Cooks of BGOL what's on the menu....

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I'm thinking about this minus the sage....

011_Apple-and-Sage-Turkey_s4x3_lg.jpg

Aida's Apple and Sage Turkey

Ingredients
For the turkey:

* 1 (14 to 15-pound) fresh turkey
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 10 fresh sage leaves
* 1 orange, halved
* 1 head garlic, end trimmed
* 2 medium red onions, peeled and quartered
* 3 medium Pink Lady, apples, cored and halved

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
If your looking to do anything with green beans or corn, dollar general have them on sale for $.40 today.

Libbys-veggies.jpg

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
i'm fryin a turkey, my gal is baking one. sides, she'll handle that. i'd dont ask what they are i just eat.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Man that bird looks so damn dry, I haven't baked a turkey in years, you need to find the thread where we talking about deep frying one, best damn turkey you will ever eat is a deep fried, I CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW when I do one up.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Yea I know bout them birds getting fried. Had some Saturday, just was looking to try something different.

That dryness is the last of my worries.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
We're combining traditional with a West Indian feast. We'll have a 26lb bird, mashed taters & gravy, stuffing, butternut squash soup, and green beans. On the other side: ox tails, Guyanese beef patties (Which I'll be making), pine tarts (pineapple for us Americans!:D), peas and rice, plantains, curried fish, curried shrimp, jerked chicken, and roti.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
we had a ballin' ass spread at work yesterday, best meal so far. one chic made baked mac and cheese with crawfish :dance:

Pootypoot

Rising Star
Registered
Nothing fancy for me this year, just some fried chicken, veges and mashed taters, Coconut wine coolers to wash it all down. The wife is hopefully going over my mothers house so I can chill and watch some football. Dont really feel like being around a lot of people this year.Might float past my cuzzos house and snatch up some sweet potatoe pie later that night.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
looking forward to indulging in the ever dangerous stuffing from inside the turkey... save that other shit for everybody else just give me the stuff from inside the cavity. :yes::yes::yes::yes:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ok im all in, adding this to the list of must cooks

did it look like this
dsc06922_m.jpg

yuck... looks like instant bubble guts, i dont touch that shit i dont care if it is homemade boxed fried baked me and any kind of mac and cheese just ain't cutting it.

i told a coworker that and she asked me am i sure i was black :hmm:

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm soaking a turkey in a BRiNe I prepared yesterday for 12 hours & I will roast it tomorrow w/ a cheese cloth soaked in butter & garlic on top instead of the normal foil tent. Mashed potatoes from scratch, baked mac & cheese, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce, greens(no ham)

Anxious to see how it will taste I haven't eaten any kind of bird in 6 months.

:yes:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I'm soaking a turkey in a BRiNe I prepared yesterday for 12 hours & I will roast it tomorrow w/ a cheese cloth soaked in butter & garlic on top instead of the normal foil tent. Mashed potatoes from scratch, baked mac & cheese, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce, greens(no ham)

Fam a photo of the final product?

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

Oh damn, I forgot about the greens! They'll be in a crock pot with smoked turkey wings for flavor.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Skinnie Talls;10768312[COLOR="Red" said:
]I'm soaking a turkey in a BRiNe I prepared yesterday for 12 hours & I will roast it tomorrow w/ a cheese cloth soaked in butter & garlic[/COLOR] on top instead of the normal foil tent. Mashed potatoes from scratch, baked mac & cheese, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce, greens(no ham)

somebody been watching michael simmon... even though iron chef simon said only people who cant cook brine their birds.

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
somebody been watching michael simmon... even though iron chef simon said only people who cant cook brine their birds.

I personally prefer a fried Turkey but I have heard that BRiNe adds moisture & flavor to an otherwise DRY Turkey that has been baked or roasted.

For me it's all about avoiding the dry Turkey.

Roasting it on top of carrots & celery.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
I personally prefer a fried Turkey but I have heard that BRiNe adds moisture & flavor to an otherwise DRY Turkey that has been baked or roasted.

For me it's all about avoiding the dry Turkey.

Roasting it on top of carrots & celery.

they say the cheese cloth blanket does the same....

jesus i watch too much of he cooking channel :lol::lol::lol:

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
they say the cheese cloth blanket does the same....

jesus i watch too much of he cooking channel :lol::lol::lol:

The thing about brined Turkeys I don't like is the texture. This is why I am importing the cheese cloth soaked in garlic & butter. To get that Golden/Browness all over the top not just in spots.

eatcake

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
bought a Goose gonna stuff it with chopped granny smith apples pears the juice of 1 orange toss in some walnuts garlic and red wine...putting on the smoker...gonna make a red wine reduction with bing cherries

that green bean holiday casserole with fresh green beans and the cream of mushroom soup i make froms scratch ..and top it off with freshly fried onion rings

Wifey makes a dressing we add lump crabmat to it and she is doing a mac and cheese

for dessert i bought a 5lb frozen peach cobbler got to let it thaw peel off the top add butter cinamon lite brown sugar a lil vanaila put the top back on and WA LA homemae peach cobbler:dance: HAVE A HAPPY SAFE HOLIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!