JETS Fans (here we go again)

marcusfenix

Rising Star
BGOL Baller
I saw flashes of Mark letting the ball go and I think that we're laying low, real LOW, but I don't know.

As far as the Secondary, :dance::dance::dance::dance:

But as for Kyle Wilson :smh::smh::angry::angry::angry::smh::smh:

He's going to cost us a game or 2 if they keep him out there.

Kyle Wilson is not cutting it,we need a more reliable nickle back especially that we play alot of man coverage.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Having a discussion with another Jet follower, we're debating whether the front 7 should be playing the 3-4 defense
My contention is that given the depth of the D-line and the mediocrity of the LBs, we should switch back to the 4-3
Not one of those linebackers distinguished themselves last year...Calvin Pace was never a LB anyway and David Harris hasn't been the same since the permanent 3-4 switch

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Having a discussion with another Jet follower, we're debating whether the front 7 should be playing the 3-4 defense
My contention is that given the depth of the D-line and the mediocrity of the LBs, we should switch back to the 4-3
Not one of those linebackers distinguished themselves last year...Calvin Pace was never a LB anyway and David Harris hasn't been the same since the permanent 3-4 switch

A good friend and I were talking about this and said the same thing about Harris. That 4-3 doesn't let those lineman smack you in the mouth continuously. Simply put, we don't have the speed at LB's to run an effective 3-4. I like the fact that we have depth at D-line right now and some have improved enough to make more noise ( Kenrick Ellis, Dixon, Wilkerson, and now Coples).

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
damn second half smack down....I missed the whole thing so don't know what happened.
Someone told me they actually switched to the 4-3 for this game. If so it was an abysmal failure

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Against the Niners, the front 7 really stunk the joint up. 118 yards rushing in the first half alone, 245 yards for the games and 3 rushing touchdowns. It would've been 4 but the QB slid at the 2 yard line to avoid running up the score. The defense was downright embarrassing. We didn't miss Revis at all because the Niners didn't have to pass at all. They were eating up huge chucks of yards on the ground. Take away Gore's (another back that's slowing down) 3.5 average and the rest of them were up around 10 per carry....Unacceptable. Of notable concern was the lack of play from Calvin Pace and the entire linebacking corp except David Harris. I've heard all the "defense was on the field too long" arguments Let me just say that we're not talking about game 13 here. This is only the 4th game of the season. This is only the first month. These guys barely even played during preseason. If the defense is tired already then they're in the wrong sport. And in big trouble

Of course that does not let the offense off the hook. We have the same problems this year as last: No speed at the primary skill positions. We still rely on the legs of Shonn Green and the hands of Santonio Holmes way too much. It's easy to go off on Sanchez because he's the QB....but I think it's a proven fact now that they need a real go to guy at the WR spot and need to chuck this ground and pound bullshit off a cliff. People say Sanchez can't throw past 5 yards, but I believe just the opposite is true. He completely sucks at the short passing game. But if you watch closely he throws an excellent long ball. He bombs are usually right on the money. Problem is the Jets just don't do it enough. They prefer to dink and doink you to death. If they just throw the ball earlier in the game that will open things up for their running game. They can win with Greene in the backfield, but they HAVE to adopt a different game plan. Ground and pound does NOT WORK

Last edited:

geist

Star
Registered
Against the Niners, the front 7 really stunk the joint up. 118 yards rushing in the first half alone, 245 yards for the games and 3 rushing touchdowns. It would've been 4 but the QB slid at the 2 yard line to avoid running up the score. The defense was downright embarrassing. We didn't miss Revis at all because the Niners didn't have to pass at all. They were eating up huge chucks of yards on the ground. Take away Gore's (another back that's slowing down) 3.5 average and the rest of them were up around 10 per carry....Unacceptable. Of notable concern was the lack of play from Calvin Pace and the entire linebacking corp except David Harris. I've heard all the "defense was on the field too long" arguments Let me just say that we're not talking about game 13 here. This is only the 4th game of the season. This is only the first month. These guys barely even played during preseason. If the defense is tired already then they're in the wrong sport. And in big trouble

