surpresses the production of Glucagon.

Glucagon is a hormone responsible for releasing fat from
fat cells into the bloodstream to be used as energy. That
is what you want. You cannot maximize fat burning without
releasing glucagon.

So the real key is to keep your blood sugar low to constantly
produce glucagon. Let's put it together:

Low GI foods = High production of Glucagon = Fat Burning

The next natural question is what foods are low in GI?

Here is just a small list of low GI foods (below 55) that
should be staples of your diet:

Fruits:
-Plums
-Grapefruit
-Cherries
-Peaches
-Apples
-Prunes
-Dried apricots

Vegetables
-Frozen grean peas
-Raw carrots
-Egg plant
-Brocolli
-Cauliflower
-Cabbage
-Mushrooms
-Tomatoes
-Green beans

Others
-Brown rice
-Yams
-Sweet potato
-Quinoa
-Lentils (Red/Green)
-Navy beans
-Butter beans

Snacks
-Hummus
-Peanuts
-Walnuts
-Cashew nuts
-Corn chips
-Nutella

That is just a small list of foods that are low in Glycemic Index.

Remember, control your blood sugar and your body will burn
fat all day long. Don't be surprised when you also have more
energy too, when you start eliminating foods that are high in
Glycemic index.

Talk to you soon,

Arnel RIcafranca

P.S. If you want to see more fat burning foods, check out
this cool video presentation at http://www.EatThisBurnFat.com

auggiedoggy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No bananas?

1284658091.gif

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a close relative who has Type I diabetes. And what you just posted is untrue.

Insulin can not fight glucagon. And glucagon does not burn fat.
Indeed glucagon stimulates the release of the body's secret store of glucose in the liver which is stored as glycogen.

When my relative's sugar is really low as. WE give him glucagon to work this process.

Eating low GI foods are good because it takes longer for insulin to break them down so you don't get fat. But if you eat too many calories even if its of GI foods, ultimately you'll get fat.

For Crissakes Why do people swallow bullshit in this age of Wikipedia and Google!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucagon

Glucagon is a hormone, secreted by the pancreas, that raises blood glucose levels. Its effect is opposite that of insulin, which lowers blood glucose levels.[1] The pancreas releases glucagon when blood glucose levels fall too low. Glucagon causes the liver to convert stored glycogen into glucose, which is released into the bloodstream. Glucagon also stimulates the release of insulin, so that glucose can be taken up and used by insulin-dependent tissues. Thus, glucagon and insulin are part of a feedback system that keeps blood glucose levels at the right level.

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
I have a close relative who has Type I diabetes. And what you just posted is untrue.

Insulin can not fight glucagon. And glucagon does not burn fat.
Indeed glucagon stimulates the release of the body's secret store of glucose in the liver which is stored as glycogen.

When my relative's sugar is really low as. WE give him glucagon to work this process.

Eating low GI foods are good because it takes longer for insulin to break them down so you don't get fat. But if you eat too many calories even if its of GI foods, ultimately you'll get fat.

For Crissakes Why do people swallow bullshit in this age of Wikipedia and Google!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucagon

Glucagon is a hormone, secreted by the pancreas, that raises blood glucose levels. Its effect is opposite that of insulin, which lowers blood glucose levels.[1] The pancreas releases glucagon when blood glucose levels fall too low. Glucagon causes the liver to convert stored glycogen into glucose, which is released into the bloodstream. Glucagon also stimulates the release of insulin, so that glucose can be taken up and used by insulin-dependent tissues. Thus, glucagon and insulin are part of a feedback system that keeps blood glucose levels at the right level.

So how do we beat this fat revolution?

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So how do we beat this fat revolution?

To lose fat is simple but tough for many people.

I've told my personal story on BGOL before but I'll repeat it. Prior to last year, I never cared about my size. Then I decided to get fit and within a year, I get compliments daily on my physique. 6'4", 224 pounds, 15% body fat.

Based on my short exposure to this topic, my advice to lose the fat: DIET & EXERCISE IS THE ONLY WAY TO STAY IN SHAPE

DIET
1) Eat only low glycemic index (GI) foods (list is already here). Basically low GI food = complex carbohydrates. Avoid high glycemic index foods (again these are simple carbs) i.e. sugary stuff like chocolate, and white grains like white rice and white bread. THE OP is right in this regard but the mechanism he described is false, low GI foods do nothing for glucagon,, which anyways does nothing to fat.
2) Eat small portions of carbs. Most people in America eat too much
3) Fill your belly with low calorie bulk like vegetables (I eat a chicken salad and a peanut butter sandwich made of brown bread for lunch)
4) Eat 3 meals and 3 snacks. Basically every 3 hoursSnacks should not be more than 150 cals max -basically its a granola bar or fruit. WHY? Because it stimulates insulin production.

EXERCISE
1) If you just want to avoid fact, you HAVE TO FIND a cardio routine that burns at least 600 cals, that you will stick to doing at least 3x a week. The problem is people want to use equipment like threadmills but then going to the gym is unsustainable for them. In my case I bought a bicycle and I cycle 5 to 10 miles in the morning 3x a week.
2) If you want a good physique, you'll need to also lift weights.

This is the truth. No magic shortcuts. Eat right, eat less and exercise.

Of course when I say "eat only" I mean "eat mostly". I still occasionally enjoy myself. But my diet is dominanated by complex carbs, good fats and protein. Oh yea, and lots of water :)

Last edited: