Gold: $1,116.20 Per Ounce

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Peter Schiff: If you're going to have me on every time Gold makes a new high...

You're going to have to get me my own show... :yes:

InfoBabe schooled at 5:40
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ncvSRcLvYpA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ncvSRcLvYpA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

USDollarIndex.jpg

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you can just buy companies that profit from the price of gold. or gold mining companies. Inflation is coming people I give the stock market 6-9 months.

Inflation is coming

There are no long term signs of inflation. In fact, the conditions are ripe for deflation. Unemployment for the next several years in the US will continue to be high. The American worker's wages will continue to drop. Wealth will continue to be shifted more to the top 5% of wealth holders. Look at the stock markets, rising while unemployment rises. As long as businesses receive tax breaks for moving jobs off of American shores, there will be little demand for 'things.' Get ready for a bad Christmas.

lerri

Star
Registered
PEOPLE KEEP THINKING INFLATION IS NOT THE PROBLEM...........NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!! INFLATION IS THE PROBLEM.AND IT'S PROBABLY GONNA KEEP GETTING WORSE AND WORSE.WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE THINK GOLD KEEP GOING UP.SOONER OR LATER GOLD IS GONNA BE TO EXPENSIVE TO BUY.BEST BET IF YOU GOT MONEY NOW AND YOU CAN AFFORD TO TRADE OFF DOLLARS FOR GOLD.DO IT NOW.BECAUSE GOLD BY THE ONCE AND BULLION 'S IS GONNA KEEP GOING UP AND BE ILL-EXPENSIVE.ALSO REMEMBER WE WAS ON A GOLD STANDARD BEFORE WE WERE ON BANK NOTES(PAPER CURRENCY).GOLD NEVER LOOSES IT'S VALUE.THE DOLLAR WILL BE DEVALUED I JUST DONT KNOW WHEN.NOBODY'S NO THAT'S.BUT MOST SMART INVESTORS DO KNOW IT'S GONNA HAPPEN.:smh::smh::smh::smh:

Last edited:

lerri

Star
Registered
how do i buy gold.
YOU CAN GO TO THIS SITE RIGHT HERE http://www.monex.com. CALL THEM UP AND THEY CAN TELL YOU EXACTLY HOW.AND IF YOU HAVE ANY SUSPECION THAT THEY ARE NOT LEGIT.YOU CAN CALL THE BBB.BUT I DOUBT IT LIKE HELL YOU WONT HAVE TO DO THAT. SO I DONT THINK THAT'S IS GOING TO BE THE CASE.

Cruise

Star
Registered
There are no long term signs of inflation. In fact, the conditions are ripe for deflation. Unemployment for the next several years in the US will continue to be high. The American worker's wages will continue to drop. Wealth will continue to be shifted more to the top 5% of wealth holders. Look at the stock markets, rising while unemployment rises. As long as businesses receive tax breaks for moving jobs off of American shores, there will be little demand for 'things.' Get ready for a bad Christmas.

There is a difference between CREDIT DEFLATION and CURRENCY INFLATION.

CREDIT DEFLATION means prices for debt-based things drops... such as houses, cars, business equipment, office space, payroll, diamond rings or anything that relies on debt. It is cyclical. Sometimes there is deflation (BUST), sometimes there is inflation (BOOM).

CURRENCY INFLATION means prices for cash goods increases, like food, clothing, fuel, vacations, etc. It is non-stop, and is simply a matter of degree.

The stock market is rising, not because it is worth more, but simply to keep pace with inflation. It will keep rising as inflation gets more and more serious.

This causes HIGH unemployment and an increasing stock market.

When banks restrict credit, while simultaneously the government is waging war, you see these conditions (see the the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, World War I & II, Vietnam, and Gulf War).

When the wars end, prosperity will come fast and hard. Times will be so good (the 1870s, Roaring 20s, the 50s, the 80s, Clinton 90s) I fear people will repeat the same stupid mistakes all over again. But, such is life.

ALSO REMEMBER WE WAS ON A GOLD STANDARD BEFORE WE WERE ON BANK NOTES(PAPER CURRENCY).GOLD NEVER LOOSES IT'S VALUE.

