Super Moderator
BachmanPledge.jpg

GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann has signed a
conservative pledge called "The Marriage Vow -- A Decla-
ration of Dependence Upon Marriage and Family." The so-
called pledge is, not surprisingly, anti-abortion, anti-same
sex marriage and anti-divorce. But one particular piece has
everyone up in arms over the idea that she and other
signatories think that <SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">black people were better off during
slavery</span>:

"Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families,
yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to
be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household
than was an African-American baby born after the election of
the USA's first African-American President."

I'm not surprised that Michelle Bachmann signed the pledge;

I'm not surprised at the reaction to the pledge; and

I'm not surprised that the group has now withdrawn the slavery portion of the pledge.

BUT, I am surprised, no, I am appalled, that the so-called Black Conservatives and other Black followers of the Tea Party cult didn't jump all over this, and early on. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I would be outrage that white conservatives are not in arms over the pledge, but, to a poster, each so-called conservative on this board has denied being white. Hence, I am even more shocked that the so-called conservatives on this board
have
fallen
silent.

Gunner

Support BGOL
Registered
Que you are really reaching!!!
You're not just to the left of this nut
Cynthia-Mckinney-looking-goofy-cropped.jpeg

you would be in your own galaxy.

Before your minions get started. She was speaking to the strength of the black family at the time. We were closer as a family unit. Marriage actually meant something to our people. We were separated not by choice but by brute force.
Funny how many in our population fell for the drug of government.:hmm:

Gunner

Support BGOL
Registered
Really!!! I mean Really Que?

You read the article and this is what you interpreted??

carter+espn.jpg

COME ON MAN!!!!

I KNEW IT WOULD BE A MATTER OF TIME. WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO AFRAID OF THE REPUBLICANS OR ANYONE WHO CALL YOU GUYS OUT OR STATE THE OBVIOUS? DO NUMBERS MEAN ANYTHING. WE AS A RACE ARE NOT GETTING MARRIED ANYMORE QUE. 72% OF BLACK BABIES ARE BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK ( DOES IT EVEN REGISTER ), OR ARE YOU LOOKING TO JUST THROW MUD?

Last edited:

Gunner

Support BGOL
Registered

carter+espn.jpg

COME ON MAN!!!!

BrainChild09

Potential Star
Registered

carter+espn.jpg

COME ON MAN!!!!

I KNEW IT WOULD BE A MATTER OF TIME. WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO AFRAID OF THE REPUBLICANS OR ANYONE WHO CALL YOU GUYS OUT OR STATE THE OBVIOUS? DO NUMBERS MEAN ANYTHING. WE AS A RACE ARE NOT GETTING MARRIED ANYMORE QUE. 72% OF BLACK BABIES ARE BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK ( DOES IT EVEN REGISTER ), OR ARE YOU LOOKING TO JUST THROW MUD?

Your numbers are correct but why did this issue appear in the pledge in the first place? The breakdown of the black family is an enormous problem & goes a long way in explaining the condition many of our people find themselves in but the people who wrote this pledge didn't need to bring this up in their pledge, which was already ridiculous. There was nothing benevolent in them choosing to talk about this in their pledge, especially considering at just exactly how it was worded. Simply put, that statement & the entire pledge was effed up.

I don't support Bachmann or any of the mainstream Republican candidates. Am I "outraged"? No because I'm not surprised that many of these people possess varying degrees of "racist" attitudes. That's true for many politicians and bureacrats on both sides of the aisle. Some will disagree, but I don't feel like allowing myself to constantly get worked up when these folks express their bigoted attitudes does me much good. I don't think identifying all those who may have racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. views is the key to fixing hardly any of the things that really plague our people or society at large.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Before your minions get started. She was speaking to the strength of the black family at the time. We were closer as a family unit. Marriage actually meant something to our people. We were separated not by choice but by brute force.

Were Black folk allowed to get married? How could property have legal marriage status?

Revisionism, revisionism, fucking revisionism!

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

carter+espn.jpg

COME ON MAN!!!!

