Bradley To Lamont: Forget Khan, Make More Money Here!

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 12/13/2011 .

By Rick Reeno

WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley sees no reason for Lamont Peterson to take part in an immediate rematch with Amir Khan. Last Saturday at the Convention Center in Washington, DC, Peterson shocked Khan with a close twelve round split decision to capture the WBA and IBF 140-pound titles. The referee, Joe Cooper, took two points away from Khan for pushing, and the point deductions were crucial in the final scores. Two of the judges gave the victory to Peterson, with identical scores of 113-112. The third judge had it for Khan, with a final score of 115-110.

Bradley, who handed Peterson his only career loss, by decision, in 2009, is open to staging a rematch. And Bradley believes a rematch with three titles at stake is the best direction for Peterson, because the Khan rematch will always be there.

"I think he should just come over this way. There is no point in even messing with Amir [again]. Come over this way. And he's going to make more money coming over this way then he would the other way. And he's going to have a better opportunity, and a better chance of winning the fight, then he would by going over to England in Amir's hometown and losing a wide margin decision because he's going to get pistol-whipped [by the judges]," Bradley told BoxingScene.com.

http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-lamont-forget-khan-make-more-money-here--47232

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Timmy is laughing his ass of at everyone that clowned him for not fighting Khan. Timmy can fight Lamont, khan can figure if it is him that should retire, and the rest of the boxing experts can go cry in the car.

lol, come on Lamont. Amir had his chance. He needs to fight Timmy. Khan can go up and chase his PBF dreams at 147 or retire. Either way I'm more interested in a Timmy vs Lamont fight.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Bradley ain't clocking it like that to talk crazy like he'll out bid motherfuckers.

Bradley should have fought Khan and then he could be demanding Pac or Floyd instead of trying to shine by rematching a guy he already beat just because dude took out Khan. It might backfire cause Lamont might be able to get his revenge if they fought again.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Bradley ain't clocking it like that to talk crazy like he'll out bid motherfuckers.

Bradley should have fought Khan and then he could be demanding Pac or Floyd instead of trying to shine by rematching a guy he already beat just because dude took out Khan. It might backfire cause Lamont might be able to get his revenge if they fought again.

I think an undefeated Timmy is a more interesting fight for Lamont than going to the UK to fight Khan. He knows the vegas and uk judges are ready to get that belt on a gbp fighter.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I think an undefeated Timmy is a more interesting fight for Lamont than going to the UK to fight Khan. He knows the vegas and uk judges are ready to get that belt on a gbp fighter.

:smh::lol::smh:

You would be the one to co-sign this bitchery by Bradley... Clowns the both of you.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Say what you want but I'd rather go to UK, where they sell out fucking stadiums, get my bread, fucked or not than fight Mr. 'Boxing After Dark' Bradley!! His ass can't draw flies to shit! Face it, Peterson, while he has a great story, will never be a huge draw, and he has a much better chance of recognition going to the UK, fighting Khan, be competitive even if he gets fucked... That would give him more notoriety than fucking with Tim's ass!?!? Plus, what do those belts mean anyway, outside of fucking around with sanctioning fees!!! If I'm him, I say fuck the belt, go to UK, get paid, and when Khan goes up to 147, he will still be universally recognized as the best or at least the 2nd best at 140, the controversy will only help him.... It's about the money Dude, and Bradley ain't the money fighter at 140. Peterson can get paid from a Khan rematch, especially with the result of the first fight and the revenge factor!! People pay to see them do it again!!! :yes:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Say what you want but I'd rather go to UK, where they sell out fucking stadiums, get my bread, fucked or not than fight Mr. 'Boxing After Dark' Bradley!! His ass can't draw flies to shit! Face it, Peterson, while he has a great story, will never be a huge draw, and he has a much better chance of recognition going to the UK, fighting Khan, be competitive even if he gets fucked... That would give him more notoriety than fucking with Tim's ass!?!? Plus, what do those belts mean anyway, outside of fucking around with sanctioning fees!!! If I'm him, I say fuck the belt, go to UK, get paid, and when Khan goes up to 147, he will still be universally recognized as the best or at least the 2nd best at 140, the controversy will only help him.... It's about the money Dude, and Bradley ain't the money fighter at 140. Peterson can get paid from a Khan rematch, especially with the result of the first fight and the revenge factor!! People pay to see them do it again!!! :yes:

Co-sign. More people watch Khan fights and Peterson makes him look even worse... the pressure for a third fight will be hard to avoid for Khan. Shit Khan need the experience anyways so he should be happy it's Peterson just making him look bad and not a knock out from Ortiz/Berto or complete domination from Floyd.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
:smh::lol::smh:

You would be the one to co-sign this bitchery by Bradley... Clowns the both of you.

