Eddy Curry Stays Losing

MonkeyBizness

Man of the People
Registered
Isiah, what the fuck were you thinking signing this dude… :smh:

Finally, somebody wants Eddy Curry.

An arrest warrant was issued for the problem-plagued Knicks bust after he reportedly missed a $200,000 hush money payment linked to his six-month sexual relationship with an underage girl.

The warrant was issued by the Cook County sheriff after Curry missed the last payment in a sealed personal injury suit, authorities said.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported Thursday that the $197,495 was the final payment in a 2007 civil settlement between Curry and a 14-year-old sex partner.

The consensual relationship started and ended in 2001, when Curry was 18 and a first-round pick of the Chicago Bulls, the Sun-Times reported. The lawsuit was filed four years later.

The oft-injured, 6-foot-11 Curry agreed to a $660,000 settlement in 2007, with a gag order on both parties, the paper said.

He was never charged criminally despite the girl's age, although documents filed in the case accused Curry of "criminal sexual abuse and battery," the newspaper reported.

Curry - who is deeply in debt despite an annual $10.5 million salary - skipped a June 14 hearing in Chicago about the missed 2008 payment to the woman, now in her 20s, the Sun-Times said.

Curry was held in contempt and the arrest warrant was issued by Circuit Court Judge Alexander White.

His lawyer, Mark Belongia, said the two sides in the case had worked out a payment plan yesterday. The lawyer added that he hoped to get Curry's still-active warrant dismissed as soon as possible.

"Luckily for us, we were able to reach an agreement in principal," Belongia told the Daily News. "I'm happy to report an amicable resolution. I anticipate this will be a nonissue very shortly."

The Knicks declined to comment on Curry's woes, the latest in a string of health and financial problems afflicting the center widely derided as an overpaid, overweight benchwarmer.

The 27-year-old Illinois native has endured an assortment of off-court woes since arriving in New York, many of them related to his catastrophic finances.

He's already unable to pay back a $750,000 loan because of staggering monthly expenses that include a $40,000 mortgage on his mansion, $17,000 for rent and $30,000 more on "household expenses."

Despite his huge salary, injuries and coach Mike D'Antoni have limited Curry to just four games in the past two seasons. He was brought in during the disastrous reign of fired Knicks President/coach Isiah Thomas.

In January 2009, Curry's driver, David Kuchinsky, sued the injured star for $93,000 and accused him of making naked sexual advances.

A month later, Curry's ex-girlfriend - the mother of his 3-year-old son - was killed along with her 9-month-old daughter. The little boy witnessed the slayings.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...er_fails_to_pay_up_on_civi.html#ixzz0rrsFwMkP

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honestly that is like a Senior fucking a freshman when your in High school, that shit happened a lot when I was in High school.

stickmanX

Rising Star
Registered
Honestly that is like a Senior fucking a freshman when your in High school, that shit happened a lot when I was in High school.

ed is that you? kells? dont be trying to defend this bullshit! son is a grown man there is a no excuse for him to be fucking with a dan 14 yr old not to mention the fact that he is in the nba and has mad bread so he could fuck damn near any adult bitch he wanted to.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ed is that you? kells? dont be trying to defend this bullshit! son is a grown man there is a no excuse for him to be fucking with a dan 14 yr old not to mention the fact that he is in the nba and has mad bread so he could fuck damn near any adult bitch he wanted to.

I'm not defending anything but what I'm saying is that it is not unusual for an 18yr old male to be with an 14yr old female, that shit happens a lot and both you and I know this. If he was a 28yr old man that would be different.

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered

I'm not defending anything but what I'm saying is that it is not unusual for an 18yr old male to be with an 14yr old female, that shit happens a lot and both you and I know this. If he was a 28yr old man that would be different.

Pworld297, don't worry, just like most of the board stickmanX either didn't read the story or comprehend what it said...

The consensual relationship started and ended in 2001, when Curry was 18 and a first-round pick of the Chicago Bulls, the Sun-Times reported. The lawsuit was filed four years later.

The chick probably IS someone he went to school with.

They filed a lawsuit AFTER he started making money!

If he wasn't Eddy Curry, this is just two star-crossed lovers!