Home schooling?

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
Does anyone here home school their kids?

Is it beneficial?

What about the social aspect? Kids need to socialize with other kids.

How do you keep kids inspired when they are home all day?

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
I have so much to say about this, that I have no fucking idea where to start.

This is so personal to me.

HoneyBerry

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have kids, but I would love to have them home schooled. Lessons on life, religion, math, cultures and real history & racism. Also daily lessons in vacuuming, dishwashing, etc.

Crown&Coke

Star
Registered
I don't have kids, but I would love to have them home schooled. Lessons on life, religion, math, cultures and real history & racism. Also daily lessons in vacuuming, dishwashing, etc.
I wasnt home schooled but I took those lessons as mandatory extra credit at home.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Harbinger

Potential Star
Registered
I know several kids that have been, and are being home schooled. Typically, they are more learned, study better, and seem more intellectual and polished than their peers at an early age. Their peers tend to catch up as they get older.

They are definately lacking in the areas of social skills, though. They seem to be easily intimidated and offended, and everyone knows how cruel kids can be, intentional or not.

My 7 yo's mother has talked about home schooling, but I've opted for private. Don't want to raise any social misfits.

Crown&Coke

Star
Registered
You feel me? That mess is missing from the curriculum of today's youth. No home training :lol:
Home training will get you right. I swore when I was a kid that when I got out the house I would never wash a dish again but here I am still doing it. Its programmed in me now, I gotta keep everything clean. The only thing I dont do is make up my bed everyday.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I have so much to say about this, that I have no fucking idea where to start.

This is so personal to me.

vent a lil while Shane, i've been thinking about this for the kids......need to get as much insight as possible.....

lightningrodbob76

Veteran Lurker
Platinum Member
I agree that children that are home schooled are behind socially, but you are able to give them a better education than most public schools can provide. Plus, home schooling benefits the parents as well. You'll realize how much you've forgotten.

I've opted for private school. Like Harbinger said, the next DC sniper won't come out of my house.