Caribbean Food/Jamaican Food in Fort Lauderdale ?

TurellSmith

Support BGOL
Registered
Where can I get some good jerk chicken, plantains, peas and rice, etc in the Fort Lauderdale area?

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No where. Believe it or not. You just need to eat Italian or learn to cook.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
No where. Believe it or not. You just need to eat Italian or learn to cook.

Pretty much.... However you can try Carls at Oakland Park Blvd & 441 on the south east corner.

Sent From My Droid

dray

Rising Star
Registered
I use to live in Ft. Lauderdale and I use to hit Jerk Machine at the Lauderhill Mall.

Donna's on 44 (State Road 7) & Broward Blvd. Not as good as it use to be (from what I hear).

Heard Aunt I's is good.

Charlie's Pastries, also at Lauderhill Mall, has some bomb ass cocoa bread! :dance:

There's a a Jamaican market across the street from Lauderhill Mall. Can't think of the name of it but their ackee is the shyt!

There's also a spot on 31st right off 19th st near a carwash. Can't think of the name of that spot either. They got some good food too.

CobraKai

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I use to live in Ft. Lauderdale and I use to hit Jerk Machine at the Lauderhill Mall.

Donna's on 44 (State Road 7) & Broward Blvd. Not as good as it use to be (from what I hear).

Heard Aunt I's is good.

Charlie's Pastries, also at Lauderhill Mall, has some bomb ass cocoa bread! :dance:

There's a a Jamaican market across the street from Lauderhill Mall. Can't think of the name of it but their ackee is the shyt!

There's also a spot on 31st right off 19th st near a carwash. Can't think of the name of that spot either. They got some good food too.

All the above are tight work except Donna's. They are straight garbage now...

The best Jerk in Fort lauderdale is at Truck stop on Wed, Friday and saturday nights. It's off US-27 and Griffin road. It's a bit of a drive but they have live music and a bar so you can make a night of it. It's outdoors though so mind the weather. BTW, the festival is off the chain too

Stick2dascript

Star
Registered

Heard Aunt I's is good.

Golden Krust, they just opened up a couple new joints in Pembroke Pines and Miramar, they're everywhere.

All the above are tight work except Donna's. They are straight garbage now...

The best Jerk in Fort lauderdale is at Truck stop on Wed, Friday and saturday nights. It's off US-27 and Griffin road. It's a bit of a drive but they have live music and a bar so you can make a night of it. It's outdoors though so mind the weather. BTW, the festival is off the chain too

Truck Stop still going on? I'd go tonight, nice little live joint.