Ay Dallas! Show me what you got!

dat_cartel_boi

Semi Lurker
Registered
Live music spots, non-kiddie clubs, restaurants, and anything nice that the city has to offer. I recently visited and I was really impressed with Dallas.

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
for club events check out these sites
partychaser.com
dallasblack.com

for live events/resturants check out
www.dallasobserver.com

here is the real issue with dallas when it comes to clubs and events...no venue stays in business long...for a couple of months one spot might be hot...then all of a sudden it will shut down...then folks move on to the next place...your best bet is to look at the websites/listen to the radio to find the featured events

if you are into happy hours dallas has a few good spots my personal favs include: blue goose cantina, papadeauxs, blue mesa grill, bennihanna's, beamer's, carson's, and chaucer's

jwilliam85

Rising Star
Registered
for club events check out these sites
partychaser.com
dallasblack.com

for live events/resturants check out
www.dallasobserver.com

here is the real issue with dallas when it comes to clubs and events...no venue stays in business long...for a couple of months one spot might be hot...then all of a sudden it will shut down...then folks move on to the next place...your best bet is to look at the websites/listen to the radio to find the featured events

if you are into happy hours dallas has a few good spots my personal favs include: blue goose cantina, papadeauxs, blue mesa grill, bennihanna's, beamer's, carson's, and chaucer's

Don't forget Taco Diner in West Village and Kona Grill at North Park.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
valuable info fam good lookin out

It is just another American City, whose reputation is bigger when you are far away and have not had a chance to inspect it for yourself. This is not Miami, or New York...and most regular places are closed at 2 on the dot.. The strip clubs, though, can be a little bit on the permissive side, letting you get away with more, especially if the are owned by Burch Management (cac clubs); the Black titty bars come and go; all the ones you will hear about (DGs, Onyx, Peeping Toms etc), are cac owned and tend to have the restrictiveness of a jail. The cacs earnestly believe black people are criminals and simply do not allow a damn thing in their black themed titty bars. In cac clubs, I find condoms on the floors, have been offered head, pussy, ass each time I have stepped in...

The Live music scene used to be around Deep Ellum, haven't been there in years; cacs also have clubs in Addison, which claims to have a higher density of clubs and restaurants than NYC has... Either way, the same bullshit Texas rules apply and at 2 on the spot, everything closes.

If you want me to rank all the titty bars in Dallas, let me know..

AlexanderNevermind

Star
Registered
It is just another American City, whose reputation is bigger when you are far away and have not had a chance to inspect it for yourself. This is not Miami, or New York...and most regular places are closed at 2 on the dot.. The strip clubs, though, can be a little bit on the permissive side, letting you get away with more, especially if the are owned by Burch Management (cac clubs); the Black titty bars come and go; all the ones you will hear about (DGs, Onyx, Peeping Toms etc), are cac owned and tend to have the restrictiveness of a jail. The cacs earnestly believe black people are criminals and simply do not allow a damn thing in their black themed titty bars. In cac clubs, I find condoms on the floors, have been offered head, pussy, ass each time I have stepped in...

The Live music scene used to be around Deep Ellum, haven't been there in years; cacs also have clubs in Addison, which claims to have a higher density of clubs and restaurants than NYC has... Either way, the same bullshit Texas rules apply and at 2 on the spot, everything closes.

rank em

dat_cartel_boi

Semi Lurker
Registered

yeah they are pretty strict on that 2 o'clock closing. I just recently visited. soon as stepped out of the club the police was on everybody ass so I couldnt even really "parking lot pimp."

But yeah, Im from detroit. So almost any city seems good right now. Dallas seems like a good place to raise a family at. After a couple months my daughter and her mother will be moving down with me so....

jwilliam85

Rising Star
Registered
i heard kona grill has a nice reverse happy hour

have u been to either one? what r the specials and vibe?

Been to both. Kona is cool but I like Taco Diner because after you eat and drink you can hit the underground lounge next door.

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
Been to both. Kona is cool but I like Taco Diner because after you eat and drink you can hit the underground lounge next door.

what are the specials?

is the west village taco diner location u are talking about the one off northwest hwy and preston?

jwilliam85

Rising Star
Registered
what are the specials?

is the west village taco diner location u are talking about the one off northwest hwy and preston?

I don't know the specials but west village is off of 75 on Lemon St. PM for all other inquires. :cool:

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member
icon5.gif

ULuVeMyStYLe

Potential Star
Registered
Not sure if this had been answered already. But what the best strip clubs out here with the thickest dancers. Strip clubs where lap dances aren't $20 each and you can get the most for your money in VIP. I've been to Onyx but thier only topless..

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bump! I'll be in Dallas in mid March. Good looking out on the link. ^^ :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dat_cartel_boi

Semi Lurker
Registered
Not sure if this had been answered already. But what the best strip clubs out here with the thickest dancers. Strip clubs where lap dances aren't $20 each and you can get the most for your money in VIP. I've been to Onyx but thier only topless..

I'm super late, but only strip clubs I go to from time to time is DG's and Black Orchid. Black Orchid has a few decent looking hoodrats and it's byob.

Anybody know what going on final 4 weekend?

I'm trying to figure that out myself. I know Friday is a free event at AT&T stadium. They're having events like dunk contest and a all star game.

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
www.blacksindallas.com

events
http://fusicology.com/cityhome/?c=DAL&native_city

events'soul r&b
http://sandaga813.com/events/

african american museum
http://www.aamdallas.org/

african food
http://yembol.com/menu-category/food-menu/

african american rest
http://www.sonnybryans.com/

bed and breakfast
Alla's Historical Bed and Breakfast, Spa and Cabana Dallas Texas.
www.allasbandb.com

theatres
African American Repertory Theater
www.aareptheater.com/
DALLAS, TEXAS - The African American Repertory Theater (AART) is pleased to announce its seventh season line up. AART will produce four award-winning ...
African American Repertory Theater
shop.aareptheater.com/
Google+ page · Be the first to review
211 E Pleasant Run Rd, DeSoto, TX 75115
(972) 572-0998
The Black Academy of Arts and Letters | Facility Information
www.tbaal.org/facilityinfo.html
The Black Academy of Arts and Letters
Location in Dallas Convention Center Theatre Complex; 250,000 square feet of ... showcases photos of area African Americans from the late 1970s to 1980s.
African American Repertory Theater - Dallas, Texas ...
https://www.facebook.com/AfricanAmericanRepertoryTheater
African American Repertory Theater, Dallas, Texas. 1593 likes · 10 talking about this · 9 were here. Producing engaging, culturally diverse theater from...
African American Theatre Companies

Last edited:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Props, Marcvoi!!!!

Already hit up Sonny's. Went to another spot called Rudy's.

Hit up the Ross Perot Museum and a few other local spots.

Looking forward to checking some of the other places posted.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Am back in Dallas. Going to that AAM of Dallas tomorrow morning. May just see what's up in a local Downtown bar.