Chadwick Boseman Dies of Colon Cancer

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That made ME tear up as well. To think that Chadwick was relishing in being pampered only to come to the realization that he was actually coping with his health in such a way.

Indeed. Life is short and precious. There are moments that are really impactful. Things hit you in a certain way. Especially when you're in the moment and living it. Seeing things long-term & short-term with peace of mind.

One of the most impactful moments I've had was at my grandpa's funeral in 2006. Older cousin was up there talking about his life, and shouted out myself and my brother. Said - "Don't you guys remember at the holiday dinners? Sometimes there would be 20 - 30 people there. Many of them are gone now. He would often make it a point to sit in the kitchen at the kids table with the young people. Said he found it too busy and crowded in the dining room with the adults. He could relate to us youth. Talk sports, music, school, whatever ..."

That really hit me. I gave him a nod in acknowledgement and put my head down and quietly cried.

His wife (grandpa's) of 55+ years died just over a year later. My dad's parents.

Never met my mom's parents as they died before I was born. She lost her own mom when she was 8yo. Mom was 38 & polio took her out.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

4afd08acc02b4370bab0dc42ed07620a_md.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend