How do you feel about this pic?

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like the work...but the liquor, Tyler Perry movies and Obama's cigarette gotta go....FRIDAY can stay..LOL

Everything else..ehhh

Nothing wrong with a lil dice game ....I don't want to take this too seriously

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
whos that behind MLK

rihanna-black-hair-in-chic-trendy-short-cropped-hairstyle.jpg
rihanna-hand-tattoo-2016-19-7c326fd8f9ef5e80393c26af7c364652-jpg.jpg

rihanna-style.jpg

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
The actual art itself is dope af. The message it's portraying however, I'm not sure how I feel about.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
If not for social media this would be one of the billions of pieces of useless artwork we never have to see or think about, but mothafucking social media :smh::smh::smh:o_O
Ctg is wrong for giving it a wider platform.

And I realize art is often beat when it's edgy, etc. I just feel like chappelle man. If they're laughing at you and not with you, you fucking up. Because you didn't think the shit through all the way.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ctg is wrong for giving it a wider platform.

And I realize art is often beat when it's edgy, etc. I just feel like chappelle man. If they're laughing at you and not with you, you fucking up. Because you didn't think the shit through all the way.

It's very edgy. im on the fence about the art work, but at the same time I'm intrigued on his usage of negative black stereotypes with prolific Civil Rights leaders.

So I'm not totally against it and I know art if often left up to interpretation.

I was a little baffled when I seen Oscar Micheaux use black face in his films when he was the pioneer of black cinema and an active combatant against negative portrayals of blacks on film.

I've actually created a video with black stereotypes from the 20s, 30s and 40s. Some saw it as tasteless, but I have a huge context behind what I do and how I educate about these films. It's not to demean, but to show perseverance during a time where imagery of us was all over the place.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
this shit looks ignorant as hell...I wonder if his message is no matter what walk of life we’re from we’re all black...even if it is there are better ways to convey this artistically imo

50royz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting to say the least.......don't like the 1st art work that much but he definitely has talent.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah he violated for that. I don't see anything positive or anything based in reality. I cant really focus on the artwork. The brother is obviously talented but by the looks of his other work, he KNOWS better then to this wackiness.

Reactions: LSN

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nah he violated for that. I don't see anything positive or anything based in reality. I cant really focus on the artwork. The brother is obviously talented but by the looks of his other work, he KNOWS better then to this wackiness.

I'm assuming that may be his point.

He knows better, so he did it anyway because his other artwork is not representative of the image in the original post.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm assuming that may be his point.

He knows better, so he did it anyway because his other artwork is not representative of the image in the original post.

Yea I guess, I just cant get over people doing things now like this just to get eyes on it, even though they know its bogus. Almost like the new rappers who talk trash to get eyeballs and then get beat up or killed. Just off the strength of this one alone Id be like this dude cant get my money lol. Especially since he has some amazing ideas and has a nice following. Its cheapening his brand to me.

I could also be over critical at the moment.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea I guess, I just cant get over people doing things now like this just to get eyes on it, even though they know its bogus. Almost like the new rappers who talk trash to get eyeballs and then get beat up or killed. Just off the strength of this one alone Id be like this dude cant get my money lol. Especially since he has some amazing ideas and has a nice following. Its cheapening his brand to me.

I could also be over critical at the moment.

I think being critical is what he may have want you to do. Leaving it up to your interpretation because it can create discussions and may you think on how it should be looked at.

Personally, seeing Malcolm and Martin playing dice and president Obama portraying a player like figure is kinda dope to me. Malcolm use to be a hustler before a minister. He wouldnt have been who he became without that particular past.

So being overly critical of art is ok, imo.

I don't think his intentions was for black folks to like the concept, but maybe more to talk about his work whether we like it or not.

I'd think I'd have more problems with it if that was all he done. At the same time, as long it was a conscious brother that provides context then I think I would be able to align with where he would be coming from.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think being critical is what he may have want you to do. Leaving it up to your interpretation because it can create discussions and may you think on how it should be looked at.

Personally, seeing Malcolm and Martin playing dice and president Obama portraying a player like figure is kinda dope to me. Malcolm use to be a hustler before a minister. He wouldnt have been who he became without that particular past.

So being overly critical of art is ok, imo.

I don't think his intentions was for black folks to like the concept, but maybe more to talk about his work whether we like it or not.

I'd think I'd have more problems with it if that was all he done. At the same time, as long it was a conscious brother that provides context then I think I would be able to align with where he would be coming from.

Yea I can dig that. I think this place (BGOL) is the only place I become a little more critical lol. Good point about if thats his only work. I may follow him and see if he shares why he made this, and why he chose these characters. Im like why Charlamgne (Who I liked until the Troy Ave thing, book was great and has shown true growth), Iverson? I guess Rihanna? Denzel? Kevin Hart (Eagles drunk incident) etc. Weird grouping.

Guess he has set out what he wanted to do though lol.