QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Mosque at Ground Zero ?

The Plan

• amd_rendering.jpg

Propsed mosque to be built
    two block from Ground Zero

• A joint project between the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, organizations which work to improve relations with the followers of Islam, plan to build a mosque two blocks away from ground zero. The Cordoba House project calls for a 15-story community center including a mosque, performance art center, gym, swimming pool and other public spaces.

• On May 25, 2010, after hours of contentious public comment, the Manhattan Community Board voted to support the plan to build the mosque and cultural center near ground zero.

• It's a seed of peace," board member Rob Townley said. "We believe that this is significant step in the Muslim community to counteract the hate and fanaticism in the minority of the community."

The Protest

• Mark Williams, chairman of the Tea Party Express, blogged about the 13-story mosque and Islamic cultural center planned at Park Place and Broadway, calling it a monument to the 9/11 terrorists.

"The monument would consist of a Mosque for the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god," Williams wrote on his Web site.

alg_williams.jpg

Tea Party Express leader Mark Williams incited a controversy by saying Muslims worshipped 'a monkey God.'

His Honor

Michael_Bloomberg_20090308173428839_320_240.JPG

• In his fiercest defense yet of the mosque proposed near Ground Zero, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has declared that it must be allowed to proceed because the government "shouldn't be in the business of picking" one religion over another, the New York Post reported Saturday.

"I think it's fair to say if somebody was going to try, on that piece of property, to build a church or a synagogue, nobody would be yelling and screaming," the mayor said.

"And the fact of the matter is that Muslims have a right to do it, too."

Ground Zero 'No Mosque' Rally

Church%20st.JPG
signage.JPG

flag.JPG

Simon%20Denga.JPG

• On Sunday, June 6, in the shadow of the Ground Zero construction site, with huge cranes looming overhead, an estimated 4,000 people gathered to show their opposition to the proposed ‘Cordoba House Mosque and Center.’

The insensitivity of building a Mosque so close to Ground Zero is extremely painful to these people. The premise at the heart of this is that America is still at war with the radical Islamic terrorists and there is the appearance of ‘Sharia Law’ in Europe and the signs of it creeping into America. These protestors are fighting a battle that is two-fold: stopping this mosque’s construction at Ground Zero and fighting the “politically correct” voices that are accusing them of bigotry. </font size>

What Say You ?

Mosque,

No Mosque ?

Last edited:

Cruise

Star
Registered
The only people with an informed and vested interest in this are the people of New York City.

I find it funny how you get all these "experts" wanting to dictate what happens in places where they do not live, or work.

If the people of New York City want it, then that is all that should matter.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The only people with an informed and vested interest in this are the people of New York City.

I find it funny how you get all these "experts" wanting to dictate what happens in places where they do not live, or work.

If the people of New York City want it, then that is all that should matter.

What do we do when/if the people of New York are divided on the issue ???

QueEx

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Mosque, with reservations.

I think the Muslim interest has as much right as does the Christian, Jewish, Hindu or any othe religious interest does to build a place of worship, at that same location.

But I cannot say its the wisest of things to do. Perhaps, out of a sense of understanding, the Muslim interest might conclude that building a Mosque on/near Ground Zero might be offensive to some and not worth the angst. On the other hand, Islam didn't attack this country on September 11th, from most accounts, some extremist did. Similarly, Christianity didn't blow up the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, from most accounts, an extremist did.

QueEx

Cruise

Star
Registered
What do we do when/if the people of New York are divided on the issue ???

QueEx

You already know.

You don't expect strangers to tell you how to run your own household (at least not unsolicited).

How is anyone going to tell the people of New York City what they can or cannot build in their own city?

This country has too many people who don't know how to mind their own business.

Greed

Star
Registered
You already know.

You don't expect strangers to tell you how to run your own household (at least not unsolicited).

How is anyone going to tell the people of New York City what they can or cannot build in their own city?

This country has too many people who don't know how to mind their own business.
Does that include the city of New York and its "Community Board" telling people whether or not and when and where they can build a mosque?