Are yours Heritage Foundation statistics?

source: New York Times

The pattern has been particularly pronounced among Hispanic women, climbing 20 percent from 2002 to 2006, the most recent year for which racial breakdowns are available. Eleven percent of unmarried Hispanic women had a baby in 2006, compared with 7 percent of unmarried black women and 3 percent of unmarried white women, according to government data drawn from birth certificates.

Titled “Changing Patterns of Nonmarital Childbearing in the United States,” the report was released by the National Center for Health Statistics, part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Out-of-wedlock births are also rising in much of the industrialized world: in Iceland, 66 percent of children are born to unmarried mothers; in Sweden, the share is 55 percent. (In other societies, though, the phenomenon remains rare — just 2 percent in Japan, for example.)

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
here is a question for black conservatives...Black folks were believed to have strong family values anywhere up to the 70's (before desegregation took a strong hold in the black community). This is from my understanding. If so,
why pick the most demeaning era of black history, to emphasis a point about the black family?

I'm sure the Herman Cains and Clarence Thomas folks grew up in eras where the black family was pretty strong.

Gunner

Support BGOL
Registered
Waaaait wait wait. The strength of the black family...during slavery?

Selective amnesia. :smh:

From slavery up until the sixties. Its well documented. Our people had to depend on one another. Is that something not to be proud of??? WTF I guess because whitey pointed out a fact. She must be silenced. If Biden said it you wouldn't open your mouth.

Let's hear your response to your own criticism of your messiah! Are they right? lol
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R3lOI8PCR5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gunner

Support BGOL
Registered
here is a question for black conservatives...Black folks were believed to have strong family values anywhere up to the 70's (before desegregation took a strong hold in the black community). This is from my understanding. If so,
why pick the most demeaning era of black history, to emphasis a point about the black family?

Would it have been ok if a black person said it or a white liberal?

I would say you are right somewhere around 65 through the seventies we started going down hill. Read some articles by Walter Williams or my favorite Thomas Sowell very distinguished economists.

I'm sure the Herman Cains and Clarence Thomas folks grew up in eras where the black family was pretty strong.

If I said there is a lot of rice in China, would that be racist??? The mere mention of slavery is not racist. Don't know much about Cain but his business dealings. But Thomas grew up in a very broken home raised by his grandparents.

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Pop some popcorn and enjoy the show! The GOP & their Tea Party affliates are going to let you know how the really feel in the upcoming election race!

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Dude - During Slavery, Black people were not Legally Married and Families were FORCED to stay together. It wasn't like DAD could run away without the DOGS chasing him.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I said there is a lot of rice in China, would that be racist??? The mere mention of slavery is not racist. Don't know much about Cain but his business dealings. But Thomas grew up in a very broken home raised by his grandparents.

Please answer the question. Why pick the slave era as your point of reference?

TO ignore the complete history of slavery and how it tore families apart is racist.

To your second point, Herman Cain grew up in a two family household.

Although raised by his grandparents, Thomas ended up having somewhat of better life because of who raised him. It which case one can argue that family stepped up to help family.

Last edited:

Majestic Lion

fidélité à la mort
Registered
From slavery up until the sixties. Its well documented. Our people had to depend on one another. Is that something not to be proud of??? WTF I guess because whitey pointed out a fact. She must be silenced. If Biden said it you wouldn't open your mouth.

Let's hear your response to your own criticism of your messiah! Are they right? lol

You're barking up the wrong tree with the assumptions about my political leanings. Aside from that you're either trolling hard or willfully stupid. Either way: selective amnesia.

You might as well tell the B'nai B'rith that they should be thankful to Hitler and his goons for the motivation.

Dmain_Event

Star
Registered
BachmanPledge.jpg

GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann has signed a
conservative pledge called "The Marriage Vow -- A Decla-
ration of Dependence Upon Marriage and Family." The so-
called pledge is, not surprisingly, anti-abortion, anti-same
sex marriage and anti-divorce. But one particular piece has
everyone up in arms over the idea that she and other
signatories think that <SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">black people were better off during
slavery</span>:

"Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families,
yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to
be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household
than was an African-American baby born after the election of
the USA's first African-American President."

I'm not surprised that Michelle Bachmann signed the pledge;

I'm not surprised at the reaction to the pledge; and

I'm not surprised that the group has now withdrawn the slavery portion of the pledge.

