Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia April 20th

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Breddaz, my gyal called 4 out ah five fights on main card ACCURATE and she know nothing about boxing. She's actually the one that encouraged me to bet $100 on Ryan and we'll eat the money, if we lose. We'll long and behold.
Sometimes people that don't know about a sport can pick out shit just by vibes while the fans are over analyzing...glad it worked out

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Would this even be a good fight :dunno:
Yes IMO, but he aint in the plans now.

I bet Ryan got a major bag coming from the Saudi's for a rematch against Devin. :money: A rematch with Tank from the Amazon/PBC. :money:And now that Boots is with Matchroom. Another major bag is on the why for that fight. Ryan got lucrative options now. Shakur gonna have to wait again.

And Shakur gonna have to move up and try to get a fight with Teo, he's wasting his time with Tank.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
In all the fights he won,this wasn't an issue. Been doing the weight cuts since he started boxing.
I was hoping dude won but he got washed and couldn't handle garcia power. Plain and simple,no excuses.

He got outboxed no doubt, but Garcia’s not making weight did have an advantage. Maybe not major but it played a factor. Haney is a professional with cutting weight, so I’m sure he can rehydrate no problem.

Garcia packing on pounds and then not fully committing to cutting down to make weight like Haney means that Garcia didn’t want to lose those few extra pounds of strength to compete with the usually bigger Haney.

I’m not saying you’re wrong by no means, but I do feel like it gave Garcia a bit of an advantage.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

I think Ryan is simply better than Devin especially at the pro level where Ryan's power counts for more than Devin's pitty pats did at the amateur level...Devin's lack of power will always make a fight with Ryan a difficult prospect

With that being said there were some strategic miscues, defensive lapses and lack of adjustments by Devin that indicate Bill may need to bring in somebody else to help with training...this shouldn't be a problem since they have done this before

The shot he got hit with in the first round after leaving his jab out there was appalling for what we thought Devin was

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I think Ryan is simply better than Devin especially at the pro level where Ryan's power counts for more than Devin's pitty pats did at the amateur level...Devin's lack of power will always make a fight with Ryan a difficult prospect

With that being said there were some strategic miscues, defensive lapses and lack of adjustments by Devin that indicate Bill may need to bring in somebody else to help with training...this shouldn't be a problem since they have done this before

The shot he got hit with in the first round after leaving his jab out there was appalling for what we thought Devin was

Devin's style and lack of power will be am ongoing issue if he remains north of 140 pounds which is likely since making weight at 135 is going to be too difficult.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Devin's style and lack of power will be am ongoing issue if he remains north of 140 pounds which is likely since making weight at 135 is going to be too difficult.
That man looks like he can barely make 140...135 out of the question ...147 he definitely gonna need to make defensive adjustments as his power aint discouraging nobody at that weight

Tank can talk all the shit he wants on twitter but I will always look at him sideways for not fighting Devin when Devin said the only person he would fight at 135 is Tank...this was a straight money move and was after Devin's fight with Loma when Haney was ridiculously weight drained...why avoid a seemingly easy win?

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Devin needs to work with Ben full time from now on. Devin dropped the game plan every time he got hit, and decided to stand in the middle with Ryan way too much. His pride got the best of him. Abandoning working behind the jab and standing toe to toe with Ryan was a failed game plan.

Ryan's pre fight antics worked this fight. The crazy talk, and constantly asking Devin to stand in the middle during interviews was brilliant.

I got Devin winning a rematch though if they fight at 140 again IMO.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

GLvt8I5WIAA8lOf