John Witherspoon tells the TRUTH about Boondocks cancellation!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_u3nwPSUt2A?list=UUuS96jkLKpTaGB_OWnwZV_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@5:40

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
We all did. They didn't even get a McGruder-esque creative team, because the writing style and flow of the show changed drastically.
if Mcgruder cared so much he wouldn't have sold the rights, also dude couldn't come up with 3 episodes a week?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Damn that's crazy. :smh:

9cnn.jpg

Sampson

Rising Star
Registered
if Mcgruder cared so much he wouldn't have sold the rights, also dude couldn't come up with 3 episodes a week?

I know you've always tried to be Blunt-ish but it's failing. How do you expect a writing team of a few to go from 15-20 episodes every two years to three a week? It's once again producers who have no appreciation for the long writing process that goes into a series, and vauling quantity over quality for more money.

Similar situation with the Chapelle Show too.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

You sell the rights in order to grow your brand and make money from your property. You know how hard it is to be creative at break neck speed? Hard as fuck. Get back to us Flawless when you right anything.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Not to mention they gotta wait on the animations which is one of the reasons the seasons took so long to come out in the first place.

They ain't South Park (who can crank out animations in like 2 days), season 2 of the Boondocks was visually beautiful.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What you doing?

Callin the Poooooolice.

well call them on yourself.....

Yes you do have some nice ones.....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I know you've always tried to be Blunt-ish but it's failing. How do you expect a writing team of a few to go from 15-20 episodes every two years to three a week? It's once again producers who have no appreciation for the long writing process that goes into a series, and vauling quantity over quality for more money.

You sell the rights in order to grow your brand and make money from your property. You know how hard it is to be creative at break neck speed? Hard as fuck. Get back to us Flawless when you right anything.

* boom

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
McGruder should have never sold his rights to sony... Then they turn around and fire him? Smh.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered

:yes:

:lol: @ "I ain't utter one word!"

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@9:40:lol::lol::lol:
Playa, this isn't a chicken factory, it's art.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be creative on cue?

To write 3 QUALITY episodes a week?

That's what white folks do, always want to take YOUR art and MANUFACTURE it.:angry:

UH UH!:hmm:
McGruder should have never sold his rights to sony... Then they turn around and fire him? Smh.

I feel you on this playa.

I wonder if he sold them outright or if he has some type of residual, royalty, or licensing deal as a part of the "severance?"

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
3 a week?

If 'Spoon is right, that's crazy. That's setting him up to fail. He had a hard time maintaining the schedule as it was.

I've moved on. It was alright the last season (started really, really slow and then got better but never back up to it's normal quality) but it's time is over.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
They might have told him 3 a week because they knew he couldn't do it. I mean he was struggling to do 10 a year. They probably just wanted an excuse to get rid of him and bring in their own people.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
3 a week?

If 'Spoon is right, that's crazy. That's setting him up to fail. He had a hard time maintaining the schedule as it was.

I've moved on. It was alright the last season (started really, really slow and then got better but never back up to it's normal quality) but it's time is over.
This...
They might have told him 3 a week because they knew he couldn't do it. I mean he was struggling to do 10 a year. They probably just wanted an excuse to get rid of him and bring in their own people.
...and this.

Genocide

Support BGOL
Registered
Man this nigga has NO filter!!! Ask him anything and he will answer!:lol::lol:

Also, it had to be a pretty nice check for Aaron to sell his baby to some white folks. Don't know if I could have turned it down either.:smh:

biggboye5000

Rising Star
Registered
Man this nigga has NO filter!!! Ask him anything and he will answer!:lol::lol:

Also, it had to be a pretty nice check for Aaron to sell his baby to some white folks. Don't know if I could have turned it down either.:smh:

First thing I thought. When these big companies acquire a successful business or franchise or whatever that you built the sky's the limit for whatever amount of money they are willing to throw your way. I know Sony probably threw dude a large amount of paper for his creation.