Warner Bros. executive who guided hits like “The Dark Knight,” “The Hangover” and “300.” In 2013, Silverman was named Warner Bros. president, reporting directly to Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara.

An individual with deep knowledge of the studio said Silverman didn’t read offer notes on Snyder’s scripts. Another described Silverman’s attitude as “remarkably laissez faire.”

Also Read: 'Justice League' Do-Over? Petition for a Zack Snyder Cut Hits 100,000 Signatures

These qualities might have been praised if Snyder’s films were universally loved: Executives are usually criticized for meddling too much, not too little. No one complained that Nolan had too much freedom on “The Dark Knight.”

Silverman declined to comment.

Man of Steel

Snyder’s nihilistic tone may have made sense for Batman, a vigilante driven by grim determination. But many fans found it jarring for Superman, a character known for hope and optimism. When Superman broke an enemy’s neck at the end of 2013’s “Man of Steel,” many purists felt that Snyder had misunderstood the hero entirely, believing he would never stoop to the level of his evil adversaries.

The sequel, 2016’s “Batman v Superman,” was even darker. One insider called it “the darkest of the dark of the dark.” What could be darker than Superman killing? How about Superman dying? “Batman v Superman” ended with him in the grave.

“Batman v Superman” had scored the second-highest opening of 2016, behind only “Captain America: Civil War.” But the buzz was bad: After its $166 million opening weekend, second weekend totals dropped 69 percent to $51 million. Soon after, “Suicide Squad” disappointed with another grim, dystopian vision of the DC Universe.

“This just goes to show you how much the brand has eroded since ‘Batman v Superman.’ That was supposed to be the precursor to something even more momentous, but that never ended up happening because of how badly ‘BvS’ performed. The word of mouth has just been toxic,” said Jeff Bock, Senior Box Office Analyst at Exhibitor Relations.

Also Read: 'Aquaman:' Director James Wan Says His Film Won't Copy the 'Justice League' Take on Atlantis

After the disappointment of “Batman v Superman,” the individual with deep knowledge of Warner Bros. said studio executives repeatedly went to Silverman to suggest removing Snyder from “Justice League.” The individual said DC President Jon Berg was sent to the set for the better part of a year to oversee the production out of budget concerns.

Warner Bros. declined comment for this story.

The insider said Silverman was “quite harsh on Zack” when “Batman v Superman” underwhelmed audiences. But he didn’t fire him: Removing a director is a major distraction on any film, and it would be a sign of serious trouble on a tentpole designed to support a larger universe.

“They were already in deep prep on ‘Justice League’ and it would have cost a fortune. There’s stickiness to a director because there’s so much cost to unstick him,” the insider said. “Warners is a studio that almost to a fault always wants to project strength.”

Asked who ultimately decided to keep Snyder on, the insider said: “It wasn’t Greg’s decision. This was all happening on a Tsujihara level.”

In December, Silverman stepped down as president of Warner Bros. Pictures, and was replaced by Toby Emmerich.

Light v. Dark

This is the part comic-book fans probably might not care about, but it’s crucial: In October of 2016, Warner Bros. announced plans to merge with AT&T, and the companies began sizing up each other’s assets and liabilities.

Moving the date of a tentpole film like “Justice League” could have projected weakness. A hit would project strength. And Warner Bros. expected a hit.

The studio had become vocal about wanting “Justice League” to have a light tone, like the one director Joss Whedon had struck for rival Disney’s Marvel Universe blockbuster superhero team-up “The Avengers.” Whedon was enlisted, with Snyder’s blessing, to help add some levity and fun to the script for “Justice League.”

In the spring, while Snyder and Warner Bros. were engaged in a push-pull over the right amount of light and darkness in “Justice League,” true tragedy struck.

Zack and Deborah Snyder’s daughter died by suicide.

At first, an insider said, the director’s plan was that “work was gonna be kind of a refuge.”

But then it wasn’t. Snyder was under added pressure because Warner Bros. was embracing “the lighter, different, more confectionary ideas of Joss,” the insider said. “It stopped being a good situation on any level.”

And so in May, Snyder left “Justice League” to focus on his family, and, eventually, a more personal project, the film “Last Photograph,” with Warners’ support.

And Whedon took over the project.

But time was running out.

The Merger and the Mustache

Soon after Snyder left “Justice League,” Warner Bros. got another sign that its movies didn’t have to be bleak: Patty Jenkin’s “Wonder Woman” shook off Snyder’s violent, monochromatic vision of the DC Universe with a fun, uplifting lead character, winning critical praise and performing above expectations at the box office.

Whedon had to choose between continuing Snyder’s vision or lightening up “Justice League” as much as he could.

Or at least, as much as he could by Nov. 17.

Scheduling was intense: “Superman” actor Henry Cavill, on loan from shooting “Mission: Impossible 6” for Paramount, was not allowed to shave a mustache he had grown for that film, so “Justice League” was forced to remove it digitally. Fans would later complain that his face looked weird.

One executive told TheWrap Tsujihara and Emmerich “wanted to preserve their bonuses they would be paid before the merger,” and were worried that “if they pushed the movie, then their bonuses would have been pushed to the following year and they might not still be at the studio.”

Another knowledgable insider said that at the highest levels of Warner Bros., bonuses are awarded “for making good decisions.” If delaying a film is the right decision, an executive could be rewarded for it.

Frankenstein

The final version of “Justice League,” a compromise between Snyder’s vision and Whedon’s, left few people completely satisfied. (TheWrap’s Phil Owen recently studied the finished film to guess how much of the final vision belonged to each director.)

“I think Warner Bros. biggest misstep was not pushing the release of ‘Justice League’ when Snyder had to step aside,” the executive told TheWrap.

More than 100,000 fans agreed, by signing a petition calling on Warners to release Snyder’s version of the film.

But audiences weren’t wild about Snyder’s last pure Snyder film, either. For now, his rein over DC movies is over.

Matt Reeves is currently writing and steering “The Batman,” Jenkins recently closed a deal to return on the “Wonder Woman” sequel, to be set during the Cold War, and “Shazam” is under the guidance of “Lights Out” filmmaker David F. Sandberg.

Who can lead Warner Bros. out of the dark waters?

Aquaman, the studio hopes. The film, directed by James Wan, is due for release next December.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
This part here is all that needs to be said....

One executive told TheWrap Tsujihara and Emmerich “wanted to preserve their bonuses they would be paid before the merger,” and were worried that “if they pushed the movie, then their bonuses would have been pushed to the following year and they might not still be at the studio.”

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This was who George Miller had in mind for WW when he was planning his Justice League film..

Megan Gale
MeganGaleWonderWoman.jpg

i bet she wouldve probably recieved the same amount of backlash that Gadot did