Can The WNBA Be Improved Financially? Is this what you wanted.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm saying this is the first time I will be going to an wnba anxiously and not on discount tix or to bring the girls.

I'm really excited to go to a game next season.

As a person who watches the WNBA. I can definitely tell you that I have been anywhere near this excited for the new season in a looooooooooooong time!

And it's to see the new players and what they bring to the game.

And I hope Angel and Caitlin bust them old hags asses! :roflmao:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
As a person who watches the WNBA. I can definitely tell you that I have been anywhere near this excited for the new season in a looooooooooooong time!

And it's to see the new players and what they bring to the game.

And I hope Angel and Caitlin bust them old hags asses! :roflmao:

Damn right!!!!

And I hope the WNBA realizes that this now squarely on them now. They need to take full advantage. They won't have no one else to blame if this flops.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

they might not need us.
Oh they DEFINITELY need us in order to get paid anywhere near the same level as men doing the same sport.

Its not just men supporting mls that's the reason for the high pay scale...women support mens sports in a big way too.

And mind you any packed stadium for any event is over 50% female attended much of the time

you think women support the NBA (or any major league sports) solely because they care about Lebron James stats????

I would say that there are 4 categories/types of women who support men's sport.

THEY GENUINELY LIKE THE SPORT & ATHLETECISM

THEY MAINLY LIKE TO SEE WELL BUILT MEN IN FORM FITTING UNIFORMS SWEATING IT UP (beefcake factor)

A BONDING THING WITH THE MAN IN THEIR LIVES (she's watching, buying merch and going to the games because YOU love it)

(ATTENDING GAMES) TO SEE AND BE SEEN (treating it like any happening in their town...you think Kim Kardashian and Adele give a shit about the Lakers?)

They don't do the same thing for women's basketball because the same motivators aren't there.

And men don't support largely due to gender bias and the sport being played at a slower pace and scale.

But if any female sport is going to breakthrough on the pay scale they'll need male support if nothing else to bring in more women...see bonding factor.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

I remember going to Bulls games in the early to mid 80s with my old man were the draw was maybe 8K-10k for mid tier teams and there’d be a concert after the game to try and draw more folks. Saw The Four Tops, Temptations, Smokey Robinson, and others for the price of a ticket that you could walk up to the box office at Chicago Stadium and buy up to tip-off and get good seats (and Chicago Stadium didn’t have elevators or A/C so if you were getting them upper level tickets, you were walking upstairs and sweating in the spring and summer). It was only mid-way thru Mike’s rookie season that the tide turned to sellouts.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm glad that someone finally said it because people need to be educated.

NIL stands for Name Image Likeness, you'd wry advertisement and brands etc but in. You're not paid "Supposedly" by your university so you don't make a dime from them.

Iowa didn't pay Caitlin Clark, advertiser and brands did. She can still have those same companies invested in her and more.

So in short, the money will grow and players who were successful with their NIL deals aren't taking pay cuts.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I am a fan of the wnba and womens hoops but jemele hill
is getting on my fukkin nerves with her misinformed progressive bullshit narrative
on the reason on why wnba players dont make much money.

If more women support and watch more of wnba games; like they watch goofy-ass
reality tv shows. The WNBA would get more ticket sales, higher rating, advertising dollars
which can lead to a better tv contract.

According towards the nielson tv ratings and ticket game receipts more women
watch nba games, more than viewing wnba games. Hopefully, we the new batch
of popular women hoopers the trend to go into more coverage.

DAMN DAT hoe is a trolling bitch.
:angry:

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Congrats to the draftees and I wish them all the best and I hope they make tons of money

but.....

Please stop the salary comparisons with the NBA, when the WNBA has the draw and appeal of the NBA then those women will get paid like the NBA.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That's right Joe

200w.gif

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
is getting on my fukkin nerves with her misinformed progressive bullshit narrative

reality tv shows. The WNBA would get more ticket sales, higher rating, advertising dollars

Jemele is over selling the fact that she is all in.
We are dumb as hell because we didn't love the WNBA like she always has.

Come On Jamele - Damn

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

I will go to the grave saying the sucker who married her is either a) smart for seeing the money ESPN gave her to go away and is counting his time until he can bounce with her writing him an alimony check every month, b) was desperate or c) is ALREADY getting paid to keep up the facade of a happy husband. FWIW, all can be true.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jemele is over selling the fact that she is all in.
We are dumb as hell because we didn't love the WNBA like she always has.

Come On Jamele - Damn

I posted the WNBA nationally televised games for a few of the past seasons in the Caitlin Clark thread. To show that Jenelle and many others are wrong about the support from networks of the WNBA.

The networks tried by broadcasting their games in national tv but no one watched. They broadcasted their games for years and no one watched. Can't blame big companies when the product's there but no one's tuning in.

People simple weren't interested which is why the games were eventually on weird networks.

So instead of trying to place blame on networks, companies etc for lack of support. She needs to be honest and say it was the fans that was the issue...

Or lack there of.