BUT, I am surprised, no, I am appalled, that the so-called Black Conservatives and other Black followers of the Tea Party cult didn't jump all over this, and early on. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I would be outrage that white conservatives are not in arms over the pledge, but, to a poster, each so-called conservative on this board has denied being white. Hence, I am even more shocked that the so-called conservatives on this board
have
fallen
silent.

I'm not silent. I just haven't been on the board for a while and have yet to waid through all the crap I missed...

You know, defeating reds one argument at a time...:cool:
Just doing my thing...:cool:
Making Money...:cool:

Now on to the argument...
I haven't read the pledge (haven't had time... you see, I provide goods and services to my fellow man at a reasonable price that we both agreed to... Capitalism... and I have been busy), but I have heard of this so-called scandal. From what I remember, wasn't the argument on the pamphlet suggesting that black's under slavery were more likely to live with both of there birth parents than black's today? I haven't seen the statistics, but I wouldn't find that hard to believe. They weren't saying black's were better off during slavery, just that they had higher rates of young children living with there birth parents. Again, this is all from my memory...

So yeah, to me no big deal.
Have fun attempting to steal your fellow man's hard earnings...

Just read the statement you were reffering to more carefully and am even less concerned than before... The pledge stated that a child born into slavery in the 1860's... IE slavery was about to be over... So yeah, this is not a big deal.

Next topic.

Last edited:

NnubianN

Audio & Video Guru
Registered
Your numbers are correct but why did this issue appear in the pledge in the first place? The breakdown of the black family is an enormous problem & goes a long way in explaining the condition many of our people find themselves in but the people who wrote this pledge didn't need to bring this up in their pledge, which was already ridiculous. There was nothing benevolent in them choosing to talk about this in their pledge, especially considering at just exactly how it was worded. Simply put, that statement & the entire pledge was effed up.

I don't support Bachmann or any of the mainstream Republican candidates. Am I "outraged"? No because I'm not surprised that many of these people possess varying degrees of "racist" attitudes. That's true for many politicians and bureacrats on both sides of the aisle. Some will disagree, but I don't feel like allowing myself to constantly get worked up when these folks express their bigoted attitudes does me much good. I don't think identifying all those who may have racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. views is the key to fixing hardly any of the things that really plague our people or society at large.

The reason that passage was included in the pledge? Plain and simple: it's a setup. Knee-jerk reactionaries on the left and right jumped at this piece of low hanging fruit to gin up outrage and then rebuttal on all the media outlets. The folks who drew up the pledge knew exactly what they were writing from the first word to the last.

This is another "Open Mike" for people who are still asleep; those unrealized, unwashed masses so they can rant and rave at all the distracting issues their political Pied Pipers are stringing them along with. Those masses have yet to figure out that the entire political process has been hijacked by Special Interests and Big Money.

What I don't understand is the so-called constituents of the 'Tea' Publican Party who don't seem to realize that these cuts in entitlements would not only affect the left, but will also hit THEM, that these policies of deregulation and stripping Gov't Watchdog agencies like the SEC, FCC, EPA of their oversight powers will simply allow the uncaring companies to create more toxicity on Wall St, in banking, the media and in environment. I guess they never met a bubble bursting, interest raising, lying Fox Commentator (Stuart Varney comes to mind) speaking about how "Fracting for Natural Gas is good for the environment" that they didn't like.

(Of course my comment about the Fox Commentator was made facetiously :rolleyes:)

BrainChild09

Potential Star
Registered
The reason that passage was included in the pledge? Plain and simple: it's a setup. Knee-jerk reactionaries on the left and right jumped at this piece of low hanging fruit to gin up outrage and then rebuttal on all the media outlets. The folks who drew up the pledge knew exactly what they were writing from the first word to the last.

This is another "Open Mike" for people who are still asleep; those unrealized, unwashed masses so they can rant and rave at all the distracting issues their political Pied Pipers are stringing them along with. Those masses have yet to figure out that the entire political process has been hijacked by Special Interests and Big Money.