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Ground Zero Crowd Menaces African Men

On this ground, zero tolerance

0607L_L1Protest.jpg

By The Buzz
June 8, 2010

Once again, racial profiling leads to bad decisions and injustice. On Monday in New York City, it led a group of people protesting a proposed Islamic center near the site of the September 11 attacks to turn on two men they thought looked and sounded suspicious:

At one point, a portion of the crowd menacingly surrounded two Egyptian men who were speaking Arabic and were thought to be Muslims.

"Go home," several shouted from the crowd.

"Get out," others shouted.

In fact, the two men – Joseph Nassralla and Karam El Masry — were not Muslims at all. They turned out to be Egyptian Coptic Christians who work for a California-based Christian satellite TV station called "The Way." Both said they had come to protest the mosque.

"I'm a Christian," Nassralla shouted to the crowd, his eyes bulging and beads of sweat rolling down his face.

But it was no use. The protesters had become so angry at what they thought were Muslims that New York City police officers had to rush in and pull Nassralla and El Masry to safety.

"I flew nine hours in an airplane to come here," a frustrated Nassralla said afterward.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/ground-zero-crowd-menaces-african-men

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
<font size="5"><center>
Ground Zero Crowd Menaces African Men</font size>
<font size="4">

On this ground, zero tolerance </font size></center>

0607L_L1Protest.jpg

By The Buzz
June 8, 2010

Once again, racial profiling leads to bad decisions and injustice. On Monday in New York City, it led a group of people protesting a proposed Islamic center near the site of the September 11 attacks to turn on two men they thought looked and sounded suspicious:

At one point, a portion of the crowd menacingly surrounded two Egyptian men who were speaking Arabic and were thought to be Muslims.

"Go home," several shouted from the crowd.

"Get out," others shouted.

In fact, the two men – Joseph Nassralla and Karam El Masry — were not Muslims at all. They turned out to be Egyptian Coptic Christians who work for a California-based Christian satellite TV station called "The Way." Both said they had come to protest the mosque.

"I'm a Christian," Nassralla shouted to the crowd, his eyes bulging and beads of sweat rolling down his face.

But it was no use. The protesters had become so angry at what they thought were Muslims that New York City police officers had to rush in and pull Nassralla and El Masry to safety.

"I flew nine hours in an airplane to come here," a frustrated Nassralla said afterward.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/ground-zero-crowd-menaces-african-men

This is tragically funny. I have no sympathy for either of those dudes.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

NYC mosque project clears hurdle

ground-zero-mosque-cp-86132.jpg

CBC News
August 3, 2010

<font size="3">Efforts to build a mosque two blocks from the site of the 9/11 attacks in lower Manhattan got a big boost Tuesday when a city agency cleared the way for the construction of a controversial Muslim cultural centre.

New York's City Landmarks Commission announced it would not give an old building on the site landmark status to protect it from demolition.

That allows the building to be torn down to make way for a 13-storey Islamic centre
that has sparked heated opposition from critics who say its presence so close to the site of the World Trade Centre attacks would insult the memory of the 3,000 who died there.

The $100-million US Cordoba House complex includes a mosque, cultural centre, auditorium and prayer room.

Critics had tried to block the project by getting a nearby building declared historic. They'd argued that the building should be protected because it had been hit by some of the wreckage from the planes that hit the twin towers.

The commission voted unanimously, however, that the building was not historic.</font size>

<font size="4">Site inappropriate, critics say </font size>

<font size="3">Ever since plans for the Islamic centre surfaced, fierce opposition has emerged from those who've said the centre should not be built so close to the spot where Islamic extremists engineered the worst terrorist attack on American soil.

Critics have openly wondered where the funding for the massive project is coming from.

The mosque is a project of the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Institute, which promotes cross-cultural understanding between Islam and the west.

Others have speculated that the centre's motives may not be as benign as its leaders claim — noting that the director of the Cordoba project has been quoted as saying U.S. policies contributed to the Sept. 11 attacks.

The project has also divided politicians:

• New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg supports the mosque;

• Rick Lazio, a former Republican Congressman who's running for governor, opposes it.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/08/03/mosque-nyc-cleared.html

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Remember, Mayor Bloomberg is a Jew. It is very difficult to demagogue the North East. It is not as ideological as the deep south. That's why in the North East, Sarah Falin is seen as the twit that she is!

histick

Potential Star
Registered
Remember, Mayor Bloomberg is a Jew. It is very difficult to demagogue the North East. It is not as ideological as the deep south. That's why in the North East, Sarah Falin is seen as the twit that she is!

