I would not stop moving that car until I got home...

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A lot of the newer SUVs now have a "wading" mode, and designed to tackle issues JUST like this. I tool a 2021 Land Rover Defender in 5 feet of water and it drove like a dream (although I was scared than a muthaphukka), but everything inside remained dry, and the engine, drivetrain and electronics were all in perfect working order.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
A lot of the newer SUVs now have a "wading" mode, and designed to tackle issues JUST like this. I tool a 2021 Land Rover Defender in 5 feet of water and it drove like a dream (although I was scared than a muthaphukka), but everything inside remained dry, and the engine, drivetrain and electronics were all in perfect working order.
... Oh dont worry If its a Range Rover it will be broken in 5...4...3...2.......

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
... Oh dont worry If its a Range Rover it will be broken in 5...4...3...2.......
It was a business lease, so I wasn't too worried about it, but after that event, I DID take it to the service department to make sure everything was ok, and I was advised that Land Rovers are pretty niche vehicles specifically designed for "End of The World" type scenarios, and not as daily traffic vehicles. Although my experience was nice, I was too worried about the yearly maintenance if I bought it, so I snagged a Honda Passport instead.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
It was a business lease, so I wasn't too worried about it, but after that event, I DID take it to the service department to make sure everything was ok, and I was advised that Land Rovers are pretty niche vehicles specifically designed for "End of The World" type scenarios, and not as daily traffic vehicles. Although my experience was nice, I was too worried about the yearly maintenance if I bought it, so I snagged a Honda Passport instead.
MAAAAN Listen !
Glad it was a lease... They are not meant to be owned. Those things TRASH
There is no way in hell I would depend on a RR for end of anything
except maybe a tiny house after an apocalypses. If the windows go up :lol:

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Looks like a Nissan Armada

CAC70NIS101B021001.jpg

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Smart. I think he gunned it the whole way, the water kept him from losing control, and gunning it the whole way never gave the exhaust a chance to flood.
That's why when he came out of the water he was doing over 60mph IMO

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that was such a relief watchin dude

roll outta that.......where the fuck was this tho????

I need to make a notation to never drive in that muthafuckin area!!!

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Smart. I think he gunned it the whole way, the water kept him from losing control, and gunning it the whole way never gave the exhaust a chance to flood.
That's why when he came out of the water he was doing over 60mph IMO
That's what would've caused him to suck up water even quicker! The motor was submerged, and the intake is like a big vacuum.

The only explanation is the intake was moved so water is not sucked into the motor. Just don't see it in the picture.

I'm still fascinated...lol.

Studio718

Rising Star
Platinum Member
HOW SWAY?!!!!!!

How did that SUV not suck a bunch of water into the engine?!!!

BTW....Homie was creating a hell of wake and probably pushed a bunch of water into people's cars.
The air intake on some suvs like my escalade for example sits right behind the headlight close to the hood. So as long as you keep moving for a bit in water it will still get air untill the entire hood is submerged and you slow down/stop.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The air intake on some suvs like my escalade for example sits right behind the headlight close to the hood. So as long as you keep moving for a bit in water it will still get air untill the entire hood is submerged and you slow down/stop.
Yeah, I've been reading online and some say it might have an electronic intake and it's able to be closed.

Like you said, intake could be in a spot that gives him some time to do stunts like that and not hydrolock.

Either way, no way that is a smart thing to do. That guy still has water in that car in places you don't water.

Dude got super lucky!!!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I've been reading online and some say it might have an electronic intake and it's able to be closed.

Like you said, intake could be in a spot that gives him some time to do stunts like that and not hydrolock.

Either way, no way that is a smart thing to do. That guy still has water in that car in places you don't water.

Dude got super lucky!!!
That's why I said I would not stop moving that car until I got home :giggle:

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
That's what would've caused him to suck up water even quicker! The motor was submerged, and the intake is like a big vacuum.

The only explanation is the intake was moved so water is not sucked into the motor. Just don't see it in the picture.

I'm still fascinated...lol.
Yeah but that cavity of air between the hood and engine might have just kept enough air for the intake to stay above the water line, risky but appeared to work. :dunno:

jmo