Of course that does not let the offense off the hook. We have the same problems this year as last: No speed at the primary skill positions. We still rely on the legs of Shonn Green and the hands of Santonio Holmes way too much. It's easy to go off on Sanchez because he's the QB....but I think it's a proven fact now that they need a real go to guy at the WR spot and need to chuck this ground and pound bullshit off a cliff. People say Sanchez can't throw past 5 yards, but I believe just the opposite is true. He completely sucks at the short passing game. But if you watch closely he throws an excellent long ball. He bombs are usually right on the money. Problem is the Jets just don't do it enough. They prefer to dink and doink you to death. If they just throw the ball earlier in the game that will open things up for their running game. They can win with Greene in the backfield, but they HAVE to adopt a different game plan. Ground and pound does NOT WORK

I'm chalking it up to bad chemistry on the team in general. They really don't seem very cohesive as a unit, so it's easy to pick apart individual flaws. The offense is very thin and has been exposed. The O-line has 3 pro-bowlers, yet there are still holes you could drive a truck through. Santonio Holmes is a bitch, we don't have a running back that can put up yards. The defense is out there too long every game. There's too much to say about what's wrong with this team. I'm not giving up on them, but it's looking like a 5 win season.

Sanchez.....it's time to stop defending this kat. 1) He's a baby, he can come out on fire, but once things start going wrong he bitches up. 2) He is NOT accurate at all and makes very bad decisions. He constantly underthrows the ball or overthrows it, even if a man is wide open! 3) He does not see the field and makes some very bad decisions. Yeah, it's been four years, he should be much better than he is. All we get is a glimmer then 3 1/2 quarters of shit. Maybe he came out early, maybe he'll do better in another organization (if he does there's something wrong upstairs then). 4) The nigga got a <50% completion rate, I'll say no more. His stats speak for themselves. He's the WORST quarterback in the league.

I've been saying this for a while now. Let McElroy carry the season (after this Texans game). What little we've seen of him, he's accurate, he makes plays when he should, he looks like a leader, and he knows the plays. Sanchez must have a hell of a contract, because this shit makes no sense, not even to bench him for a half? Yeah, the scouts say he has a weak arm, but he looks better than Sanchez. He took Alabama to a title and he only lost like 3 games his entire life! I think they sitting on a winner.

Like I said, I'm not writing them off this season, but something drastic needs to happen ASAP. Or we better get some dope draft picks for next season.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
i am an outsider and 49er fan but i'll chime in a little from a unbiased point of view.

i guess you have to start with the gm. the gm from what i watched on sunday didn't do enough to get the defense younger and honestly did the offense no favors the only thing they did was bring in tebow and unfortunately the draft picks were hurt (hill) you guys are going to playing good defenses (like ours) we don't get torched but the reason we don't get torched and the reason we can handle a team like the packers and then though we lost to minnesota they didn't really do anything on offense stat wise (no peterson 100 yards or a td ponder had 150 yards passing) and then go to a team like yours and adapt is because of discipline. you guys will have trouble against discipline defenses that can play base coverage. holmes though your #1 isn't a true #1 and that's on the gm not sanchez. it all falls apart. when you play a team who can stop the run and then the line doesn't do its job giving him enough time to pass you see the results. sanchez is in a bad situation and im not defending him because i do think he's coddled and i do think he's just a decent qb but he has no weapons. the rb's give you guys nothing and then the longer routes don't have time to develop because the line can't block for long. could he be more accurate? yes indeed but sometimes people have to get open...

and then your gm brought in selfish tebow...and yes i call him selfish tebow because he always says he is about the team but that's bs. if he was about the team when they asked him about any changes he should have said this is mark's team i am just the backup if i am called i will play but this is mark's team
he will never say that shit...