Well, from a tactical view point, it would make perfect sense for a Jew to support the proposed mosque knowing that it would draw American ire against Muslims and their faith.

Last edited:

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On the real, why does it has to be right near ground zero?

Honestly, if they were going to do that, I feel, that the most effective way to embodied the American spirit is to have in all inclusive religious centers with EVERY religion present. Plus, it would of been a better deal to have it all in the new world trade center. Make it more educational, than religious. The way they did it makes it look like Islam has taken over New York. It's not really a good look...

dig it

Support BGOL
Registered
Let them have their Mosque, this is what our country is supposed to be built on.......but it aint the smartest place to put it.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
The motives for the attacks include the presence of the U.S. in Saudi Arabia,[133] the support of Israel by the U.S.,[134] and the sanctions against Iraq.[135] These motives were explicitly stated by Al-Qaeda in proclamations before the attacks, including the fatwā of August 1996,[136] and a shorter fatwa published in February 1998.[137] After the attacks, bin Laden and al-Zawahiri published additional video tapes and audio tapes, some of which repeated those reasons for the attacks. Two particularly important publications were bin Laden's 2002 "Letter to America",[138] and a 2004 video tape by bin Laden.[139] In addition to direct pronouncements by bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, numerous political analysts have postulated motivations for the attacks.

The continued presence of US troops after the Gulf War in Saudi Arabia was one of the stated motivations behind the September 11th terrorist attacks,[137] the Khobar Towers bombing, as well, the date chosen for the 1998 United States embassy bombings (August 7), was eight years to the day that American troops were sent to Saudi Arabia.[140] Bin Laden interpreted the Prophet Muhammad as banning the "permanent presence of infidels in Arabia".[141] In 1996, Bin Laden issued a fatwa, calling for American troops to get out of Saudi Arabia. In the 1998 fatwa, Al-Qaeda wrote " for over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula, plundering its riches, dictating to its rulers, humiliating its people, terrorizing its neighbors, and turning its bases in the Peninsula into a spearhead through which to fight the neighboring Muslim peoples."[142] In the December 1999 interview with Rahimullah Yusufzai, bin Laden said he felt that Americans were "too near to Mecca" and considered this a provocation to the entire Muslim world.[143]

Putting the a mosque near the Towers is similar to what America did in Saudi Arabia; ultimately provoking Al-Qaida to attack. The irony of putting this mosque near ground zero, the muslim community is becoming Americanized, being insensitive to people cultures....

:lol::lol:

Last edited:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
On the real, why does it has to be right near ground zero?
Whose choice is it? Yours or theirs ?

Honestly, if they were going to do that, I feel, that the most effective way to embodied the American spirit is to have in all inclusive religious centers with EVERY religion present.

Again, whose choice is it ? ? ?

Plus, it would of been a better deal to have it all in the new world trade center. Make it more educational, than religious. The way they did it makes it look like Islam has taken over New York. It's not really a good look...

Do you support repeal of the First Amendment to the Constitution ? ? ?

QueEx

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whose choice is it? Yours or theirs ?

Again, whose choice is it ? ? ?

Do you support repeal of the First Amendment to the Constitution ? ? ?

QueEx

First off, how do you get repealing the first amendment from? I'm just suggesting a more tasteful way of doing things. Of course, they have the right to have a mosque anywhere they want it, but it doesn't mean it's RIGHT to do so.

Secondly, it's not about if it's my, yours, or anyone else choice. I asked a simple question, and now it seems like you want to put me in this far right, Christian, extremist class. I simply said this: Why does it have to be near ground zero? I'm not challenging their right to build it, because they obviously have the right to. I guess asking "why" is too offensive these days?

Third of all, since this mosque is being build near ground zero, there shouldn't be an issue for a mega-church to be right across the street from it *if logistics call for it*. Same goes for a Synagogue down the street. I'm sure you should support that right? Oh yea, lets make sure the most extreme preachers we can find in the states *hmmm John Hagee could work for the new church* to be the head pastors/Rabbis. I'm sure NO ONE would have an issue with that huh?

