End of Kwame Kilpatrick?

orange roughy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We in Detroit have had our dirty laundry exposed in the form of our mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick. Yesterday his Mother, a US Congressman appears to have dodged the bullet and made it back to the general election.

Many around me have the working theory that Kwame was waiting to see how his mother would fare before resigning. Looks like a shoo in for her now, so does he do himself now?

Also, the role that Gov. Jennifer Granholm has. Is she under orders from the Obama Campaign to get rid of this distraction in the state of Michigan or does she do the right thing politically in order to get in good graces with Obama?

Should be an interesting 2 months....

OR

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Breaking News

<font size="5"><center>Judge sends Detroit mayor to jail</font size></center>

USA TODAY
August 7, 2008

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was sent to jail this morning after a judge determined that he had violated the terms of his release, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Kilpatrick, a Democrat, is facing a range of charges, including perjury. The paper, a fellow Gannett publication, says the mayor traveled to Canada without notifying the court, as required under the terms of his bond.

Update at 10:46 a.m. ET: "The first day you were before me, I thought I made it clear to you that this court comes first in everything," Judge Ronald Giles says, according to the paper. "I do understand that you're under...pressure...but I have to look at how the system should be run and perceived by the public."

Kilpatrick will stay in jail unless another judge overturns the order or the mayor comes up with $75,000, the paper says.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/08/judge-sends-det.html

m10_v

Star
Registered
I would just resign if I were him and be done with it. I mean it's obvious folks have been gunning for him and he keeps giving them ammunition.

He must know that he can't redeam himself at this point unless he proves ever single charge against him was fabricated and we all know they weren't.

I was just messing with one of my boys from the D about him being put in jail. He's a big dude so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Ruff Ryder

Robotix
Registered
hizzoner's mug shot.

kilpatrick-book.jpg

Jam_Jam

Star
Registered
The longer he stays relevant (in the limelight), the more embarassment he brings upon his wife, children, and community. He needs to forget about his pride and resign so that Detroit can get about the business of healing itself (if that's even possible).

Ruff Ryder

Robotix
Registered
Pressure grows on Mayor Kilpatrick to step aside; AG may file new charges today

DETROIT -- Jailed and facing an uncertain future, Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is under mounting pressure from City Hall to Lansing to step aside and end seven months of scandal and commotion.

After months of relative silence, prominent Democrats such as Speaker of the House Andy Dillon and Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano are calling on Kilpatrick to resign or take a leave of absence.

Hours after Kilpatrick was jailed, Gov. Jennifer Granholm said she's made up her mind and will host hearings Sept. 3 on whether to remove him from office.

At 9 a.m. today, Kilpatrick will ask Wayne County Circuit Judge Thomas Edward Jackson to set him free. An hour later, Attorney General Mike Cox is expected to announce criminal charges against Kilpatrick for a scuffle he had with a deputy trying to serve a subpoena at the mayor's sister house.

That could mean more jail time. And even Kilpatrick's friends say his time may be up.

"He's out of moves; it's checkmate," said Adolph Mongo, the Detroit political rainmaker and architect of Kilpatrick's 11th hour re-election in 2005. "His enemies have him surrounded."

Also today, the City Council is expected to set rules for an in-house removal effort against Kilpatrick set to start Aug. 18.

A onetime ally, Councilwoman Alberta Tinsley-Talabi, said the jailing was the last straw. She now supports ousting Kilpatrick.

"It's a snowballing effect," she said. "The city needs to be moving forward, and it's not doing that."

Even Kilpatrick's most vocal supporter on the council, President Pro Tem Monica Conyers, reiterated her call the mayor take a leave of absence.

"Just to clear his head," Conyers said. "I think he needs to take a leave of absence and assess things."

Though Kilpatrick is represented by a slew of high-priced lawyers and has hired a high-powered public relations firm from the East Coast to craft his message, it was Kilpatrick who skippered his own ship into the rocks, say both his critics and supporters.

In court Thursday, Kilpatrick apologized to Judge Ronald Giles of the 36th District Court for leaving the state without permission. He explained he's been under strain caused in part by having reporters camped outside his house and helicopters buzzing over his bedroom.

"I've been living under an incredible state of pressure," Kilpatrick said. Kilpatrick has been politically and criminally under siege for months since the publication of text messages in January that indicated he lied on the stand last year when he denied a sexual affair with his former chief of staff, Christine Beatty. A friend since high school, she quit in January. Both were charged with numerous felonies in March.