and bringing in tebow didn't even make sense.
to run a wildcat you have to have more than just a qb who can't pass
you need weapons to make it effective as well, how come you guys didn't bring in ronnie brown he was running the wildcat when he came in the league?

the defense, the db's arent disciplined the defense isn't disciplined they're just out there it looks like

and that's why all of the woes fall on the coaches imo.

i just have a serious question. for me and for my team i know going in that the coaches are going to look at the tape and come up with a winning game plan. if we come with the focus and intensity that we should have then we're going to have a great shot to win.

do you believe in your teams game plan from week to week?
i'm interested in hearing what you guys think

geist

Star
Registered
i am an outsider and 49er fan but i'll chime in a little from a unbiased point of view.

i guess you have to start with the gm. the gm from what i watched on sunday didn't do enough to get the defense younger and honestly did the offense no favors the only thing they did was bring in tebow and unfortunately the draft picks were hurt (hill) you guys are going to playing good defenses (like ours) we don't get torched but the reason we don't get torched and the reason we can handle a team like the packers and then though we lost to minnesota they didn't really do anything on offense stat wise (no peterson 100 yards or a td ponder had 150 yards passing) and then go to a team like yours and adapt is because of discipline. you guys will have trouble against discipline defenses that can play base coverage. holmes though your #1 isn't a true #1 and that's on the gm not sanchez. it all falls apart. when you play a team who can stop the run and then the line doesn't do its job giving him enough time to pass you see the results. sanchez is in a bad situation and im not defending him because i do think he's coddled and i do think he's just a decent qb but he has no weapons. the rb's give you guys nothing and then the longer routes don't have time to develop because the line can't block for long. could he be more accurate? yes indeed but sometimes people have to get open...

and then your gm brought in selfish tebow...and yes i call him selfish tebow because he always says he is about the team but that's bs. if he was about the team when they asked him about any changes he should have said this is mark's team i am just the backup if i am called i will play but this is mark's team
he will never say that shit...

and bringing in tebow didn't even make sense.
to run a wildcat you have to have more than just a qb who can't pass
you need weapons to make it effective as well, how come you guys didn't bring in ronnie brown he was running the wildcat when he came in the league?

the defense, the db's arent disciplined the defense isn't disciplined they're just out there it looks like

and that's why all of the woes fall on the coaches imo.

i just have a serious question. for me and for my team i know going in that the coaches are going to look at the tape and come up with a winning game plan. if we come with the focus and intensity that we should have then we're going to have a great shot to win.

do you believe in your teams game plan from week to week?
i'm interested in hearing what you guys think

I'll answer in reverse. Excluding MNF coming up, yes I do think they have a solid gameplan every week. This is some biblical catastrophic shit happening right now. They are in complete disarray right now. That being said, they are 2-2 and they need to focus on that.

Here's where I start to blame Sanchez. Like I hinted at before something is wrong upstairs, but I think Sanchez deserves a fair amount of blame too. This has been a couple of years in the making. First we let Edwards go, this dude actually had a good repoire with Sanchez and came out to play every game. We lose Cotchery, a solid receiver. Zero replacements. Then we go for Tebow. Ummm, ok. The thought process seems to be it'll light a fire under him. My thing is, they aren't even using Tebow. Instead, he looks like a deer in headlights. The roster looked thin on paper in the summer, that shit should've never been. It's so many places you can start on where it all went wrong. How are they going to fix it? :dunno:

I've been riding with them even when they won two games. I don't think this season will be that bad. But they definitely fell hard.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
The front 7 is not an individual flaw. And it's not me picking on them, it's opposing offenses. Rookie QB on SF run two options in the first half that made Calvin Pace look completely inept.....

that's a fact. And it has nothing to do with being on the field too long.