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Third of all, since this mosque is being build near ground zero, there shouldn't be an issue for a mega-church to be right across the street from it *if logistics call for it*. Same goes for a Synagogue down the street. I'm sure you should support that right? Oh yea, lets make sure the most extreme preachers we can find in the states *hmmm John Hagee could work for the new church* to be the head pastors/Rabbis. I'm sure NO ONE would have an issue with that huh?

A better question is "Would there be this controversy if it was Hagee opening a church?" I haven't seen anyone anywhere suggest that another group opening a synogogue or church in the area would be a problem.

How far should it be anyway? It's two blocks away. What's the range they should be building the new cultural center (it's not just a mosque but it's put that way to elicit emotional responses).

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A better question is "Would there be this controversy if it was Hagee opening a church?" I haven't seen anyone anywhere suggest that another group opening a synogogue or church in the area would be a problem.

How far should it be anyway? It's two blocks away. What's the range they should be building the new cultural center (it's not just a mosque but it's put that way to elicit emotional responses).

1. Why should it be exclusive to just Muslims then if it's a cultural center? You act like Christians are the only ones who need to learn tolerance of other cultures. If it's just a cultural center than it should be all inclusive not exclusive.

2. I know that there haven't been any other religious groups suggesting to do the same as the group who supports the mosque wants. However, I was just stating that it should be NO issue if any other religious groups doing the same.

3. Well you know there's white supremacy groups that claims to be a religious groups. I guess they should build a church right next to the MLK library in Atlanta...

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
1. Why should it be exclusive to just Muslims then if it's a cultural center? You act like Christians are the only ones who need to learn tolerance of other cultures. If it's just a cultural center than it should be all inclusive not exclusive.

2. I know that there haven't been any other religious groups suggesting to do the same as the group who supports the mosque wants. However, I was just stating that it should be NO issue if any other religious groups doing the same.

3. Well you know there's white supremacy groups that claims to be a religious groups. I guess they should build a church right next to the MLK library in Atlanta...

1.No one said it was, it's just being built by a Muslim group so it will be Islam-focused. Read up on it, AAA.

2.Can't see why it would be.

3. If it's their property, go ahead. There would probably be some hubbub, but so what?
Comparing this Muslim group to a White supremacist group is a false comparison.

Lamarr

Star
Registered
if it's not a threat to National Security, it shouldn't be a problem. I, personally, don't think it's the wisest move

Sidenote, Who owns the deed to the land & How / when was it funded? just asking

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
You cats do realize that Muslims have been using that spot already?

White people are very funny. I'm supposed to make the distinction between slave owners/KKK/racist and white people in general which is cool but a tiny portion of them can make the distinction between Muslims and terrorist.

Black people should be ashamed of themselves if they are on some no Mosque shit. You had to buck up and deal with all types of symbols of slavery/racism all your life in every aspect of your life.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
First off, how do you get repealing the first amendment from? I'm just suggesting a more tasteful way of doing things. Of course, they have the right to have a mosque anywhere they want it, but it doesn't mean it's RIGHT to do so.

I just thought maybe you would just want to do away with it, thats all -- being that to do so would make it easier for you to make those moral (whats right, wrong, or more tasteful) decisions as to which people have rights to practice their religion in the same place or manner as any other, without worrying about all of that Constitutional mumbo jumbo.

Secondly, it's not about if it's my, yours, or anyone else choice.

Thats why I suggested that you seek repeal of the U.S. Constitution. IT talks about Choice, and freedom to make choices.

I asked a simple question, and now it seems like you want to put me in this far right, Christian, extremist class.

Well, you MUST be thinking in a "far right, Christian, extremist class" frame of mind because I didn't say any of that. LOL. You told on your damn self. :lol:

I simply said this: Why does it have to be near ground zero? I'm not challenging their right to build it, because they obviously have the right to. I guess asking "why" is too offensive these days?

Lemme see; Hmmmmmm. Uhmmmmmmm.