Since then, the scandal has moved to several legal and political fronts. Initially, Kilpatrick was free to travel anywhere while awaiting trial. Giles has since tightened the restrictions, requiring 48 hours notice for out-of-state travel. Violating those conditions sent Kilpatrick to jail.

In the past few weeks, Granholm also has ratcheted up pressure on Kilpatrick with a series of decisions that suggested she would host hearings to remove Kilpatrick. On July 1, she indicated she wouldn't decide whether to host hearings until after Labor Day. On July 28, she accelerated the process and said hearings might be two days after the holiday.

Last week, Granholm refused Kilpatrick's request to delay the process. Her statement Thursday confirming the Sept. 3 hearing didn't elaborate, but Bill Ballenger, editor of "Inside Michigan Politics," said her strategy is clear.

"She is pushing the envelope. She is definitely trying to get him to crack and go out on his own," Ballenger said. "I think everyone would have liked him to have been gone at this point."

Since February, Kilpatrick has dropped the "N" word during the State of the City address, lost upwards of 40 pounds, sung in court halls and increasingly referred to himself in the third person. In June, he told reporters, "When you really think about it, from 1776 to 2008, men, women of all ages, colors and creeds died in this country for Kwame Kilpatrick and you to have the right to a fair trial."

"He trusts no one," Mongo said.

Last month, Kilpatrick said Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy's case against him "was going to hell quickly" and that she was playing to white racism in the region. Worthy is black.

Two days later, Giles restricted Kilpatrick's travel and revoked his bond after Kilpatrick got into a scuffle on his sister's porch with a sheriff's officer who was trying to serve a subpoena there. Two deputies were serving a subpoena on a witness about a half-mile away and happened to stumble on a truck owned by mayoral friend Bobby Ferguson, who was wanted as a witness.

Despite the travel restrictions, Kilpatrick took a business trip to Canada without Giles' permission and was given his own private cell at the Wayne County Jail in return.

"How do you spell humiliation," said Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson. "The mayor for the good of Detroit and the region should step aside."

Ficano, who made a public appearance with the mayor a few weeks ago, said that if the mayor refuses to resign he should "take a leave of absence until his legal issues are resolved."

"As an attorney, I respect the legal process but the mayor's legal issues have become more than a distraction," Ficano said. "This is paralyzing the city and the region.

Dillon, who for months has echoed fellow Democrats and has been reluctant to criticize Kilpatrick, said the mayor's "legal issues have escalated to a point where it is impacting not only the City of Detroit but also the state."

"Mayor Kilpatrick needs to step down so the city, the region and the state can begin to move forward," Dillon said in a statement. "If the mayor is exonerated in court, I am confident he will be rewarded by the public for putting the people first during these challenging times."

The latest imbroglio has caused even the mayor's closest associates to wonder.

The Rev. Horace Sheffield III, a leader on a fund to raise money for the mayor, said he hopes the mayor will offer up some sort of deal to put an end to the situation.

"I love the mayor like my own son," Sheffield said. "But even my son at some point would have to learn to abide by the restraints he placed upon himself.

"While the mayor should be working himself out of this, he's giving others further reasons to bury him," Sheffield said. "My prayers are with him. I would hope that at some point that he would recognize how serious this is."

And so Kilpatrick spent the evening in jail, alone with his thoughts, Mongo said.

"He's got time tonight to reflect," Mongo said. "But I can't advise him at this point except to say that no job in the world is worth all this. He's going to lose his family, he's going to lose his law license, he's going to lose everything. I tried to tell him, but he isn't listening to anybody."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080808/METRO/808080376

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor
Another idiot politician who lost his entire world to the lure of pussy. I won't be losing much sleep. Not the first, and won't be the last. He didn't seem to give a shit about the people who supported his rise to power by doing this, why are we now sounding like he drew the short straw?

-VG

dredhed0

Potential Star
Registered
he didn't learn anything from clinton.

1. u can't lie while u're under oath.

2. u also can't use your position to help u get coochie.

3. everyone knows that text messages can be retrieved at a later time.

i won't lose any sleep either over this one.

Cruise

Star
Registered
Figures.

You guys can't wait to undermine an African-American leader from what you read in the white supremacist press.

You did it with Robert Mugabe.
You did it with Jesse Jackson.
Now, here is Kwame Kilpatrick.