So timmy is a bitch cause he didn't make a fight but other fighters get passes for doing the same thing. Ok. Anyways, khan said this was his last fight at 140, not me. Khan didn't listen to the ref, not me. Khan had a chance and lost. You guys are funny. You don't want to see manny and juan fight. You are fight with pbf fighting easy fights. But have a problem with 140 champ timmy facing another champ (lamont). You rather see a guy who lack "it" get a rematch overseas with a trainer yall say is garbage, funny. I like to see timmy and lamont fight. It is that simple. Khan can fight the winner or the ortiz berto fight as his 147 debut. He needs to get out the car and move on.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
As for Bradley, go ahead and move up. Campaign for a Madiana fight if he beats Alexander or beg/hope for the winner or loser of Berto v Ortiz.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Co-sign. More people watch Khan fights and Peterson makes him look even worse... the pressure for a third fight will be hard to avoid for Khan. Shit Khan need the experience anyways so he should be happy it's Peterson just making him look bad and not a knock out from Ortiz/Berto or complete domination from Floyd.

Absolutely! And as much as I don't like seeing controversy, this actually was beneficial for both Peterson and Khan! For Peterson, because it put his name out there because Dude did fight his ass off!, and for Khan, because outside of Floyd, and with Bradley ducking him, he really had nowhere else to go! Now, he has his Frazier to his Ali, and Peterson now has a platform to explode!! Plus, with the 'win' Peterson, who I always liked as a fighter, will see his confidence go through the roof!!! Good all the way around.

Bradley's issue is, he wasted his opportunity to be in Peterson's position, and now he sees himself becoming more irrelevant and he is trying to capitalize on Khan and Peterson great fight performance, and controversy... :smh: Too little too late IMO...

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

I am not getting paid so I don't care about the money.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
So timmy is a bitch cause he didn't make a fight but other fighters get passes for doing the same thing.
:smh:

Ok. Anyways, khan said this was his last fight at 140, not me. Khan didn't listen to the ref, not me. Khan had a chance and lost.
:rolleyes:

You guys are funny. You don't want to see manny and juan fight. You are fight with pbf fighting easy fights. But have a problem with 140 champ timmy facing another champ (lamont).
:lol:

You rather see a guy who lack "it" get a rematch overseas with a trainer yall say is garbage, funny. I like to see timmy and lamont fight. It is that simple. Khan can fight the winner or the ortiz berto fight as his 147 debut. He needs to get out the car and move on.
:roflmao3:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
:confused: I still believe Khan is a more entertaining fight, and frankly, if Roach/Manny don't fight Floyd, seeing another fighter from their camp getting his ass kicked is the next best thing.. :D

I hear you, but one thing is this. Timmy is undefeated. Nobody has beaten him. I rather see if the new improved Lamont can beat another 140 king that defeat a fighter he has already beating and get payback at the same time. But that's me.

merce77

Star
Registered
Timmy is laughing his ass of at everyone that clowned him for not fighting Khan. Timmy can fight Lamont, khan can figure if it is him that should retire, and the rest of the boxing experts can go cry in the car.

You really took it personal that Amir said Manny should retire. I mean.....really?:smh: That lil statement says a lot about how you view fighters.

Last edited:

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
I hear you, but one thing is this. Timmy is undefeated. Nobody has beaten him. I rather see if the new improved Lamont can beat another 140 king that defeat a fighter he has already beating and get payback at the same time. But that's me.

On paper, etc. I agree with you. However, Bradley is a boring ass fighter, who will not draw flies to shit!!! Undefeated or not, there is no real money fighting him! A fight against Khan overseas will be a PPV, Peterson will definitely get a 7 figure payday, and no way he is not competitive in this fight! What Bradley is trying to do, is to get Peterson before his star REALLY explodes, which taking a fight with Khan in the UK will do for him. At that point, Bradley becomes at best the 3rd or 4th draw in the division and his weak ass drawing power becomes even less significant!!!

