Chi-town hangouts/restaurants

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
I'm celebrating my birthday in a few weeks here, and need some info on where I can find nice lounges/restaurants and just cool things to do in the city. I will be with my homeboy who lives outside the city, but I want to interest him in a few new places with there. I love hip hop/house, so it'd be great to know of places that play this. ANY type of food, I'm open to also...

THANKS in advance :)

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
I'm staying outside the city, but we'll be driving in to enjoy it during the day and night...

Souljaslimm

Potential Star
Registered
Well i like the following:

Funky Buddha Lounge

Rumba (hot latin spot)

Transit Nightclub (it's cool sometimes, alot of the bouncers be a pain in the ass at the door)

The Wild Hair or Hare (a fiyah jamaican joint)

Secrets (Smoker's paradise)

MYSTIC

Rising Star
Registered
hit up the shrine, betty's stay open til 5 (after other clubs close spot) ja grill (jamaican food joint w/ dj on friday & sat) wild hare (alot of white bitches) and bars in that area. or hit up wicker park where alot of the clubs are. The shrine is the shit right now for alternative music (zap mama, afro beat, etc) Thursday night hit up Empire liquors and sub t for the reggae. (they're right down the street from eachother) :yes: hope that helped

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
hit up the shrine, betty's stay open til 5 (after other clubs close spot) ja grill (jamaican food joint w/ dj on friday & sat) wild hare (alot of white bitches) and bars in that area. or hit up wicker park where alot of the clubs are. The shrine is the shit right now for alternative music (zap mama, afro beat, etc) Thursday night hit up Empire liquors and sub t for the reggae. (they're right down the street from eachother) :yes: hope that helped

I've heard of the Shrine, and the pictures look on point :yes:

Bruh In Law

The Peoples Champ
Certified Pussy Poster
if yall hungry after all is said and done slide to greek town(its a strip with 6 restaurants), Jackson blvd and halsted, some of the best greasy bag joints in the city and theyre open 24 hours,
basically evrybody from the clubs go there at late night hours after the parties over...

you can skip the club altogether and pick a spot in greek town and see the baddest bitches the city have to offer.

random weirdness, a mix of all people and none of the yelling over loud music to bag a bitch

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
if yall hungry after all is said and done slide to greek town(its a strip with 6 restaurants), Jackson blvd and halsted, some of the best greasy bag joints in the city and theyre open 24 hours,
basically evrybody from the clubs go there at late night hours after the parties over...

you can skip the club altogether and pick a spot in greek town and see the baddest bitches the city have to offer.

random weirdness, a mix of all people and none of the yelling over loud music to bag a bitch

I'm a lady, but...ok?!? :confused::lol:

Bruh In Law

The Peoples Champ
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm a lady, but...ok?!? :confused::lol:

My bad :lol: I got to typing and didn't look at the op.
You can go anywhere in the city you want to, as long as you're sexy the parties coming to you ;)

But the club I prefer is Zentra. By wholefoods.
Mixed crowd. Three floors. Packed

Last edited:

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member
is joes still by zentras?

whats the biology bar called these days?

damn who remembers the red dog, & subterranean across

the street(wicker park action)?

damn bruh in law you took me back a few years to

great memories!

kmillz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

great memories!

Joes is still there. (I think it's been a while)
Zentra's is on some hood club shit for the young folk. I'm way too old for that now.
Biology bar was rehabbed into The Republic or something last time I was there.
Red dog was the shit back then!
Subterranean was cool but the street I never heard of.

I miss Slick's, River West, Convent and other clubs that were dope in the day. Damn time is moving fast!

Bruh In Law

The Peoples Champ
Certified Pussy Poster

great memories!

Zentra's is on some hood club shit for the young folk. I'm way too old for that now.

I miss Slick's, River West, Convent and other clubs that were dope in the day. Damn time is moving fast!

True chicaggoans. This nigga said red dog.

