Ha ha ha ha ha

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
So no one is gonna talk about this. About how we lost to a bunch of "Euros".

[FRAME]http://www.nba.com/features/060901_usagre_recap.html[/FRAME]

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Then they rebounded and beat the shit outta Argentina
for the bronze medal. They obviously took Greece too
lightly. IMO, that's the COACHES fault

No doubt they SHOULD have won the gold. But the problem
is not basketball skill, but lack of intensity to win at all costs

Looking at the faces of the players after it was over, it looks
like the only one who was clearly affected by the loss was
Wade. The rest did not REALLY care that much. Or at least
they did not LOOK like they cared

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
it WAS talked about

DAYS ago... on the main board... why repost in both forums?

greece won the game... and? so? they won a single game by 6 points... shit happens... wasn't like this was a series...

anything can happen on a given night, that's why you lace 'em up and have to actually play the game...

greece went on to get blown out by spain, losing by a 23 point margin... greece only managed 47 total points in the final game, and spain's best player wasn't even on the floor...

euro basketball is garbage, and always will be... the greatest euro players of ALL TIME don't amount to anything more than a roster of token nba journeymen...

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
a treat for you

your wonder boy put his foot in his overly large mouth again TODAY. funny comments from the guy who wasn't out there on the wood busting his ass in games, or leaving his sweat on the floor in practices:

Bryant: U.S. team needs chemistry
/ Associated Press
Posted: 2 hours ago

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) - The United States basketball team will have to work on its internal chemistry if it wants to perform well at the 2008 Olympics, Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant said Thursday.

The NBA All-Star, visiting Taiwan as part of a five-leg tour of Asia to meet with fans, told a news conference in Taipei that a newly assembled team always needed some time together before starting to play with consistency.
The United States returned home Sunday from the world championship in Japan with bronze medals - mirroring its performance at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

Both results were widely seen as disappointments in the United States, home of the talent-rich NBA.

"Years playing together will jell us as a unit, (but) if there is no chemistry, it's going to be tough to beat all those talented teams," Bryant said, adding he was confident the two years lead up to the Beijing Olympics would be enough to find that chemistry.

Bryant's Asian tour has already taken him to Japan and Hong Kong. On Friday he was scheduled to leave Taiwan for South Korea, en route to China.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
DAYS ago... on the main board... why repost in both forums?

Because this is the sports section. You know these types of conversations tend to get buried after about a day.

euro basketball is garbage, and always will be... the greatest euro players of ALL TIME don't amount to anything more than a roster of token nba journeymen...

Well when they play together, it amounts to something. I'd rather have a gold medal than a bronze medal any day.

your wonder boy put his foot in his overly large mouth again TODAY. funny comments from the guy who wasn't out there on the wood busting his ass in games, or leaving his sweat on the floor in practices:

Come on Cran, you know if Kobe would have played, you would have found some way to blame him if they would have lost (with him). Admit it.

"Years playing together will jell us as a unit, (but) if there is no chemistry, it's going to be tough to beat all those talented teams," Bryant said, adding he was confident the two years lead up to the Beijing Olympics would be enough to find that chemistry.

told a news conference in Taipei that a newly assembled team always needed some time together before starting to play with consistency.

The United States basketball team will have to work on its internal chemistry if it wants to perform well at the 2008 Olympics

What did he say that was so bad? I'm sure he's not the first player to talk about a team needing chemistry, and wasn't on the court at that time.

polkier04

wannabe star
Registered
It's not that bad. The core players (Carmello, D-Wade, Bron, Brand, etc.) look promising for a Gold medal in the 2008 games. Hopefully by then, they will get rid of some of the players... IE BRAD MILLER!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
was watching a tape of one of the games and I couldn't
help but notice that the USA had Elton Brand playing center
for a significant portion of the game.......in my opionion
that was a mistake. As much as I like EB at the 4, I do not
believe he is suited to play the 5. Not against 7 footers...
Coach K (hate that name) might've been a little biased in
his favor.

IMO, Howard or Bosh is more capatible with Wade and Lebron

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RunawaySlave said:
was watching a tape of one of the games and I couldn't
help but notice that the USA had Elton Brand playing center
for a significant portion of the game.......in my opionion
that was a mistake. As much as I like EB at the 4, I do not
believe he is suited to play the 5. Not against 7 footers...
Coach K (hate that name) might've been a little biased in
his favor.

IMO, Howard or Bosh is more capatible with Wade and Lebron

Ya know? Especially when the guy is barely over 6-6.

But that's no surprise there. I've seen Coach K's lack of game planning and shady substitution patterns single handidly cost Duke not just games but championships and there wasnt any reason to think it would change with him controlling an NBA roster. Hopefully they'll pull it together for the Olympics because I'd to see who the media blames as the scapegoat when Coach K is the main one not doing his job.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I mean, it's not like the Euro big man are gonna go down on the blocks
and put EB on their hip and post him up all day. They're gonna be out on
the perimeter shooting pussified jump shots, but I still don't think EB is
the right one to be chasing the 7 fters around 15-25 (depending on how
soft they are) feet from the hoop

and where the hell was Brad Miller?? I did not even know he was ON the
squad until it was all over. Or am I mistaken??

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
ask tobe

TimRock said:
What did he say that was so bad? I'm sure he's not the first player to talk about a team needing chemistry, and wasn't on the court at that time.

guess someone else had to pull tobe's coat and let him know that this was a dumb ass thing to say.

tobe issued this lame and incredible retraction to the l.a. times in an attempt to distance himself from his immature comments:

During the summer, Bryant toured Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan. While in Taipei, he was quoted as saying the U.S. basketball team will have to work on its chemistry to perform well at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Didn't happen, he says now.

"Those words never came out of my mouth," he said. "I think something must have gotten lost in translation. Obviously, they misunderstood everything I was saying."

for those that have NOT participated in organized team sports, it is INCREDIBLY insulting to have a supposed member of your squad make ANY sort of comments about building chemistry when s/he HASN'T EVEN BEEN THERE to participate in the activities that DO build team chemistry. it's a faux pas compounded by the fact that this supposed member did not have to EARN a spot like everybody else who left blood, sweat and tears on the court.