It's about dollars and cents(sense) Dude, and it doesn't make sense for Peterson to fight Bradley instead of Khan, on Boxing after Dark as opposed to PPV... :confused:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

Bradley Vs Peterson is wack....Bradley trying to bypass Khan to get the strap....

next Khan even in defeat is still a better boxer than both of those fighters...I think he will win a rematch with Peterson...hell I thought it was a robbery :lol:

merce77

Star
Registered
Bradley couldn't sell tickets to a fight in his own backyard. And I mean that literally. He could invent a time machine and bring Aaron Pryor back with him, hold the fight in his backyard and charge 5 dollars to sit on his lawn furniture - and him and Pryor would hear nothing but crickets. Fighting this dude makes very little fiscal sense for Lamont. Timmy is fucking dreaming. These young wack ass fighters kill me, none of them has really done SHIT. Yet they all feel they're elite, they all feel they deserve the big paycheck but very few fight like it. Shit is sickening, but at the same time, I totally understand.

merce77

Star
Registered
Bradley Vs Peterson is wack....Bradley trying to bypass Khan to get the strap....

next Khan even in defeat is still a better boxer than both of those fighters...I think he will win a rematch with Peterson...hell I thought it was a robbery :lol:

I didn't. At all. Even the British don't feel that way. I think they sent Khan over hear just so we'd give back Ricky Hatton.:lol:

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Bradley couldn't sell tickets to a fight in his own backyard. And I mean that literally. He could invent a time machine and bring Aaron Pryor back with him, hold the fight in his backyard and charge 5 dollars to sit on his lawn furniture - and him and Pryor would hear nothing but crickets. Fighting this dude makes very little fiscal sense for Lamont. Timmy is fucking dreaming. These young wack ass fighters kill me, none of them has really done SHIT. Yet they all feel they're elite, they all feel they deserve the big paycheck but very few fight like it. Shit is sickening, but at the same time, I totally understand.

For real, that's why I laugh whenever Bradley starts talking... What is is biggest win to day, Junior Witter!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
On paper, etc. I agree with you. However, Bradley is a boring ass fighter, who will not draw flies to shit!!! Undefeated or not, there is no real money fighting him! A fight against Khan overseas will be a PPV, Peterson will definitely get a 7 figure payday, and no way he is not competitive in this fight! What Bradley is trying to do, is to get Peterson before his star REALLY explodes, which taking a fight with Khan in the UK will do for him. At that point, Bradley becomes at best the 3rd or 4th draw in the division and his weak ass drawing power becomes even less significant!!!

It's about dollars and cents(sense) Dude, and it doesn't make sense for Peterson to fight Bradley instead of Khan, on Boxing after Dark as opposed to PPV... :confused:

Co-sign again... It's not hard to understand. Bradley offers nothing for Peterson unless Peterson ends all the debate in a rematch with Khan. Even then Bradley only offers the chance to be called the best at 140, which won't mean much for too long since all the worthwhile fights are going to welter.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
I didn't. At all. Even the British don't feel that way. I think they sent Khan over hear just so we'd give back Ricky Hatton.:lol:

A Champ shouldn't lose on pts in a close fight for pushing without firm warnings...those warnings weren't firm enough IMO...

w/o the deductions he would have won....

I always felt a champ has to be beaten for the title to change hands...

not taking anything from Peterson tho....

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
You really took it personal that Amir said Manny should retire. I mean.....really?:smh: That lil statement says a lot about how you view fighters.

LOL, hell no. I mention it cause it was stupid as fuck. A dude has a history of having his most difficult fights with Juan and he has another difficult one and he should quit. I felt like he was throwing his dude under the bus and trying to get on PBF's good side. What he should have been doing was worrying about his fight against lamont.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
A Champ shouldn't lose on pts in a close fight for pushing without firm warnings...those warnings weren't firm enough IMO...