What I don't understand is the so-called constituents of the 'Tea' Publican Party who don't seem to realize that these cuts in entitlements would not only affect the left, but will also hit THEM, that these policies of deregulation and stripping Gov't Watchdog agencies like the SEC, FCC, EPA of their oversight powers will simply allow the uncaring companies to create more toxicity on Wall St, in banking, the media and in environment. I guess they never met a bubble bursting, interest raising, lying Fox Commentator (Stuart Varney comes to mind) speaking about how "Fracting for Natural Gas is good for the environment" that they didn't like.

(Of course my comment about the Fox Commentator was made facetiously :rolleyes:)

I agree that government on every level, especially state & federal, is largely controlled by special interests of many types. It's reaped horrible consequences for this country. I also recognize that these special interests control the so-called government watchdog agencies you listed & many of their rules and regulations work to benefit these special interests, especially big business. It's a false belief that the individuals working in these agencies are any more "caring" than businessmen.

As far as the tea partiers & entitlements, there are people from different camps that may call themselves tea partiers. Some of them recognize that the cuts to so-called entitlements will affect them & they still believe they should be cut. Some of them are opposed to government wealth redistribution based on sound logic & principle in my opinion & so they oppose it even if they may have received some of the government loot. I see nothing wrong with that.

Some of them are okay with wealth redistribution on some level (I don't agree with them) but they're opposed to it based on the simple fact that the spending & the increases in spending that must occur on the current trajectory must be cut because the government cannot afford it even with massive tax increases on "the rich" & businesses.

Then there are those that call themselves tea partiers & are just not bright. People that just go along with whatever their "party leaders" or favorite media pundits say. Yeah there's a number of them too & they're pure idiots. They want their social security checks, support any war the US gets in, & want the government to violate any number of privacy rights and spend all the money necessary to do so. They really kill me.

Damn Right

Rising Star
Registered

:hmm:

there was no traditional 'family unit' during slavery. marriages between slaves weren't even legally recognized. the parents had no say as to how their kids were raised, disciplined or even did on the plantation. the kids could be sold at any time. so could the parents.

dayum :smh: brainwashed mutha fukas like u treat books like kryptonite

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm still pissed off for the Clinton comments....

The ones no one remembers...

*edit* I see there's a lot of political scatter shooting going on. Trying to paint the picture that Obama is the best situation going on right now *which is total bullshit*. The reality is, the left doesn't know who to really aim at right now. This is dangerous for them because the advantage is solely on the republicans. Tea party in particular.

This debt ceiling situation, and the next budget battle will show everything people need to know in 2012.

Just remember Gunner, and Lamarr. When you see shit like this post, it's a sign of worrying from the left.

Last edited:

Clubdawg

Star
Platinum Member

Well said my brother!!! We are in a sad state of affairs and neither party has the best interest of the so called little people!!

Have you ever wondered why a wealthy businessman would spend millions of dollars for a job that pays $175K a year...REALLY!! Or how many politicians enter office well off but leave extremely Rich!!!

Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely!!

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

carter+espn.jpg

COME ON MAN!!!!

Yeah, Come on Gunner:

fullsize

Card depicting African-American slave being separated from wife and child.
Color Lithograph by Henry Louis Stephens, c. 1863

Like I asked, where is the outrage among Tea-Pubs ???

The answer is glaringly plain: NONE, at least, from the few resident Tea-Pubs that dared respond. Not a single one expressed any outrage.

Of course, many Tea-Pubs chose to just remain silent, which was not a bad idea given the stupidity of Bachmann, Santorum and the guy who drafted the pledge, but your response, Mr. Gunner, is most peculiar. Not only did you fail to see the error of the pledge, but you chose to defend Michelle Bachmann by pretending to know what was in her mind! Simply fascinating!

Frankly, it didn't matter what she thought, the plain meaning of the words are unmistakeable, and Bachmann and Santorum quickly signed on.

Perhaps, this might help Bachmann, Santorum, the person who prepared the untruthful pledge and you, Gunner:

Because of the high premium placed on male labor, throughout every period of American slavery, black men were the most likely to be parted from their families. For slave owners, who considered the basic family unit to be comprised of mother and child, husbands and fathers could be, and were, easily replaced. Many a slave woman was assigned a new husband by her master. Male children were also frequently taken from slave mothers. The bond between an enslaved mother and daughter was the least likely to be disturbed through sale. Yet this tie was also fragile. Owners could reap large returns by selling pretty girls, especially light-skinned ones, into prostitution or concubinage.

