JETS Fans (here we go again)

Lord Vicious

Rising Star
The first game did not go so well.(thanks to cromartie and nixon)The defense overall was good except for those two.And Jenkins is out again.

Total Net Yards 176
Penalties Yards 14-125
Time of Possession 21:28
Total Turnovers 1

176 yards of total offense is just depressing though.I hope they will let the leash off of sanchez and let him be the q.b.How will they ever know if they don't let him try.Oh well,the Pats are next and this is going to be an important win.Oh yeah.............what the HELL was Keller thinking not stretching for the first.:smh:

Lord Vicious

Rising Star
I guess all the JETS fans have abandoned ship??Too bad cause today they played GREAT and showed what they can do_Oh well.....J.E.T.S!!!!

marcusfenix

Rising Star
BGOL Baller
Great win for us today..I hope everyone on the team got their swagger back and start playing like 'Fuckin Jets'...I hope Revis is ok tho,we got some fish to fry this week!

dnice23666

Support BGOL
Registered
There will be no fish fry this weekend.... Most likely outcome will be all JETS will be grounded for the remaining of the season.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not really, just abandoned the sports board.

I'm still around. I had surgery, and am recovering better now. The defense is our foundation and they played their asses off in that first game. Cromartie needs to start balling like they thought he could or else... The young cb from boise best start covering that streak route down the hash better or else... Expect Revis to get roast a few more times deep before he finally hits game shape by the 6th game of the season (barring hamstring injury he'd been in shape by the 4th). I thought it was stupid to give him every rep. I don't care what conditioning he was doing on his own to be ready, he's not ready, although I give him props for manning up to his job.

The offense, man, I don't understand why Chauncey Washington cannot be given the opportunity to run the rock! I like our two (Greene & LT), that's when Greene's not fumbling, but come on man! Washington's the bruiser we need to wear out some defenses. He runs strong! I don't know if it's that Sanchez is not being given the full go, or if it's that he can't read defense very well yet, but he balled out 2nd week, so we'll see how this week goes with a division rival. Oh and DBrickashaw needs to cut the shit and man up already! Stop the stupid penalties man!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I'm still around. I had surgery, and am recovering better now. The defense is our foundation and they played their asses off in that first game. Cromartie needs to start balling like they thought he could or else... The young cb from boise best start covering that streak route down the hash better or else... Expect Revis to get roast a few more times deep before he finally hits game shape by the 6th game of the season (barring hamstring injury he'd been in shape by the 4th). I thought it was stupid to give him every rep. I don't care what conditioning he was doing on his own to be ready, he's not ready, although I give him props for manning up to his job.

The offense, man, I don't understand why Chauncey Washington cannot be given the opportunity to run the rock! I like our two (Greene & LT), that's when Greene's not fumbling, but come on man! Washington's the bruiser we need to wear out some defenses. He runs strong! I don't know if it's that Sanchez is not being given the full go, or if it's that he can't read defense very well yet, but he balled out 2nd week, so we'll see how this week goes with a division rival. Oh and DBrickashaw needs to cut the shit and man up already! Stop the stupid penalties man!

Am certain that the defense will come together as the newer players become more familiar with the vets. Just like they did last season. As usual, I temper my expectations. By no means do I expect the Jets to fall back on their record from last season. But I don't believe they will make the jump to Super Bowl yet either. Will be happy with a playoff berth even if they go out in the first round. As long as the defense is sticking people and letting the league know not to take us lightly, I am happy.

Just like I said last season, their success will depend on if Sanchez can hit his jump shots...and if the fathead Edwards can keep the ball from bouncing off his head this year. They must keep LT in the mix, but also cannot become too dependent on his contributions. That's the mistake San Diego made for years. Keeping him healthy throughout the ENTIRE season should be a priority. With him in the backfield, your QB suddenly becomes more proficient

Nice to hear from you Dub. Get well soon brotha

geist

Star
Registered
I'm still waiting for Sanchez to grow into to something greater. Right now he's like an upgraded Pennington....Pennington 2.0. But luckily for him he didn't throw any picks, but I'm still waiting for him to throw some bullets and long bombs.

He's showing some glimmers though. :yes: After so many years of disappointment, you learn to be a little skepitical with the Jets. But I like the way they held it together with Miami.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Pennington got over on his knowledge of the playbook, but Sanchez has a major league arm. I was skeptical at first, but a couple of those passes had some serious zip on them. But like most power pitchers, he has to work on his breaking ball (touch passes)

youngstrokes

Support BGOL
Registered
The win over Miami was needed to keep the Jets on the right track they barley made it but they made it Lets stay focused on the next Win for the Jets against Buffalo... We Can Do It!!!:dance:
images

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sanchez's game on target and we didn't use LT TOO much (15 carries or so), which will be key for a run in the playoffs. The offense looked sharp and I'm glad that Edwards made a big play to keep his confidence intact after a stupid off-field mistake.

On to the defense. Bwoy, I tell ya that Kyle Wilson looked like shit! He can't be considered a cover corner in the league if he can't cover TE's, bottom line. Cromartie looked more aggressive, but I think that was inspired by his battles of the past with Marshall. Our front four got manhandled most of the game and Bart Scott was getting blocked out of his mind. This game was won on coaching, aside from great offensive plays, the coaches changed up to a 4-3 defense, because the LB's were getting handled in that 3-4. I'm happy with the progress.