The issue is not as simple as a woman or women.

Kwame is actually a good Mayor, by Detroit standards. He just has a self-destructive side you wish could be separated from his city administrator side.

A lot of good has happened in Detroit but he just loves the attention too much and let's the power go to his head.

Once he gets through this, in 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if he became Mayor again. As it stands, if he resigns, the people wanting to take his place scare the HELL out of me (bunch of political hacks and opportunists).

Brown Pride

Star
Registered
Figures.

You guys can't wait to undermine an African-American leader from what you read in the white supremacist press.

You did it with Robert Mugabe.
You did it with Jesse Jackson.
Now, here is Kwame Kilpatrick.

The issue is not as simple as a woman or women.

Kwame is actually a good Mayor, by Detroit standards. He just has a self-destructive side you wish could be separated from his city administrator side.

A lot of good has happened in Detroit but he just loves the attention too much and let's the power go to his head.

Once he gets through this, in 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if he became Mayor again. As it stands, if he resigns, the people wanting to take his place scare the HELL out of me (bunch of political hacks and opportunists).

Kwame is a bag of shit,don't play the race card like his dumb ass please.He fired two cops for doing their jobs,cost the city 9 million dollars to cover up his lies,assualted a cop,called a Black woman a cracker lover for doin her job.Crossed the border illeagally and prolly killed a stripper while he was in Windsor as well as the ome he killed here.:smh::yes::lol:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="5"><center>
Michigan Attorney General:
Detroit mayor violated bail terms again </font size></center>

capt.8b8c749327ed43f597661428d91b6c7c.detroit_mayor_charges_nybm105.jpg

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick sits in court during an emergency
bond appeal hearing in front of Judge Thomas Jackson at the
Wayne County Third Circuit Court, Friday, August 8, 2008 in
Detroit. Judge Jackson ruled that Kilpatrick could go free after
spending Thursday night in jail but must post a $50,000 cash
bond. After the judge ruled he violated terms of his release on
bond, he is barred from any travel outside the state, and must
wear an electronic tether. (AP Photo/Bryan Mitchell)

Associated Press
By ED WHITE
August 11, 2008

DETROIT - Michigan's attorney general says Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick violated the terms of his bail in an assault case a day after his release from jail over a bail violation in another case.

Attorney General Mike Cox's office filed a court motion Monday saying Kilpatrick violated a provision prohibiting him from having contact with his sister because she is listed as a witness in the assault case.

Kilpatrick attorney James Thomas says the magistrate clarified that order to allow the mayor to see his sister.

The assault charge filed Friday accuses Kilpatrick of shoving a detective. His lawyers deny the claim.

Kilpatrick spent Thursday night in jail after being accused of violating bail in a perjury case involving him and a former aide.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080811/ap_on_re_us/detroit_mayor

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor
Awww VG, have a heart. Why can't he have his pussy, and eat it too :confused: :lol:

That's the problem, he gotta keep his shit on the low. These guys are all out in public doing dirt. We got a Governor here in Nevada who is married and got some chickenhead on the side.

The worse thing about him is, he's been sending her hundreds of text messages on a state financed cell phone during the hours he should be in session and shit. LOL.

Now this is a white, republican dude but it goes to show stupidity is not a respecter of party or race when it comes to pussy.

-VG

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<object width="480" height="445"><param name="movie" value="http://www.onesite.com/resources/flash/tofPlayer.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashvars" value="autoPlay=0&useRating=0&paddedWidth=480&paddedHeight=445&videoWidth=480&videoHeight=360&videoURL=http://videos.onesite.com/189014/x3rozxvuaxquy2hhbm5lbdk1ns5jb21fotc1mzgxx3drcwlfbw9qb19rd2ftzxrha2vhym93xza4mdgxml8xljvtynbzlndtdl8xxzeymtg1ndu1odeundc4.flv&thumbURL=http://videos.onesite.com/189014/clips/x3rozxvuaxquy2hhbm5lbdk1ns5jb21fotc1mzgxx3drcwlfbw9qb19rd2ftzxrha2vhym93xza4mdgxml8xljvtynbzlndtdl8xxzeymtg1ndu1odeundc41.jpg&videoID=466171&loginURL=http://theunit.channel955.com&signupURL=http://theunit.channel955.com/signup"><embed src="http://www.onesite.com/resources/flash/tofPlayer.swf" width="480" height="445" flashvars="autoPlay=0&useRating=0&paddedWidth=480&paddedHeight=445&videoWidth=480&videoHeight=360&videoURL=http://videos.onesite.com/189014/x3rozxvuaxquy2hhbm5lbdk1ns5jb21fotc1mzgxx3drcwlfbw9qb19rd2ftzxrha2vhym93xza4mdgxml8xljvtynbzlndtdl8xxzeymtg1ndu1odeundc4.flv&thumbURL=http://videos.onesite.com/189014/clips/x3rozxvuaxquy2hhbm5lbdk1ns5jb21fotc1mzgxx3drcwlfbw9qb19rd2ftzxrha2vhym93xza4mdgxml8xljvtynbzlndtdl8xxzeymtg1ndu1odeundc41.jpg&videoID=466171&loginURL=http://theunit.channel955.com&signupURL=http://theunit.channel955.com/signup" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>

