Inauguration 2013

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The rooms in the DC area are ridiculous, but what are some close areas that would be good and safe to stay in?

phillyblack12

Support BGOL
Registered
You might have to go as far as the BWI Airport area--which is really only like a 30 min drive to DC--because I'm sure Arlington/Alexandria is probably raping cats that weekend also

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
You might have to go as far as the BWI Airport area--which is really only like a 30 min drive to DC--because I'm sure Arlington/Alexandria is probably raping cats that weekend also

Well that's a start. I can go even further out if necessary.

djcasperdotcom

Star
Registered
if you have any connections in the military, see if they can get you a room at the hotels on Andrews Air Force Base or Bolling AFB

always a good deal and safe

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would say try find a hotel that's close to a metro station or has a shuttle to a metro station (other than the spots on the southern green line). You will need metro on that day because driving in D.C. will be damn near impossible. If BWI area like the dude earlier said, try finding one that has shuttle service to a MARC train as that train goes to Union Station.

ss2020

Potential Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
if you stay in Baltimore, dc is an hour by commuter train. that might be your cheapest option.

Real1

Rising Star
Registered
Try some decent hotels in PG County (There are a couple in Bowie, College Park, Greenbelt, Mitchellville, and The National Harbor).

Very reasonable commutes into the city by metro rail