Sanchez is a whole other bag of worms. I chalk his horrific game up to SF finally stepping up. They've been underachieving all season
I talked about Sanchez seasons ago. I equate Sanchez to a jump shooter. If he hits his shots the offense clicks. But Sanchez is streaky as John Starks
Sanchez ineptness aside, success on this team has always started and ended with it's defense. When the run defense gives up 7-10 yards
a carry it makes it easy to teams to beat them. They're not a come from behind team

geist

Star
Registered
We picked up Hilliard yesterday. I'm not sure what kind of move that was, but if he can actually produce some yardage, it could give Sanchez some room. As it stands, no defense respects sanchez's throwing ability and they all play up on him. But the flip side is we still don't have a decent receiver, and I'm still worried about sanchez's ability to smoke a secondary. But this Hilliard kat is built like a tank, so that makes me a little more hopeful for Monday night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
We picked up Hilliard yesterday. I'm not sure what kind of move that was, but if he can actually produce some yardage, it could give Sanchez some room. As it stands, no defense respects sanchez's throwing ability and they all play up on him. But the flip side is we still don't have a decent receiver, and I'm still worried about sanchez's ability to smoke a secondary. But this Hilliard kat is built like a tank, so that makes me a little more hopeful for Monday night.

Good hands, but he's primarily just a blocking back. Which means they intend to ground and pound us even more than before :(

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'll answer in reverse. Excluding MNF coming up, yes I do think they have a solid gameplan every week. This is some biblical catastrophic shit happening right now. They are in complete disarray right now. That being said, they are 2-2 and they need to focus on that.

Here's where I start to blame Sanchez. Like I hinted at before something is wrong upstairs, but I think Sanchez deserves a fair amount of blame too. This has been a couple of years in the making. First we let Edwards go, this dude actually had a good repoire with Sanchez and came out to play every game. We lose Cotchery, a solid receiver. Zero replacements. Then we go for Tebow. Ummm, ok. The thought process seems to be it'll light a fire under him. My thing is, they aren't even using Tebow. Instead, he looks like a deer in headlights. The roster looked thin on paper in the summer, that shit should've never been. It's so many places you can start on where it all went wrong. How are they going to fix it? :dunno:

I've been riding with them even when they won two games. I don't think this season will be that bad. But they definitely fell hard.

so does everyone know that you have to have weapons except the gm?

cause if you let all of his weapons go how can he progress?
don't get me wrong i don't know about sanchez jury still out imo
but
bringing in tebow :confused:
and hiring someone who specializes in the wildcat
how does that help him progress?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The front 7 is not an individual flaw. And it's not me picking on them, it's opposing offenses. Rookie QB on SF run two options in the first half that made Calvin Pace look completely inept.....

that's a fact. And it has nothing to do with being on the field too long.

Sanchez is a whole other bag of worms. I chalk his horrific game up to SF finally stepping up. They've been underachieving all season
I talked about Sanchez seasons ago. I equate Sanchez to a jump shooter. If he hits his shots the offense clicks. But Sanchez is streaky as John Starks
Sanchez ineptness aside, success on this team has always started and ended with it's defense. When the run defense gives up 7-10 yards
a carry it makes it easy to teams to beat them. They're not a come from behind team

who's been underachieving?
we slipped up in minnesota and still should have won...
i hope we keep the focus for the rest of the entire season...

what i don't like is that we pitched a shutout which is damn near impossible to do in today's nfl and nobody is really talking about it, doesn't matter how shitty an offense is... they score SOMETHING.

but pete carroll said sanchez was not ready when he came out
ill never forget that
that's the only player he said that about

tp2001

Star
Registered
so does everyone know that you have to have weapons except the gm?

cause if you let all of his weapons go how can he progress?
don't get me wrong i don't know about sanchez jury still out imo
but
bringing in tebow :confused:
and hiring someone who specializes in the wildcat
how does that help him progress?

That last part is the key in all this talk about Sanchez and his development as an NFL QB...He had a solid roster two years ago with great balance between passing and running, and even though he didn't have to chuck the ball down the field a lot, at least he had some success with that because opposing defenses had to worry about Tomlinson and Greene in the backfield.