<IFRAME SRC="http://mojo.channel955.com/pages/kwame_kilpatrick.html" WIDTH=780 HEIGHT=1500>
<A HREF="http://mojo.channel955.com/pages/kwame_kilpatrick.html">link</A>

</IFRAME>

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="5"><center>
Plea deal near in Detroit mayor perjury case</font size></center>

Associated Press
By ED WHITE and COREY WILLIAMS
September 3, 2008

DETROIT (AP) — Prosecutors accusing Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick of lying on the witness stand to cover up an extramarital affair said Wednesday that a plea deal is expected soon, a surprise development that appeared likely to cost him his job.

The office of Wayne County prosecutor Kym Worthy said Wednesday that an agreement is expected, first saying it would come that afternoon and later saying it would be Thursday morning.

The Detroit city charter automatically expels any mayor guilty of a felony. Kilpatrick is charged with eight felonies in the perjury case and would have to get them all reduced to misdemeanors — or beat the charges in court — to keep his job.

A member of the mayor's legal team cautioned that talks continued.

"The plea deal has not been consummated. ... They're still working out the finer points," lawyer James Thomas said after spending the day defending Kilpatrick at a separate hearing led by Gov. Jennifer Granholm.

"I know jail time has been an issue," Thomas said. "I don't know if it has been agreed to."

The City Council has asked Granholm to use her constitutional authority to expel Kilpatrick for misconduct, saying it was misled when it approved an $8.4 million settlement last year with fired police officers.

Council members say they didn't know the deal carried secret provisions to keep a lid on steamy text messages between Kilpatrick and Christine Beatty, who was his chief of staff, on city-issued pagers.

Kilpatrick spokesman Chris Garrett told The Associated Press that a statement from the mayor's office was not expected Wednesday night and that negotiations with prosecutors continue.

A deal to resign would make Granholm's role moot. But the governor's office said it still planned to push ahead with the removal hearing.

The settlement between the city and the mayor in the case of the fired police officers was the product of an "incredible pattern of deception and nondisclosure," council lawyer William Goodman said at the hearing Wednesday.

"The mayor has often expressed his love for the city of Detroit. ... But to paraphrase Oscar Wilde, men often kill the thing they love," he said. "Be assured this city has not been killed yet, but it is gravely wounded, and the mayor must be removed."

In her opening statement, the mayor's attorney, Sharon McPhail, covered much ground, some of it unrelated to the case at hand.

She predicted unnamed council members who want Kilpatrick kicked out are awaiting indictment on "far worse charges." McPhail urged the governor, like Kilpatrick a Democrat, to resist calls to fire the mayor.

"It's too stupid to be plausible" that Kilpatrick came up with a secret pact to cover up embarrassing text messages, McPhail said.

Michigan governors are allowed by the state constitution to remove elected officials for misconduct, but the target never has been the leader of the state's largest city. The last time was in 1982, when Gov. William Milliken let a township official stay in office if he stopped drinking.

Granholm has pared the case to two issues: Did Kilpatrick settle the lawsuits for personal gain because he feared release of the text messages? And did the mayor conceal information from the City Council?

Michael Stefani, an attorney for three former police officers, said Wednesday that he quickly settled lawsuits against the city after he told opposing attorneys that he planned to file text messages in court showing an affair between the mayor and an aide.

Two officers had already won their whistle-blower trial the previous year, but the financial remedy ordered by a jury could have been appealed. Legal fees were unsettled, too.