Most people don't know this. They think people have always used bank notes, and many don't realize a paper dollar IS a bank note.

Lamarr

Star
Registered

Schiff answers this question at 2:18, in regards to signs of inflation. Your understanding of inflation is backwards. Inflation should be seen as the increase of the money supply. Increasing prices in the stores are the result of inflation, which is slowly rising.

My thoughts about deflation are this: The govt doesn't want deflation because; as money becomes harder to come by, it makes the debts harder to repay; and we all know the govt is the worlds biggest debtor. Think about it: In deflation, tax revenues decrease, in both corporate & personal taxes. So, as we see, the govt is trying like heck to ignite inflation so they can continue borrowing & spending. Instead of the recession being avoided, it should be embraced, as the "market" can correct itself from all the malinvestment of the last 10yrs.

If we don't stop these stimulus ideas and "gimmicks" to encourage people to spend, we will end up with runaway inflation!

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Geithner: All Measures Of Confidence Are Up Since I've Taken Office :D really? Isn't the surge in gold prices quite the opposite $1148 & rising

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3pqQWzxMo2M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3pqQWzxMo2M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheDynasty

Certified Genius
BGOL Investor
Great response.

CREDIT DEFLATION means prices for debt-based things drops... such as houses, cars, business equipment, office space, payroll, diamond rings or anything that relies on debt. It is cyclical. Sometimes there is deflation (BUST), sometimes there is inflation (BOOM).

CURRENCY INFLATION means prices for cash goods increases, like food, clothing, fuel, vacations, etc. It is non-stop, and is simply a matter of degree.

The stock market is rising, not because it is worth more, but simply to keep pace with inflation. It will keep rising as inflation gets more and more serious.

When banks restrict credit, while simultaneously the government is waging war, you see these conditions (see the the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, World War I & II, Vietnam, and Gulf War).

When the wars end, prosperity will come fast and hard. Times will be so good (the 1870s, Roaring 20s, the 50s, the 80s, Clinton 90s) I fear people will repeat the same stupid mistakes all over again. But, such is life.

Most people don't know this. They think people have always used bank notes, and many don't realize a paper dollar IS a bank note.

UniqueStyles82

Star
Registered

Exactly. Let me make your POV more precise. I just read an article yesterday on how the stock market is disjointed from the economic reality that most people are going through. The author of the article made great points which you and lamarr allude to.

The US govt is the purchasing power right now. Thats one of the reasons why inflation(as Schiff is stipulating) is occuring. Bernankes willingness to keep interest rates to damn near zero. The stimulus, bailout, and now to be certain budget and universal healthcare bills are nothing but the govt printing money and borrowing debt to pay for shit. One of the reasons the stock market started to turn around is because of the reassurance that the govt made about getting the economy going again. Not only that, alot of companies that trade on the stock exchanges are safe to say globalized. They are still going to rake in profits from foreign markets regardless of how they do domestically(take into account companies are cutting payrolls for profit as well).

Its almost like everybody is waiting for that fall down moment. I do want to get in the stock market but I know there is going to be a point where the stocks will drastically go down again. I say it will come like when bare essentials are very costly to buy. Then shit will get hectic.

Cruise

Star
Registered
I'm just hoping this eventual dollar crash doesn't hit for a few more years.

I need more time to accumulate and establish my position.

:D

geech

Star
Registered
THIS IS A THANG OF BEAUTY IVE INHERITED $47,000 in American gold Eagle Proof 1 oz Coins... :eek: :dance:

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Daaaaaaamn, gold down almost $60 and at $1,158! Dollar strengthens after optimistic jobs report!

Cruise

Star
Registered
Daaaaaaamn, gold down almost $60 and at $1,158! Dollar strengthens after optimistic jobs report!

As long as the United States continues its adventures in Afghanistan, gold and silver are a good place to put your savings.

In fact, the reason the banks dropped gold as a reserve is because of the power of cheap oil.

Why have gold reserves when the modern economy runs on oil? It was all about the oil reserves.

Since cheap oil is disappearing (along with the oil reserves), these paper currencies are facing their inevitable collapse.