Now with an offensive coordinator that is limited in his playbook, and "specializes" in the wildcat offense while they bring in a QB that can only be effective in that (even though they had Brad Smith two seasons ago) small results may come out of this. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this during the season because from the looks of it this could be a setup to give Tebow a shot...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
That last part is the key in all this talk about Sanchez and his development as an NFL QB...He had a solid roster two years ago with great balance between passing and running, and even though he didn't have to chuck the ball down the field a lot, at least he had some success with that because opposing defenses had to worry about Tomlinson and Greene in the backfield.

Now with an offensive coordinator that is limited in his playbook, and "specializes" in the wildcat offense while they bring in a QB that can only be effective in that (even though they had Brad Smith two seasons ago) small results may come out of this. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this during the season because from the looks of it this could be a setup to give Tebow a shot...

Thank you, glad someone else sees this. Very limited play calling this season (and the latter part of last year)
Rarely have we tried going down the field to open things up. Always the running game first and almost always ends up in a big lead....for the opponent

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Did Sanchez play his best game of the season last night against the Texans? I'd have to say, yes. Although there were several opportunities out there, I think that he looked his best this entire season outside of the Buffalo game. I don't think that he can get much better than what he's already shown, but he looked far better at making some of the passes that he hadn't been able to in prior games.

geist

Star
Registered
I agree he was looking a little sharper than he usually does. Tebow threw a good long ball too. I wish they would put tebow in more just for the wtf factor, is he going to throw, run, wtf is he going to do? But they haven't used him like that and I can't figure out why. I'm not going to stroke him off though because we could've won that game if he didn't throw that pick.

But it does look like him being out there lit the fire under sanchez's ass a little.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Where do the Jets go from here?

Keep Braylon Edwards? Trade Tebow and for what exactly? We need a QB, RB, LBs' and O-linemen. That's just pointing out the most pressing needs. WR's, we've got youngings that need to develop and maybe we can bring in another WR. TEs' look decent but not stellar.

Where to??

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I honest don't believe they have to change alot of personnel on offense. The QB yes, but offensively they just need to abandoned that dumb ass ground and pound.
Nobody wins with a one dimensional attack. You can't hand the ball off 45-50 times, you need balance.
Shonn Greene is decent (not great). I would stick with Powell and a new offensive philosophy would get Joe McKnight involved more.
The WRs can improve but I like Hill he just teams to get some damn REPS. Kerly will make a nice slot back just need someone to take Holmes place
As for the TE spot, the same holds true, change the offense and you can get more touches for Keller

The defense started slow, but has picked up as of late. The problem is there is no speed among the LBs after David Harris the rest are all below average.
The secondary has been pretty good despite losing the best CB in the NFL. The DL will be better once Pace has left the building. Coples and Wilkerson are both up and coming.
Special teams took a SERIOUS hit this season. What happened? I thought their guy was some type of guru? He must not be giving too many fucks lately since he's retiring.
Special teams can use a good overhaul. Very lackluster

that's my take

geist

Star
Registered
Where do the Jets go from here?

Keep Braylon Edwards? Trade Tebow and for what exactly? We need a QB, RB, LBs' and O-linemen. That's just pointing out the most pressing needs. WR's, we've got youngings that need to develop and maybe we can bring in another WR. TEs' look decent but not stellar.

Where to??

I don't think we are that bad off either. QB, I still have faith in GMac, next year it's going to be an open competition between him and Sanchez, which will bring out the best in both of them.

I think we're missing a decent threat at WR. It's a tough call as to our true needs. I'm feeling like the most pressing needs are the GM, OC and QB coach. There's been some serious problems upstairs.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't think we are that bad off either. QB, I still have faith in GMac, next year it's going to be an open competition between him and Sanchez, which will bring out the best in both of them.