<font size="3">Because they want to</font size> :confused:

And YOU have NO RIGHT to tell them otherwise, especially whats right or tasteful :confused:

Third of all, since this mosque is being build near ground zero, there shouldn't be an issue for a mega-church to be right across the street from it *if logistics call for it*.

Has someone made application to build this mega church ??? If so, all things being the same (effect upon traffic congestion, etc.,), their application is due to be granted as well.

If, on the other hand, the mega church is just more of you trying to make moral right, wrong, tasteful decisions for other people, maybe this is a good time to consider why there is a Constitution, in the first place.

Same goes for a Synagogue down the street. I'm sure you should support that right? Oh yea, lets make sure the most extreme preachers we can find in the states *hmmm John Hagee could work for the new church* to be the head pastors/Rabbis. I'm sure NO ONE would have an issue with that huh?

Yep, I support them all. And while they are building all of those churchs, synagogues, mosques, etc., so close together . . .

"maybe they can find a way;
to bring some understanding here today."

- Marvin, Circa 1970

QueEx

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
On the Lunacy of Maggot Mosque Protesters

On the Lunacy of Maggot Mosque Protesters
<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/8cf_1281891517"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/8cf_1281891517" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>
Last time I checked we still had Freedom of Religion as an important part of the constitution.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just thought maybe you would just want to do away with it, thats all -- being that to do so would make it easier for you to make those moral (whats right, wrong, or more tasteful) decisions as to which people have rights to practice their religion in the same place or manner as any other, without worrying about all of that Constitutional mumbo jumbo.

Thats why I suggested that you seek repeal of the U.S. Constitution. <FONT SIZE="3">IT</font size> talks about Choice, and freedom to make choices.

Well, you MUST be thinking in a "far right, Christian, extremist class" frame of mind because I didn't say any of that. LOL. You told on your damn self. :lol:

Lemme see; Hmmmmmm. Uhmmmmmmm.

<font size="3">Because they want to</font size> :confused:

And YOU have NO RIGHT to tell them otherwise, especially whats right or tasteful :confused:

Has someone made application to build this mega church ??? If so, all things being the same (effect upon traffic congestion, etc.,), their application is due to be granted as well.

If, on the other hand, the mega church is just more of you trying to make moral right, wrong, tasteful decisions for other people, maybe this is a good time to consider why there is a Constitution, in the first place.

Yep, I support them all. And while they are building all of those churchs, synagogues, mosques, etc., so close together . . .

"maybe they can find a way;
to bring some understanding here today."

- Marvin, Circa 1970

QueEx

1. Don't be an idiot just for arguments sake Que. What I feel that's right does not affect my way of looking at things in a political matter. Of course, they have a right to make the Mosque, but you must be out your damn mind to think I would repeal the FIRST amendment because of this. For you to even think such of thing tells me what you actually think of my side. To be honest, have you heard ANY talk show personality of any substance say such of a thing *in regards to the first amendment*.

2. Just like they have the "choice" to build it there, we have the "choice" to ask WHY THERE? We lose all of our freedoms when we forget to ask "why". I guess we should just accept everything the way you see it...right? Besides, I don't remember me actually telling ANYONE where to build what at. Please, point out where I stated WHERE the mosque should be built at?

3. Come to think about it, how is it violating the first amendment if the local level told them that the area they are putting is offensive? There are zoning laws on the local level. You can't have a strip club by a school. I'm sure a lawyer could argue that a strip club conducts performing arts *because it is dancing*.

4. Personally, if I had my way, I would make all of the WTC area a religion free zone. Just to keep the confusion down.

5. :lol:@ upgrade dave well thought out answer, but we all know how people will shit a columbian brick if that truly did happened. Al Sharpton could get the gang down there fast enough. Ice Cube would be back rapping like it's 93 again..

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
4. Personally, if I had my way, I would make all of the WTC area a religion free zone. Just to keep the confusion down.

Why? I completely reject the idea that area is "hallowed ground". It's a fucking crime scene and was and will go back to being a bastion of American capitalism.

5. :lol:@ upgrade dave well thought out answer, but we all know how people will shit a columbian brick if that truly did happened. Al Sharpton could get the gang down there fast enough. Ice Cube would be back rapping like it's 93 again..