So, these short-term price changes are meaningless as far as the fundamentals.

The dollar is going down and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about short-term price fluctuations.

Last edited:

RBGrider

Star
Registered
What means is there to buy gold? We aren't talking about buying a fuckin chain. for most muh fuckas the only real money they have might be in there pension. Is there a way to buy actual gold and silver through a pension plan...not invest in companies that mine gold and silver but actual gold and silver? I understand that there is a law limiting the amount of these precious metals that you can buy. Mike ruppert was talking about this like 8 yrs ago.

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Cash 4 Gold is 2 Legit: MC Hammer Becomes Equity Partner

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...er-in-the-gold-buying-service-Cash4Gold..html

Eighties pop star MC Hammer has become an equity partner in Cash4Gold the gold buying service.

The rapper (real name Stanley Kirk Burrell) who was famous for wearing baggy pants and had a monster hit with "You can't touch this" has already fronted adverts for the company which launched in the UK earlier in the year.

Cash4Goldhas been successful in the US, where 800,000 people have used the service since it was launched two years ago. It now employs 300 people and receives more than 1,700 oz of gold per day, with 94pc of respondents accepting its cash offer.

But the company is not for everyone. Earlier in the year it told the Telegraph: "If you have a beautifully designed piece of jewellery, you might be better off selling it to a jeweller or pawnbroker who is willing to shine it up, because we are only going to melt it down.

"But if you have something that is broken or looks a bit 1970s, then we offer a deal that's quick and convenient."

Cruise

Star
Registered
What means is there to buy gold? We aren't talking about buying a fuckin chain. for most muh fuckas the only real money they have might be in there pension. Is there a way to buy actual gold and silver through a pension plan...not invest in companies that mine gold and silver but actual gold and silver? I understand that there is a law limiting the amount of these precious metals that you can buy. Mike ruppert was talking about this like 8 yrs ago.

I would stay away from gold if you are on a budget.

Instead, focus on silver. You can find it all over the place, it has more upside than gold, it's cheaper, easier to sell & trade, and comes in more varieties.

Buy 90% silver coins from 1964. Only buy these coins because older coins have real problems with wear. People will charge you top price for pre-1964 coins despite there being less silver in the coin. So, 1964 only!

Otherwise, buy .999 silver rounds, 10 oz. silver bars, and junk silver from 1965-1969.

In fact, you can get better deals on Mexican silver (and gold if you want). The premiums aren't as high and they are good as gold (or silver).

As mentioned, http://goldismoney.info is a great forum if you really are interested in the gold/silver community.

This is just one way to protect yourself from a declining dollar.

nittie

Star
Registered
Do not buy gold. It's a charade. Seriously how much can the average person buy anyway. What are they going to do, charge it to a credit card? Pawn some stuff? Gold is for the super rich who have people watching their investments. Listening to this crap frustrates working class people who can't afford it. Think back to the 90's when the market was booming and everyone was investing in things they didn't know anything about. That in part is why we're in the economic slump we're in.

Not a big fan of Buffet but he's right about one thing, invest in things you know and use. It's so obivous it's almost funny but its true. If you spend hours everyday on the internet invest brainpower in it. Find ways to make it pay. Don't follow these trends and experts who didn't see the biggest recession coming since the great depression.

Money is everywhere, it's right under our noses. With the possible exception of water, trees and pussy theres more money in the world than anything else. These gurus get paid by keeping people lost, confused and following them.

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Listening to this crap frustrates working class people who can't afford it.

Buy Silver! affordable, and like gold, its an instrument of value. It will never be worth 0.

How would you protect yourself against a devaluing dollar?

Is there anything in the graph in post 1 that concerns you?

Don't follow these trends and experts who didn't see the biggest recession coming since the great depression.

Research "Peter Schiff Was Right" & tell me what you find.

nittie

Star
Registered
Originally Posted by Lamarr
Research "Peter Schiff Was Right" & tell me what you find.

Lets say everything Schiff says is correct how does it apply to the average person. What are they suppose to do, save and invest while bills are piling up, jobs vanish, standard of living drops. Point is even if he's right it doesn't work for paycheck to paycheck people. It works for people who have money to invest and don't have to worry about where gold is everyday.