I think we're missing a decent threat at WR. It's a tough call as to our true needs. I'm feeling like the most pressing needs are the GM, OC and QB coach. There's been some serious problems upstairs.

Faith in GMac?? :confused::confused: Based on what? Coaching staff has been almost as hesitant as putting in Tebow. Unfortunately, I'm not sold on Gmac and Sanchez is decent, but he needs everyone else to be way above avg. We need a reliable QB. I was hoping that we would've picked up Chad Henne when he was available, and he wasn't doing all that great or bad out in Jacksonville. We need all out competition like you said, but from starting caliber QBs.

We might as well keep Braylon (he likes being a Jet) and is far better than Schilling or (insert other no names WRs). Hill needs work, Kerley is our best pure route runner with more than likely best hands on team, and RS are you suggesting we part ways with Holmes?

Nobody wins with a one dimensional attack. You can't hand the ball off 45-50 times, you need balance.

That's why we need to make sure that we have a solid core of WRs.

change the offense and you can get more touches for Keller

Is Sparano capable of really being the offensive coach that we need or do they let him walk and bring in Norv?

RS: The problem is there is no speed among the LBs after David Harris the rest are all below average.

We've talked about the lack of tackles from the LB group. It's pathetic. Harris is the only one that comes to play and that white boy that likes to hit but can't pursue from s-s. Major problems there. D-Line and Corners we'll be good on. I hate Kyle Wilson :angry::angry: and our Safeties played their asses off except for Smith - special teams is all he should be allowed to play. And while on special teams, the coach is retiring or just said fuck everybody after game 2.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
ODub, I believe Hill will be good enough to be a productive starter. Keller and Cumberland are good enough as well at the TE spot
What they're not getting is touches because they hand the ball off so much. Through sheer repetition, the more you do something the better you will get at doing it

And yes I think Homes must go. Unless he's willing to be the THIRD WR in the offense. He's not good enough to be a primary receiver
But everything starts with the QB. He has to be competent enough to hit 10-15 yard pass plays on a regular basis

geist

Star
Registered
Faith in GMac?? :confused::confused: Based on what? Coaching staff has been almost as hesitant as putting in Tebow. Unfortunately, I'm not sold on Gmac and Sanchez is decent, but he needs everyone else to be way above avg. We need a reliable QB. I was hoping that we would've picked up Chad Henne when he was available, and he wasn't doing all that great or bad out in Jacksonville. We need all out competition like you said, but from starting caliber QBs.

We might as well keep Braylon (he likes being a Jet) and is far better than Schilling or (insert other no names WRs). Hill needs work, Kerley is our best pure route runner with more than likely best hands on team, and RS are you suggesting we part ways with Holmes?

That's why we need to make sure that we have a solid core of WRs.

Is Sparano capable of really being the offensive coach that we need or do they let him walk and bring in Norv?

We've talked about the lack of tackles from the LB group. It's pathetic. Harris is the only one that comes to play and that white boy that likes to hit but can't pursue from s-s. Major problems there. D-Line and Corners we'll be good on. I hate Kyle Wilson :angry::angry: and our Safeties played their asses off except for Smith - special teams is all he should be allowed to play. And while on special teams, the coach is retiring or just said fuck everybody after game 2.

How can you say he's not after one game? A game where the o line gave up? The receivers couldn't get open? And he's starting his first nfl game? Lets not forget he put more points up on the board than Sanchez usually does.

Granted he could've thrown the ball away more. You can't evaluate him based on two games.

The way it stands, we have one very expensive qb that we can't get rid of and one very cheap one, that we don't know what we have. We should not spend any money at qb. They were willing to ride with Sanchez for four years of fuck ups, you're not willing to ride with GMac after one game?

:lol:

It doesn't make sense to spend money on a qb financially. They should spend that money on the other flaws. There aren't any rg3's in the draft, and a decent qb is not going to want to come to a circus (remember Stanton?).