Anybody in their right mind can see that this shit was fixed, which honestly was Fucked up for Peterson, because his win is tainted by controversy!! I believe, without the deductions, the fight would have been fair either way, and I could see an argument for either fighter winning! Anybody in their right mind can see this shit was fixed, from them taking 10 mins to 'calculate' the score cards, to the Commission and the Ref hauling ass immediately after the fight results, instead of making the Ref available for interviews!!! Niccas was like 'We out this bitch!!!!' :lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

The motherfucker fought Casamayor for fuck's sakes after a long ass lay off and is acting like he is a factor when no one was fucking with him to begin with:smh:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Bulshit. If a champ doesn't listen to the ref. What do you expect to happen? Khan had every opportunity to get the decision. He failed. Now he needs to move on. If 140 was tough to make anyways he needs to go to 147. He is a name in the fight game. This lost doesn't hurt him at all.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

:hmm: come on my nig. Khan was running, pitty-patting, pushing, holding, head locking and etc. damn near the whole fight. I didn't like the calls, but Khan gave the ref every reason to be able to justify penalties. Peterson was also pushing the fight and more importantly landing the most effective punches.

Either way, this is why the rematch shouldn't even be questioned, because there were close ass rounds, people want to clearly see who is better and it was a good fight.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bulshit. If a champ doesn't listen to the ref. What do you expect to happen? Khan had every opportunity to get the decision. He failed. Now he needs to move on. If 140 was tough to make anyways he needs to go to 147. He is a name in the fight game. This lost doesn't hurt him at all.

you actually think he can move on to better things after that performance...I believe he won that fight but he didn't look great he needs a rematch....which I think he will win....

his stock has drop taking a risky ass fight...next the ref warned him but not firmly enough he's the champ....

that was another bullshit ending to a fight...those 2 pts sealed the victory for Lamont....

you can honestly say the warnings were firm enough...he said stop pushing I'm going to take a pt how many times before he actually acted...

did he go to Khan's corner in between rds to reaffirm he was going to be penalized....Lamont would have not have won if not for the those pts...

merce77

Star
Registered

The loss is a big setback for Khan, he's already had one of these. It wasn't that he lost the fight - it was the way he lost it. Then the whole meltdown thing during the interview was wilin' as well. Dude got beat up by a guy who can't punch and what's worse is he fell apart and started using dirty tactics to get away from the beating. If Oscar can lose a fight in his prime just for running, a fight in which he took little damage - you can bet Amir Khan will lose for getting beat up and fighting dirty.

:hmm: come on my nig. Khan was running, pitty-patting, pushing, holding, head locking and etc. damn near the whole fight. I didn't like the calls, but Khan gave the ref every reason to be able to justify penalties. Peterson was also pushing the fight and more importantly landing the most effective punches.

Either way, this is why the rematch shouldn't even be questioned, because there were close ass rounds, people want to clearly see who is better and it was a good fight.

As long as Khan fights in that amateurish style I've been observing and commenting on for months - he will lose to Peterson. There is no professionalism or polish in this dudes game. He's like one of these star streetball players at the Rucker with mad talent getting thrown into a NBA league game - the deficiencies become glaring. Dude also needs to tune up his attitude - I think dude was believing that "King" Khan hype way toooo much. Oh and get this mufucca away from Roach and Pacquiao.

merce77

Star
Registered

How much more firmly could dude tell him - he kept stopping the action every two seconds to warn him. I was watching the British stream and them dudes were killing Khan for holding and pushing dudes neck down. The referee was CONSTANTLY warning Khan about the pushing and the whole neck thing. What was he supposed to do? Write that nicca a note in BOLD type and italics?:lol:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

11th & 12th Khan won those rds...pitty pat or power punches his punches was keeping Lamont off him & prevented him from fighting off the ropes......which was killing him cuz Lamont was killing him inside....

Lamont won 2 scorecards by 1 pt if not for the deductions he would have lost...:itsawrap:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
you actually think he can move on to better things after that performance...I believe he won that fight but he didn't look great he needs a rematch....which I think he will win....

his stock has drop taking a risky ass fight...next the ref warned him but not firmly enough he's the champ....

that was another bullshit ending to a fight...those 2 pts sealed the victory for Lamont....

you can honestly say the warnings were firm enough...he said stop pushing I'm going to take a pt how many times before he actually acted...

did he go to Khan's corner in between rds to reaffirm he was going to be penalized....Lamont would have not have won if not for the those pts...

Dude pushed Peterson 50 times and probably did the same amount of headlocks... I mean you can ride with that firmly shit, but if there was intentional fuckery... Khan was asked for that shit, and not only that, he set up everything beautiful for them motherfuckers.