And sub t is still poppin. Its mostly an open mic spot for a mixed crowd.
You can go in there and spit for the whole club.

And zentras is not too hood. They charge too much and that shit is usually packed before 11 o'clock. Them hoes will freeze in that line tryna get in. I honestly gotta say that's the number one spot for me. I'm 27 so I guess we in different age groups.

I like it though, 3 floors full of hoes. Only catch is they'll stunt on a group of niggas talking bout your pants too baggy to keep you out. As I started typing I remembered they're one of the tougher crowds on niggas.

My boy had some blue havana joes on. We were like 9 deep that night. The guy at the door said he couldn't get in with bright blue shoes on. :lol::hmm::smh:
Bogus as hell, but we were looking like typical grimey knuckleheads.
That was 2 years ago

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
My bad :lol: I got to typing and didn't look at the op.
You can go anywhere in the city you want to, as long as you're sexy the parties coming to you ;)

But the club I prefer is Zentra. By wholefoods.
Mixed crowd. Three floors. Packed

I didn't see too many "sexy" ladies out and about while there actually. I asked my home boy who lives there where they were at actually :lol: He said they either usually have stank attitudes or can't shut up long enough to get a word in...:smh:

kmillz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't see too many "sexy" ladies out and about while there actually. I asked my home boy who lives there where they were at actually :lol: He said they either usually have stank attitudes or can't shut up long enough to get a word in...:smh:

Yeah. That's Chitown women for ya!:smh:

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member

damn, forgot about slicks!

so many old spots :), to many to name, so many

ive forgotten, good times! damn i kinda miss home.

True chicaggoans. This nigga said red dog.

And sub t is still poppin. Its mostly an open mic spot for a mixed crowd.
You can go in there and spit for the whole club.

And zentras is not too hood. They charge too much and that shit is usually packed before 11 o'clock. Them hoes will freeze in that line tryna get in. I honestly gotta say that's the number one spot for me. I'm 27 so I guess we in different age groups.

I like it though, 3 floors full of hoes. Only catch is they'll stunt on a group of niggas talking bout your pants too baggy to keep you out. As I started typing I remembered they're one of the tougher crowds on niggas.

My boy had some blue havana joes on. We were like 9 deep that night. The guy at the door said he couldn't get in with bright blue shoes on. :lol::hmm::smh:
Bogus as hell, but we were looking like typical grimey knuckleheads.
That was 2 years ago

:lol::lol::lol:

Lucky7s

Negritude...do you have it muthafucka?
Registered
Bump for 2013...anybody got a diverse setting for mid-price dining near the Magnificent Mile?

sherminator

They hate to see us wiiiiinnnniiinnng
Registered
Funny thing is I'm coming home soon after being gone for a while (college and grad school) I needed this

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
whats the update yall

ill be in the chi next week or the after that

HUFF

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sign up at DigitalGuestlist.com or just visit the website. They will email you some hot shit. Its useful for alot of cities too. Ive been on the mailing list for years. Nice spots, chill and usually with no cover. Enjoy your stay

I hate I just missed this. This was my spot besides Spot

DAMN!

You can try also try Nightlifemagazine.net

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I need to step up my in country trips. I like doing weekenders in different cities, and I was on the fence for a while with Chicago and Denver. I really want to check out the Goose Island brewery, and do some locals stuff. Tourist shit annoys me...I want to go where Chicago people go.

sherminator

They hate to see us wiiiiinnnniiinnng
Registered
Trying to get some more updates as well seeing how I will be back in the city but it has been a while since I have been in the Chi, but really it would be who of you to check out some of the tourist joints because not many cities have what we have, especially the Du Sable museum

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am meeting up with some friends in Chicago. What are the cool spots for the 35+ crowd.

I know, I know, stay away from Chiraq.

thanks in advance.

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where do I get the best deep dish pizza in the Chi? The best soul food? The best Italian food? Where do the Chicago folk eat out?