Even if Martin himself came from the grave, they would be wrong. Drop the straw man arguments, AAA. They aren't helping you at all.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But I cannot say its the wisest of things to do. Perhaps, out of a sense of understanding, the Muslim interest might conclude that building a Mosque on/near Ground Zero might be offensive to some and not worth the angst. On the other hand, Islam didn't attack this country on September 11th, from most accounts, some extremist did. Similarly, Christianity didn't blow up the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, from most accounts, an extremist did.

QueEx

I don't understand how a community center that includes a mosque is insensitive.

Is it insensitive to build a catholic church or community center in a city that has had a priest prey on children.

I mean because the terrosits were muslim doesn't mean that Islam supports their actions.

Is it insensitive to build a christian building in Oklahoma because of what Mcveigh did ?

Christians have been responsible for many atrocities yet nobody protests the faith as a whole.

I think Blomberg was right,it it was a synagoue or church you wouldn't hear a peep.

The outrage is based on racism and thats why the tea party can say monkey god and not a singel tea party supporter would condemn him for saying that.

I think as long as the center is open to all it can be a good thing in creating understanding ...People fear what they don't understand and all they hear is islam =terrorists.they need to learn for themselves.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
1. Don't be an idiot just for arguments sake Que. What I feel that's right does not affect my way of looking at things in a political matter. Of course, they have a right to make the Mosque, but you must be out your damn mind to think I would repeal the FIRST amendment because of this. For you to even think such of thing tells me what you actually think of my side.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Maybe you need to stop viewing everything in terms of "sides".

I don't have a "side" on this; and I don't think that many of those who say let them build the Mosque have a "side".

But, maybe I now understand why you speak from sides; See your next quote:

To be honest, have you heard ANY talk show personality of any substance say such of a thing *in regards to the first amendment*.

Ah Ha! :lol:

Somebody said that your comments were just Talk Show Talking Points !!!

Who? gives a fuck what talk show personalities say ??? Other than you ???

Come to think about it, how is it violating the first amendment if the local level told them that the area they are putting is offensive? There are zoning laws on the local level. You can't have a strip club by a school. I'm sure a lawyer could argue that a strip club conducts performing arts *because it is dancing*.

You need to leave them Talk Show Personalities alone! The local board has clear the way for construction. SEE POST #12 ABOVE.

If the proposed Mosque would violate local zoning laws, so be it; let the local zoning board deny their application. I'm not for or against the construction (I understand the concept of "sidelessness" may be troublesome to you). But, if zoning is appropriate and you've already asked your obligatory "why"; what next ??? Do you still blindly follow your Talk Show budds ???

I understand how you think, but what you think is contrary to the Constitution. Do you understand that ???

QueEx

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Maybe you need to stop viewing everything in terms of "sides".

I don't have a "side" on this; and I don't think that many of those who say let them build the Mosque have a "side".

But, maybe I now understand why you speak from sides; See your next quote:

Ah Ha! :lol:

Somebody said that your comments were just Talk Show Talking Points !!!

Who? gives a fuck what talk show personalities say ??? Other than you ???

You need to leave them Talk Show Personalities alone! The local board has clear the way for construction. SEE POST #12 ABOVE.

If the proposed Mosque would violate local zoning laws, so be it; let the local zoning board deny their application. I'm not for or against the construction (I understand the concept of "sidelessness" may be troublesome to you). But, if zoning is appropriate and you've already asked your obligatory "why"; what next ??? Do you still blindly follow your Talk Show budds ???

I understand how you think, but what you think is contrary to the Constitution. Do you understand that ???

QueEx

1. I understand "sidelineless" or whatever term you are trying to use. You are creating an argument for the board's sake. What I don't understand is, why put the constitution in this if I, nor anyone remotely against this, have made it a constitutional issue. Funny that Obama did the same thing YOU did earlier in this post.

2. This goes to my radio comment. I was just using that as an example of the fact that you *and Obama* tried to deflect the situation into a constitutional issue when it is certainly NOT one.

3. I guess we can't agree that the Mosque on ground zero is disrespectful to the survivors WHO holds resentment to that religion right? Just like it would be disrespectful for the Klan to build a monument right next to MLK's memorial. Can we at least agree on that?