LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I gotta watch it now...my folks was raving about this shit said you was hooked from the start...and they not really sci-fi ppl like that...they said the 3D effect was ill...I'm really pissed that they are not marketing the bluray as 3D... :hmm:

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
its going to easily hit 800mil when they re-release it in imax theaters

they only took it out of the imax's since alice and wonderland needed the theaters

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
them numbers are fucking surreal! You think he'll ever make a movie with a budget so damn big that it'll be impossible to profit from it?:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

who knows????

whatever that dude touches turns into gold

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

who knows????

whatever that dude touches turns into gold

we know who is going to be #1 on the earnings list for 2010 for Hollywood... Mofo even gonnn have Oprah looking like damn... nowTHAT muthafucka made coin this year....

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
them numbers are fucking surreal! You think he'll ever make a movie with a budget so damn big that it'll be impossible to profit from it?:lol:

They were saying the same thing about Titanic, he blew that out of the box with Avatar, dude is just a great film maker and he will make something else that does very well.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
avatar was a decent movie and all but thirty percent of the box office totals are the extra charges for the 3d version.

totally inflated perception.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
avatar was a decent movie and all but thirty percent of the box office totals are the extra charges for the 3d version.

totally inflated perception.

2.7 and .70 = 1.9 Billion.... even still the movie is a monster..

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn't it take almost a year for Titanic to be B.O. king. This joint here did it in a matter of months. Dude sure knows how to hype a movie.

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
pretty much....Titanic sold more tickets...still pretty good movie though

If we goin that route, i remember watching or reading something that said if we were doing "Tickets Sold" that the movie "Gone With The Wind" would've destroyed all of these

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
If we goin that route, i remember watching or reading something that said if we were doing "Tickets Sold" that the movie "Gone With The Wind" would've destroyed all of these

i remember reading that Disney's "Snow White" has the all time tickets sold record.

but you and others raise a good point.

these inflated ass ticket prices is why these movies keep doing 'better gross.' it is fairly difficult to find out total ticket sales for movies. the media rarely talks about that. i wonder why that is????????? :rolleyes:

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i remember reading that Disney's "Snow White" has the all time tickets sold record.

these inflated ass ticket prices is why these movies keep doing 'better gross.' it is fairly difficult to find out total ticket sales for movies. the media rarely talks about that. i wonder why that is????????? :rolleyes:

I did a quick search and found this but the article is old as hell..lol

Code:
According to the Best Digest Website, the movie that sold the most
number of tickets was “Gone with the Wind”. This movie sold
283,100,000 admission tickets.

Each sold movie ticket is considered an "admission

==============================================
Movie                              Admissions
1 Gone with the Wind               283,100,000 
2 Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs    225,300,000 
3 Star Wars Fox                    176,900,000 
4 E.T.                             158,000,000 
5 101 Dalmatians                   143,100,000 
6 Bambi                            140,800,000 
7 Titanic                          130,900,000 
8 Jaws Universal                   128,600,000 
9 The Sound of Music               119,300,000
10 The Ten Commandments            117,800,000 

Source: Best Digest Website.
http://www.bestdigest.com/movies/bo/alltime_inflationadjusted.htm

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

143njic.jpg