My point is look closely and its obvious Schiff makes money by telling people on the outside what to do. He sells opinions and most of those opinions are based on history or looking backwards if thats not the case he should have done something to prevent this slump we're in.

Everyone has opinions. This system works best when the average makes up his own mind and find opportunities, create jobs, make money. Schiff and his ilk have basically hijacked all the avenues for success in this country. They control all the wealth distribution outlets so they can afford to drive up the prices of anything they want. We had better start creating new wealth outlets or most of us will be working for slave wages like the rest of the world already does.

Now would be a great time to perfect that internet economy Clinton sold us on in the 90's.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Buy Silver! affordable, and like gold, its an instrument of value. It will never be worth 0.

better to buy silver/gold or invest in companies that invest in silver/gold?
which one?

where do i start if i wanted to invest in silver?
you gave links for gold.

ths

As mentioned, http://goldismoney.info is a great forum if you really are interested in the gold/silver community.

thxs
forums registration is closed though
got more?

Cruise

Star
Registered
Peter Schiff is the wrong example to use. Look up his father Irwin Schiff to see what kind of father he had.

He is no CNBC seat warmer, talking head, or Fed cheerleader. This guy knows his stuff.

In fact, check out this video by Irwin Schiff (Peter Schiff's father)...

Lets say everything Schiff says is correct how does it apply to the average person. What are they suppose to do, save and invest while bills are piling up, jobs vanish, standard of living drops. Point is even if he's right it doesn't work for paycheck to paycheck people. It works for people who have money to invest and don't have to worry about where gold is everyday.

Now would be a great time to perfect that internet economy Clinton sold us on in the 90's.

You are right. Gold is not the answer for the average Joe. But, it is a REAL warning.

There are a million and one ways to protect your savings. Of course, you need savings or income to survive. So, that is the assumption.

Buy trade goods, develop networks of professionals for barter and exchange. Don't buy useless consumer items. Don't buy paper investments. Don't buy high-maintenance luxury items.

For instance, buy a gross of diapers. You know the price will only increase and people always need diapers.

Buy razor blades, soap, detergent, or soup. All these things will either increase in price or will be unavailable as the dollar devalues.

Buy camcorders, hard liquor, hardware, coats, generators, or first aid kits.

I'm not saying put all your savings in these things. But, you should have a "reserve" of items that you can use if the financial system freezes or collapses (like Argentina, the Soviet Union, or Weimar Germany).

That IRA statement, Social Security #, pension, Medicare/Medicaid isn't going to do you much good if the economy develops a black market.

And, that is really why you are preparing. If an underground economy develops because the dollar has collapsed, what will you have to offer?

got more?

I like http://www.coinflation.com

It is not a forum but they have a lot of useful information on gold and silver.

nittie

Star
Registered
Originally Posted by Cruise

ou are right. Gold is not the answer for the average Joe. But, it is a REAL warning.

There are a million and one ways to protect your savings. Of course, you need savings or income to survive. So, that is the assumption.

Buy trade goods, develop networks of professionals for barter and exchange. Don't buy useless consumer items. Don't buy paper investments. Don't buy high-maintenance luxury items.

For instance, buy a gross of diapers. You know the price will only increase and people always need diapers.

Buy razor blades, soap, detergent, or soup. All these things will either increase in price or will be unavailable as the dollar devalues.

Buy camcorders, hard liquor, hardware, coats, generators, or first aid kits.

I'm not saying put all your savings in these things. But, you should have a "reserve" of items that you can use if the financial system freezes or collapses (like Argentina, the Soviet Union, or Weimar Germany).

That IRA statement, Social Security #, pension, Medicare/Medicaid isn't going to do you much good if the economy develops a black market.

And, that is really why you are preparing. If an underground economy develops because the dollar has collapsed, what will you have to offer?

I live in a small southern city, basic redneck southern baptist town. This city doesn't have a cigar shop, no porn, and they don't sell liquor on Sunday. It's like taking candy from a baby.