Runaway, thanks for the well wishes brotha

Lord Vicious

Rising Star
(Glad you're doing well Odub)

But yeah,we canned the tuna now it's onto the Bills,which should be a win but anything can happen.The only weak points in the D are Cromartie and Wilson but hopefully they will get it together soon.Hopefully,Jenkiins and Revis will be back in a few weeks so we can get back to shutting cats down.

Anyways...............J.E.T.S!JETS!JETS!JETS!

14-14024_nfl_new_york_jets_logo_prod

Lord Vicious

Rising Star
You're right RAS.I was just heated and maybe wasn't thinking straight.But anyways........we're 5-1 now with the bye week coming up and then get the packers.Could be a tough game........but we'll see.

J.E.T.S!Jets!JETS!JETS!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
LT is getting is having a nice season, but they'd better not over do it with him. He will wear down, then be MIA for the playoffs. So far, they're doing a nice job of balancing the running game between he and Greene. In fact, Schott (sp) is doing a good job of balancing the entire offense out. Will be interesting to see how they blend Holmes into this equation. Dustin Keller's production may start to decline now. Or the Jets may start throwing the ball more. Provided Sanchez keeps hitting that shot

so far so good

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The team's playing good enough to win, but not great just yet. I'm surprised at how fluid the offense is out there. Much smoother than the preseason. I'd like it if Shon had a breakout game where he got the load of the carries to rest LT. On defense, we need more pressure on the QB, and is Bart Scott still on the team?? This guy had a decent game last week, but has barely showed up in some of the other games. Either way, we're looking good.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This game's become increasingly difficult to watch and frustrating to say the least...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Damn, inadvertently erased my post about the ineptitude of Jim Leonard at free safety, but to reiterate, what I said was that HE is the weak link of the defense. He brings nothing, not good coverage, not a big hitter and not even intelligence (as evidenced by his being the 12th man on the field and not having the smarts to call timeout like #44 did)

against Detroit, a good free safety would've made a big difference....not to mention a decent punt returner. Man do we miss Leon Washington

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Those 15 seconds the refs let run off the clock were huge too. It would've been 3rd down at the 2 minute warning rather than 2nd down
:angry:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Pool is at safety and at least he's more athletic. I don't know what to truly say at this point that we keep winning. It's a rare combo because the corners are holding it together for us, and our pass rush isn't all that intense. The offense looks solid, but Shon Greene's fumble concerns me because it can mess up his psyche. Anyway, we're at the top of the division and it's on to the next one.

Lord Vicious

Rising Star
It seems like the Jets are the least talked about team in the league (at 8-2).I'm not saying we'll win the Superbowl this season but we are a real contender again this season.We've lost 2 games by a total of 10 points and we've already beaten every other team in the division.Damn........no respect.

geist

Star
Registered
It seems like the Jets are the least talked about team in the league (at 8-2).I'm not saying we'll win the Superbowl this season but we are a real contender again this season.We've lost 2 games by a total of 10 points and we've already beaten every other team in the division.Damn........no respect.

Silent but deadly. They'll have to make it all the way to the superbowl to get some respect though.

Lord Vicious

Rising Star
That Pats game was BRUTAL!The defense played horribly and the offense didn't even exsist.I understand the JETS had a bad,very bad night but it seems like all the commentators are talking like we're the worst team in the league now.There are still 4 more games,anything can happen.We need a good game against the phins to get the confidence back and keep rolling into the playoffs.But damn it was hard to watch that ass whoopin'.Oh well,you win some you lose some.I'm looking forward to these last few games just to see if we have the mental to fight back.

Peace.

geist

Star
Registered
We'll make it to the playoffs, but everybody's been waiting for that shoe to drop for a minute. Sanchez still has a way to go, but hopefully he learned a lot from this game.

bksoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man im hoping we can reclaim the division lead though. I dont think we gonna have that road luck like we did last year.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Sometimes an ass kicking is the best thing for a team on the move - the Jets have been living off of this high wire ct of playing up or down to the level of their opponents and then using last minute heroics to win.

Belechik knew that if you took the game early away from the JETS and give them a knockout punch they do not have what it takes to get off the mat and win the fight.

The Jets need to start scoring early and put teams away - tis bullshit of deferring the kickoff has to stop - put the ball in the hands of your offense and get on the board early - ground and pound is great but ground and throw and throw is better -

Score Score Score and then give your defense something to defend

images

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
no need to panic, it's just one game and could very well be an anomaly. Like I said on the main board, I'm actually glad this happened.

Lord Vicious

Rising Star
Another lose to a mediocre team.I'm not worried but it seems like neither the defense nor offense is playing with any fire.These next 3 games are crucial if they want to make the playoffs.Time to get that pride back and win some games.

Peace.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
We just gotta get the ball into the end zone....
Suddenly our offense is non existent

also Edwards fucked up hands have become contagious
:(

marcusfenix

Rising Star
BGOL Baller
Another year and Same ol FUCKING JETS!!! Those 2 teams that kick our ass even if we make the playoffs we're gonna face again,so what's the point of making the playoffs?!:hmm: