Comedy: FINALLY Godfrey talks to Shannon Sharp and dropping knowledge on Club Shay Shay

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Elaborate please sir. I watch bits and pieces of those interviews because most sem to only pull one another down. Lil Rey was pretty cool the parts I watched.

Karen touched on this years ago and said he violated SiriusXM policy when he threatened an employee. Also, it didn’t help that the employee he threatened was a fruit. IMO, I believe his show was a little bit too edgy for the Sirius XM network, and this was a way to easily get rid of him without a lawsuit.

Also let me add this.

Having watched the full interview with Godfrey, I felt that the show wasn't quite the right platform for him. Shannon seemed to lack the ability to engage with follow-up questions or delve into deeper discussions; his questions largely missed the mark. Instead of encouraging meaningful dialogue, he seemed to anticipate that Godfrey would criticize or mention other comedians by name, which didn't happen. Given that the show has not reached half a million views even after 11 hours, it seems likely that this interview will rank among the least viewed.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Karen touched on this years ago and said he violated SiriusXM policy when he threatened an employee. Also, it didn’t help that the employee he threatened was a fruit. IMO, I believe his show was a little bit too edgy for the Sirius XM network, and this was a way to easily get rid of him without a lawsuit.

Also let me add this.

Having watched the full interview with Godfrey, I felt that the show wasn't quite the right platform for him. Shannon seemed to lack the ability to engage with follow-up questions or delve into deeper discussions; his questions largely missed the mark. Instead of encouraging meaningful dialogue, he seemed to anticipate that Godfrey would criticize or mention other comedians by name, which didn't happen. Given that the show has not reached half a million views even after 11 hours, it seems likely that this interview will rank among the least viewed.

^^^^^

kaboom

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Goddam his Cosby is on point

ETH7pL.jpg

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad he got on Shay Shay. GodFrey has been way underrated for too long. Hopefully he sees a big bump in his subscrivers and numbers. I wish he would’ve addressed that fuck shit Corey Holcomb been said about him and Shannon. That was some real hoe shit.

RoomService

BGOL Investor
Glad he got on Shay Shay. GodFrey has been way underrated for too long. Hopefully he sees a big bump in his subscrivers and numbers. I wish he would’ve addressed that fuck shit Corey Holcomb been said about him and Shannon. That was some real hoe shit.
He was never given the opportunity. IMO, it was a wasted opportunity and a piss-poor interview.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Why should he waste his time speaking about the bullshit that Corey said about him?

Corey was wrong on his take about what Godfrey said about Donell and he was wrong talking about a gay roommate.

Why dignify Corey's bullshit on Shannon's large platform. Just so Corey could say some more dumb shit taken the wrong way?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why should he waste his time speaking about the bullshit that Corey said about him?

Corey was wrong on his take about what Godfrey said about Donell and he was wrong talking about a gay roommate.

Why dignify Corey's bullshit on Shannon's large platform. Just so Corey could say some more dumb shit taken the wrong way?

^^^^

And I love how Godfrey showed you can be POSITIVE!!!

He made SURE to name drop EVERY comedian that helped him and give receipts and props and respect...

INCLUDING Corey and Ares and Cosby and Steve.

That raised my respect level even more.

sidebar...

If fellow comics don't repost and share this and the views are low?

They can't complain anymore

They like the mess the negativity and slander and lies.

So it was it is...

Yall cancelled ya selves don't blame the public.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^

And I love how Godfrey showed you can be POSITIVE!!!

He made SURE to name drop EVERY comedian that helped him and give receipts and props and respect...

INCLUDING Corey and Ares and Cosby and Steve.

That raised my respect level even more.

sidebar...

If fellow comics don't repost and share this and the views are low?

They can't complain anymore

They like the mess the negativity and slander and lies.

So it was it is...

Yall cancelled ya selves don't blame the public.

I liked his positivity too and I admire him for taking the high road...

Kinda.

A lotta people have been done wrong and sometimes you need to air them out. Which is what Katt did. Apparently some have done Godfrey wrong and he took the route of not naming names.

I'm not mad at'em, but sometimes shitty people need to be aired out and told the truth about.

Yes Katt's interview did have some questionable things that didn't appear to be true. But he did say the Steve and Cedric stole jokes and indeed they did. Those stolen jokes cost comedians money and sometimes opportunities and careers.

Because who knows what else they stole?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
100% I am all for exposing wrong doing, Speaking truth to power, whistle-blower ALL THAT.

But I don't know if THIS is THAT.

This feels like festivus

Especially because the truth is soaked in lies.

You cannot have it both ways

So a joke stealer is worse than someone LYING on a large platform hurting peers and their wives and families?

If a woman accused a bunch of men of assault and she was telling the truth about only ONE is that okay?

and remember I was defending the Katt interview based on it all being a "show".

But I don't think this helped or really hurt anyone that was "exposed"

So why?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And like magic, Kountry Wayne responds. :smh: He proved Godfrey point.

^^^^

Wayne sound dumb as f*ck

These so called comedians exposing themselves as not too bright overly sensitive self destructive haters

Godfrey was mad respect

So this proves Godfrey point there is absolutely no unity

And black comedians will NEVER attack white comics like this over REAL slights or fake ones.

RoomService

BGOL Investor
During the interview, Godfrey made a compelling point that I wished Shannon had acknowledged. He discussed how audience members, whether they are at sports events, operas, theaters, or movies, would refrain from criticizing the performances because most are aware of their own limitations in these areas. Rarely has someone been praised as a great athlete, actor, or singer. However, almost everyone has been complimented on their sense of humor at some time, which I believe can inflate many people's egos. “Aka Kountry Wayne.”

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
^^^^

Wayne sound dumb as f*ck

These so called comedians exposing themselves as not too bright overly sensitive self destructive haters

Godfrey was mad respect

And black comedians will NEVER attack white comics like this over REAL slights or fake ones.
You have a point, but there’s one or two white comedians that black comedians do go after for doing dumb shit i.e. I forgot her last name, but her first name is Amy

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
You have a point, but there’s one or two white comedians that black comedians do go after for doing dumb shit i.e. I forgot her last name, but her first name is Amy
Amy Shumer? If so, between constantly saying dumb shit, not being funny and being a joke thief that's gotten rich from being mediocre she deserves to have people being on her head with her trash ass

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here’s another prime example. Please explain where he ripped into Kountry Wayne? Definitely will not be watching anymore of club shay shay. Not that I was really watching it in the first place.:roflmao:

Plus, I'm not listening to 2.5 hours of Shannon talking to anybody!

These log form podcasts crack me up!

I guess they just count on people having it play in the background.