I buy cigars and porn online put some younguns in pocket and have homies paying double what it cost me. I don't do that on the regular but I just wanted to see how it would go over and those items soldout in a few days. All I have to do is get the right person elected to the city council, this city is majority Black, change some laws because the city is broke, probably bankrupt and I could make a killing just buying online and reselling locally.

There needs to be something like this online but I don't have the people here to start it. I'm stuck but with the right organization it would be pretty easy to get money redirected.

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Peter Schiff is the wrong example to use. Look up his father Irwin Schiff to see what kind of father he had.

In fact, check out this video by Irwin Schiff (Peter Schiff's father)...

Wow man, it was people like G. Edward Griffin & Irwin Schiff that opened my eyes to the Fed, fiat currencies, etc. You one of the few cats on the board thats spreadin some knowledge cause they don't teach you this stuff in the universities.

lerri

Star
Registered
this is a site you can go to and it has a number. if you acquiring to get gold,silver and other precious metals as a means of exchange for trade.http://www.monex.com

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
source: Reuters

US gold drops on pre-weekend profit taking

NEW YORK, March 12 (Reuters) - New York gold futures
dropped in mixed trade on Friday as pre-weekend
position-squaring more than offset a weaker dollar and a report
showing an unexpected increase in U.S. retail sales in
February.

* For the latest detailed report, click on [GOL/].
GOLD
* COMEX April GCJ0 down 20 cents at $1,108 an ounce at
10:18 a.m. EST (1518 GMT).
* Range between $1,106.70 and $1,119.50.
* Lower risk appetite triggered broad-based weakness in
equities, prompting gold and commodities to cut initial gains -
traders.
* Gold rose earlier in the session as the dollar weakened
against the euro.
* Dollar weighed down by reports that a policy dove was a
leading candidate for vice chair of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
[USD/]
* Initial gains boosted by a positive U.S. retail sales
report, bolstering hopes of sustainable economy recovery.
* April contract holding above $1,100, indicating
underlying support - traders.
* COMEX gold 10 a.m. volume at 85,570 lots.
* Spot gold XAU= at $1,106.65 an ounce, versus the
$1,109.30 late in New York in the previous session.
* London gold afternoon fix XAUFIX= at $1,106.25.
SILVER
* May SIK0 up 3 cents at $17.190 an ounce on a better
outlook for industrial metals.
* Range spans $17.110 to $17.350.
* COMEX silver 10 a.m. volume at 14,048 lots.
* Spot silver XAG= at $17.12, against $17.16 an ounce in
the previous session late quote in New York.
* London silver XAGFIX= fixed at $17.31 an ounce.
PLATINUM
* April PLJ0 up $5.70 at $1,618.40 an ounce on improved
investment demand.
* Spot platinum XPT= at $1,612.50 an ounce.
PALLADIUM
* June palladium PAM0 up $4 at $465 an ounce, tracking
platinum.
* Spot palladium XPD= at $462 an ounce.
Prices at 10:16 a.m. EST (1516 GMT)
Last Change Pct 2009 YTD
Chg Close % Chg
US gold GCJ0 1108.30 0.10 0.0 1096.20 1.1
US silver SIK0 17.185 0.025 0.2 16.845 2.0
US platinum PLJ0 1619.70 7.00 0.4 1471 10.1
US palladium PAM0 464.55 3.55 0.8 408.85 13.6
Gold XAU= 1107.60 -1.70 -0.2 1096.35 1.0
Silver XAG= 17.14 -0.02 -0.1 16.84 1.8
Platinum XPT= 1613.00 3.50 0.2 1465.50 10.1
Palladium XPD= 461.50 3.50 0.8 405.50 13.8
Gold Fix XAUFIX= 1106.25 -12.50 -1.1 1104 0.2
Silver Fix XAGFIX= 17.31 40.00 2.4 16.99 1.9
Platinum Fix XPTFIX= 1619.00 0.00 0.0 1466 10.4
Palladium Fix XPDFIX= 464.00 2.00 0.4 402 15.4
(Reporting by Frank Tang; editing by Julie Ingwersen)

nittie

Star
Registered
Originally Posted by nittie

The accuracy of the observations is just amazing.