Two officers had already won their whistle-blower trial the previous month, but the financial remedy ordered by a jury could have been appealed. Legal fees were unsettled, too.

Kilpatrick's lawyer, Sam McCargo, "looked shaken up" when he saw the messages and said he could call the mayor to pursue a "global resolution" with the officers, according to Stefani.

After the Detroit Free Press published the text messages this year, Kilpatrick and Beatty were charged in Wayne County Circuit Court with perjury, conspiracy, misconduct and obstruction of justice.

A sheriff's detective later said Kilpatrick shoved him into another investigator as they were trying to serve a subpoena to the mayor's friend in the perjury case. That resulted in two assault charges against the mayor.

If Kilpatrick is forced from office, City Council President Ken Cockrel Jr. would succeed him until a special election is held.

Associated Press writer Ben Leubsdorf contributed to this report.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gMmCL2ZE66E0ZnDDmXkjF5E4b9NgD92VKU300

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="5"><center>Ex-Detroit Mayor Heads to Jail</font size></center>

ALeqM5g7GPpNZrQruILX25Js07sfOP8OzA

The jail cell where former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
will be incarcerated at the Wayne County Andrew C.
Baird Detention Facility is shown in Detroit, Monday, Oct.
27, 2008. Kilpatrick begins a 120-day sentence on
Tuesday for obstruction of justice for false testimony in
a civil trial involving former police officers. (AP Photo/Paul
Sancya)

Washington Post
By Derek Kravitz
October 28, 2008

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, convicted of lying under oath to hide an affair with his chief of staff, is set to begin a four-month stint in county jail today, a fall from grace for a man once considered one of the Democratic Party's rising stars.

Kilpatrick pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice Sept. 4 as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors. As part of that agreement, Kilpatrick also resigned, agreed to pay $1 million in restitution, serve five years' probation and agree not to run for office in that five-year span.

(Assuming Kilpatrick is sentenced before dinnertime, his first jailhouse meal would include beef pot pie, gravy and a dinner roll, The Detroit Free Press reports. His fellow inmates also offered words of advice for the former mayor, noting that inmates are already drawing pictures of Kilpatrick "with a sad face" and telling him to be "careful" since the facility's "toilets haven't been cleaned since God knows when.")

Kilpatrick was charged in March with conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury and misconduct in office after the Free Press obtained text messages (copies of the messages) sent between the mayor and his then-chief of staff Christine Beatty.

Since his legal troubles started, Kilpatrick has cost the city of Detroit at least $13 million in attorney charges, lawsuit settlements, new elections and lost events because of his "travails," according to figures calculated by the Free Press.

And Kilpatrick's legacy might best be defined some of his extravagances that sullied his time in office, according to Time magazine's brief retrospective of the ex-mayor.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wa..._mayor_heads_to_jail.html?hpid=news-col-blogs

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="4">Kwame is done!</font size>

bilde

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

<font size="4">Not quite . . .
</font size>

bilde

<font size="4">Jail possible as ex-Detroit Mayor
Kwame Kilpatrick fails to pay up
</font size>

A probation-violation warrant could be issued for ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick as soon as today after Friday's deadline passed without him making the full payment of $79,011 toward his $1-million restitution.

Instead, he sent $14,048 -- and he paid it with money orders.
A request would come from the Michigan Department of Corrections. Wayne County Circuit Court Judge David Groner, who ordered Kilpatrick to make the payment by Friday, could then issue a warrant calling him back to Detroit for a hearing.

Groner warned Kilpatrick earlier that he faced possible jailing if he didn't make the payment.

http://www.freep.com/article/201002...2/Jail-possible-as-Kilpatrick-fails-to-pay-up

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<IFRAME SRC="http://www.detnews.com/article/20100221/METRO/2210320/1361/Federal-case-builds-against-Kilpatrick--father" WIDTH=780 HEIGHT=1500>
<A HREF="http://www.detnews.com/article/20100221/METRO/2210320/1361/Federal-case-builds-against-Kilpatrick--father">link</A>

</IFRAME>

bilde

Ruff Ryder

Robotix
Registered
The whole Kilpatrick klan is full of shit, Kwame was elected purely off the name recognition of his moms, a lot of Detroit voters vote that way, and voter turnout in Detroit is usually less than 25%.

But when you don't vote you have to settle for whatever you get.

Cruise

Star
Registered
It's funny how so-called black people allow themselves to be lead around by whites into attacking their own community, people, and institutions.