The possibility of separation was an ever-present threat to every member of a slave family. When a master died, his slaves might be indiscriminately distributed among his heirs or sold off to multiple buyers. When a planter's child was born or married, he or she might receive the gift of a black attendant. Mothers were taken from their own children to nurse the offspring of their masters. And slave children were torn from mothers and brought into the house to be raised alongside the master's sons and daughters.​

Were black children really in stable, two parent homes during slavery, as the “Marriage Vow” claimed ???
- Instead of just admitting the truth, you chose to be an apologists for these ignorant bastards :eek:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Hey Black Tea-Pubs,

Where do you all stand on Boehner's bill that will be up for a vote today ???

Support Boehner and compromise; or

Fuck Boehner, no compromise ???

or, no comment until after the vote

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wonder how many "Black" republicans will support Bachmann? AAA?

Michele-Bachmann-Newsweek-main.jpg

source: Think Progress

Bachmann’s ‘Must-Read’ List Included A Book That Claims Blacks Were ‘Better Off In Nearly Every Way’ Under Slavery

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann (R) has already made one slavery-related gaffe during her presidential campaign, signing a pledge produced by the Iowa FAMiLY LEADER that included language suggesting black children were better off under slavery than they are now. Bachmann offered half-hearted apology at the time, saying she had only signed the “candidate vow,” not the part that included slavery, and compared it to “economic enslavement” brought on by taxes.

But in his profile of Bachmann released yesterday, The New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza revealed that Bachmann’s “worldview” on slavery goes much deeper. In 2002, then-state Sen. Bachmann’s campaign posted a “must-read” list of books on her web site. Included in the list were the Declaration of Independence, The Federalist Papers, and a book titled, “Call of Duty: The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee,” authored by J. Steven Wilkins. The Lee biography includes this apologetic passage:
Northerners were often shocked and offended by the familiarity that existed as a matter of course between the whites and blacks of the old South. This was one of the surprising and unintended consequences of slavery. Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded on racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause.

The credit for this startling reality must go to the Christian faith.
Wilkins goes on to claim that slavery existed on a “relationship of trust and esteem,” that positive race relations may have progressed further if the pro-slavery South had won the war, and that Lee, despite being a slave-owner himself, “never held any animosity for blacks.”

After goes on:
The fact was (and is) easily demonstrable that, taken as a whole, there is no question that blacks in this country, slavery notwithstanding, were “immeasurably better off” in nearly every way [than they were in Africa].

In Lee’s view, however, emancipation could only be accomplished successfully if it was gradual. Time was needed for the sanctifying effects of Christianity to work on the black race and fit its people for freedom. [...]

Abolitionism was not the best answer.
The idea that the relationships between white slave owners and black slaves were not founded on racial animosity has no basis in history. Whites viewed themselves as inherently superior to blacks, who were bought and sold as property and, for population counts, were worth only three-fifths of a white person. The idea that sanctifying blacks through Christianity made them “immeasurably better off” than they would have been in Africa, meanwhile, ignores the utter loss of humanity caused by enslavement. It ignores the untold number of blacks who died on slave ships, the sale of blacks at auctions as if they were livestock, the families split up at an owner’s whim, and the loss of all basic human rights, not least of which was their own free will.

Bachmann has a history of using slavery analogies, and she has made multiple mistakes regarding American history already in her campaign. None, however, is nearly as disturbing as her love for a book that attempts to explain away the horrors of slavery by rewriting history to make it seem like it was a minor price to pay for the sanctifying favors whites did blacks by bringing them to America as slaves.

Last edited:

Gunner

Support BGOL
Registered

As Rome burns this is your concern?

No wonder the unemployment rate is 16%. White liberal elites screw you guys over because they know emotional issues like race is the only thing you guys have a real opinion on. It is so obvious:D. If you had any real investments besides sneakers you would be concerned. Why should any politician speak to a black audience on any other topic.