DMV News - RIP Love Nightclub

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
I saw Badu there in 2004, you take a big chance just parking your shit randomly on the street. Many stories about how peoples shit would get tampered with over there.

yea if u didnt know ur way around it was better to just payup and park.

otherwise it was pretty easy to park in what u thought was a cool spot till u have to u end up walkin thru 2 blocks of ninjas blowin purp, clockin u from the stoop...and u got on then church shoes huh... just hit the atm too huh...:smh:

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Co-sign. I remember when Marc them was running Republic Gardens on U street. That's were the real grown and sexy went. Then Marc left there and opened up Dream and it kinda devolved from grown and sexy, to college crowd, to tourist trap, to "wear-whatever-you-want-just-pay-me-my-$20":smh:

R.I.P

Spent so much of my "20's" up at Republic Garden and the rest of the U street scene. I knew Marc from when he used to promote even smaller spots (like Club Kilamanjaro) during my time at HU.

Marc had serious hustle. I once ran into that cat at Columbia Mall parking lot (a solid half hour out from DC) going around putting flyers on peoples cars. He was already an established club owner at that time, so I was like "What you doing out here with these flyers". He was like these people got not entertainment venues out this way. Some of them gonna take that drive.

Mad cool, never probably knew my name, but always stopped to dap me up in all his various spots.

bunn

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
80068_lounge_of_three_washington_d_c.jpg

Hitek

Support BGOL
Registered
The only thing LOVR can do is close, that New York Ave.entry to DC has been brought up and high priced condos are going up. they needed former mayor out so developers can take over and they have.i if Marc was smart he should redevelop himself.