It's funnier when they use known white supremacist organizations like the newspapers and TV to do it.

Using the Detroit News or Detroit Free Press as legitimate sources of information about Detroit is the same as going to the KKK or Aryan Nation to get information about Detroit.

Did Kwame do something to you guys mothers or family to cause so much dislike of him? He's a dummy, sure, but this preoccupation is pure white supremacy at work.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
Two words: Marion Barry.:hmm:

Kwame is goin' to be alright whether you like him or not. Once you get blessed by the political machine you are always in the race. Besides, fall guy/ puppets make a good living...

Don't worry bout' Kwame politically; he has demons watching over him.:hmm:

*two cents*

Ruff Ryder

Robotix
Registered
It's funny how so-called black people allow themselves to be lead around by whites into attacking their own community, people, and institutions.

Detroit is 85% black, white folks had nothing to do with Kwame fucking up, the bottom line is if Kwame had not fucked up he would still be in office.

Coleman Young was Mayor for 20 years and suburban whites hated him with a passion but they could not touch him.

Cruise

Star
Registered
Detroit is 85% black, white folks had nothing to do with Kwame fucking up, the bottom line is if Kwame had not fucked up he would still be in office.

Coleman Young was Mayor for 20 years and suburban whites hated him with a passion but they could not touch him.

I understand that. Kwame is a fool. That is not the point.

Rather, these fu**ing honkeys just love bringing him up every chance they get in the newspapers, on TV, on the web, as if they enjoy humiliating a prominent black man as a proxy for the black community.

Where the hell were these asshole whiteboys when GM was crashing? Or Chrysler? Where were they when these banks and finance companies were ripping off Detroit homeowners with home improvement loans and sub-prime financing?

The Detroit News, Free Press, the TV stations said not a DAMN thing to expose any of that crap because it was honkeys involved.

As soon as one black guy is caught doing something wrong, the honkeys act like it's the greatest injustice to mankind and will never let it die.

Kwame is gone. There is a new mayor. But, there is still sky-high unemployment, abuse by the banks, incompetent management at GM and Chrysler, exploitation by the rent-to-own/check cashing/finance companies, and economic boycott by the pension funds and institutional investors in the region.

Yet, magically those problems don't count to the newspapers and TV because it's whites benefitting at the expense of blacks, the way they want it. Don't let a black man get power and control, these honkeys just can't stand it.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I understand that. Kwame is a fool. That is not the point.

Rather, these fu**ing honkeys just love bringing him up every chance they get in the newspapers, on TV, on the web, as if they enjoy humiliating a prominent black man as a proxy for the black community.

Where the hell were these asshole whiteboys when GM was crashing? Or Chrysler? Where were they when these banks and finance companies were ripping off Detroit homeowners with home improvement loans and sub-prime financing?

The Detroit News, Free Press, the TV stations said not a DAMN thing to expose any of that crap because it was honkeys involved.

As soon as one black guy is caught doing something wrong, the honkeys act like it's the greatest injustice to mankind and will never let it die.

Kwame is gone. There is a new mayor. But, there is still sky-high unemployment, abuse by the banks, incompetent management at GM and Chrysler, exploitation by the rent-to-own/check cashing/finance companies, and economic boycott by the pension funds and institutional investors in the region.

Yet, magically those problems don't count to the newspapers and TV because it's whites benefitting at the expense of blacks, the way they want it. Don't let a black man get power and control, these honkeys just can't stand it.

Dude, first of all, I'm Black and not white. This rhetoric is the nonsense that gives racist individuals cause to shit on us! Understanding to a point your frustration, the rant is idiotic!!! Why is it that we can't have a black leader (Kilpatrick in this case), get in office, do things by the book, and not fuck up to give opportunity for all of the issues in your rant!!!! We cannot continue to hide our fucked up behavior or try to lessen by diverting the attention on the 'other' man!!! We are in a time where Blacks are more prominent in politics, sports, etc. and we still find pause to bring up racism at every turn!!! Dude get over it...WE WILL NEVER BE FREE OF RACISM!!! It is a part of society, life, the world!!!! Kilpatrick fucked up, end of story!!! Do you realize that bitching about racism gives other races that much more authority over us, plus gives them what they want in the way of knowing they can still fuck with us!!! I swear, when we open our mouths sometimes our brains fall out!!! :smh:

Cruise

Star
Registered
Dude, first of all, I'm Black and not white. This rhetoric is the nonsense that gives racist individuals cause to shit on us! Understanding to a point your frustration, the rant is idiotic!!! Why is it that we can't have a black leader (Kilpatrick in this case), get in office, do things by the book, and not fuck up to give opportunity for all of the issues in your rant!!!! We cannot continue to hide our fucked up behavior or try to lessen by diverting the attention on the 'other' man!!! We are in a time where Blacks are more prominent in politics, sports, etc. and we still find pause to bring up racism at every turn!!! Dude get over it...WE WILL NEVER BE FREE OF RACISM!!! It is a part of society, life, the world!!!! Kilpatrick fucked up, end of story!!! Do you realize that bitching about racism gives other races that much more authority over us, plus gives them what they want in the way of knowing they can still fuck with us!!! I swear, when we open our mouths sometimes our brains fall out!!! :smh:

For someone who claims they aren't black, you sure have the white talking points down pat.

You sound like one of those types that thinks just being quiet and a good "black" is somehow going to make things better.

You only have the rights you are willing to defend, but it sounds like you believe fighting racism isn't worth talking about.

Well, you can live in that world, but I am not so defeatist.

This is all honkey-motivated BS. That is all. Kwame is not the mayor. Kwame does not live in Detroit. Kwame is not running for public office.

Why are they still devoting all this attention to him? Can you answer that question, since you like defending whites so much?

Why are they not talking about the fraud occuring at GM and Chrysler? Why are they not talking about the abuses by the rent-a-center, home improvement, check cashing, payday advance scams? Why are they not talking about the out-of-control unemployment?

As the resident white apologist, can you answer for your masters?

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
For someone who claims they aren't black, you sure have the white talking points down pat.

You sound like one of those types that thinks just being quiet and a good "black" is somehow going to make things better.

You only have the rights you are willing to defend, but it sounds like you believe fighting racism isn't worth talking about.

Well, you can live in that world, but I am not so defeatist.

This is all honkey-motivated BS. That is all. Kwame is not the mayor. Kwame does not live in Detroit. Kwame is not running for public office.

Why are they still devoting all this attention to him? Can you answer that question, since you like defending whites so much?

Why are they not talking about the fraud occuring at GM and Chrysler? Why are they not talking about the abuses by the rent-a-center, home improvement, check cashing, payday advance scams? Why are they not talking about the out-of-control unemployment?

As the resident white apologist, can you answer for your masters?

Call it what you want Dude, but I am mature enough and accomplished enough and have enough self-esteem and integrity to not allow myself to be pulled into your pitiful attempt at self righteousness. Why spend a life time being pissed and angry about shit you cannot change?!?!? My way of dealing with it, is to do what I have needed to do to advance myself in the face of those who wish to hold me down!! That's why when confronted with this bullshit by whites, as opposed to chiming in with pointless rants like you do, I calmly point out how a lot of minorities are the stronger races in terms of resolve and fortitude. Example, we were brought over here as slaves, now we have a Black President, we weren't initially allowed to play in the NBA, but now we have the majority of the league as minority millionaires, we are making strides in areas which were unheard of even 40 years ago!!! In the meantime, Idiots like you want to try to deflect the fact that Kilpatrick was an asshole who fucked up and got caught!!!! And you mention the GM and Chrysler fraud, etc. Tell me...how the hell did you know about it if the media didn't report on it?? Like I said, you are an idiot!!! GM and Chrysler have nothing to do with the bullshit Kilpatrick did, and instead of trying to make this an issue of race you should be more pissed that a Black man fucked up a wonderful opportunity and also gave the Caucasians a point of reference when detailing their racist view about the ineptitude of Black People. I am concerned about my success in life, which no matter what you believe, I have had to deal with racism as well, but...I have not allowed it to impede me from becoming successful in damn near everything I've set out to accomplish!!!! Grow the Fuck Up!!!!! Also, your dumbass is a defeatist!!! Instead of taking control of your mind you still let this dumb assed mentality allow them to dictate your responses and reactions!!! We as a people need to start looking at what we've accomplished instead of what has been taken away from us!!! And another thing...the white man isn't responsible for every Welfare Mom, or Every Man in Jail, or every Aids case, or every crack addict, or every homeless person...we need to take some damn accountability for ourselves and our actions some as well....Like I said...IDIOT!!!

Last edited: