All my BGOL chefs, I need an REAL rice and peas recipe.

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor
Can anyone help? These websites have the bootleg recipe. I need thee real ting. Or maybe a roti recipe. :cool:

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just my recipe how I do it (for a quick cook), but use Google, find a recipe, and tweak it.

1 can of Coconut milk
1 can Red kidney beans
Parboiled rice
Season to taste
Some butter.

Pour coconut milk in pot along with the kidney beans, and add teaspoon of butter.
Bring to a boil, and add the rice.
Season to taste accordingly.

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor
Just my recipe how I do it (for a quick cook), but use Google, find a recipe, and tweak it.

1 can of Coconut milk
1 can Red kidney beans
Parboiled rice

Season to taste
Some butter.

Pour coconut milk in pot along with the kidney beans, and add teaspoon of butter.
See I use red beans. and add thyme.
:lol: I have this one. It t fucked me up with the water. It says one amount but dont call for anymore. And the rice came out dry as hell!
I don't do dreds their against my belief system. Use google and search damn.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bksoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

1 can of Coconut milk
1 can Red kidney beans
Parboiled rice
Season to taste
Some butter.

nah son you gotta boil the beans first to extract the flavor. do this in a seperate pot that you are going to cook the rice. when the beans start floating to the top freely and the water is a dark brown strain the beans but keep the water. then in the pot where you are going to combine everything you need scallions, parsley and a few other spices. lil oil bring everything to a sizzle. dump the cooked strained beans in the pot stiring freely until the beans take the flavor of the spices. then dump the saved water and bring to a boil. add rice and cook then add about 2 1/2 cups of coconut milk restir the rice and then let cook and settle.

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor
nah son you gotta boil the beans first to extract the flavor. do this in a seperate pot that you are going to cook the rice. when the beans start floating to the top freely and the water is a dark brown strain the beans but keep the water. then in the pot where you are going to combine everything you need scallions, parsley and a few other spices. lil oil bring everything to a sizzle. dump the cooked strained beans in the pot stiring freely until the beans take the flavor of the spices. then dump the saved water and bring to a boil. add rice and cook then add about 2 1/2 cups of coconut milk restir the rice and then let cook and settle.

See!! bringing out the chefs now!!

H.A.N

Banned
:yes: Yeah, he a big boy! He look official!! Good looking:dance:

You need that anti America food. :smh: Yeah I don't have the type of hair to get dreds. My hair isn't naturally that type. That would go against all things I hold scared. I fix the kitchen sink, change the Mrs oil and don't get dirty.

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nice info. :yes:

My recipe I posted is for a quick cook during the week if I do not feel like spending a lot of time, but your info is very useful, and I'll try it my next go around.

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor
You need that anti America food. :smh: Yeah I don't have the type of hair to get dreds. My hair isn't naturally that type. That would go against all things I hold scared. I fix the kitchen sink, change the Mrs oil and don't get dirty.

:lol::lol: Nah, I like variety. Yesterday I had fajitas. today Jamaican. this why I miss NY. The selection was always @ arm reach!

bksoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice info. :yes:

My recipe I posted is for a quick cook during the week if I do not feel like spending a lot of time, but your info is very useful, and I'll try it my next go around.

No doubt it always on point my grandma thought it to me. I forgot to list thge spices but you can flavor to taste and let a scotch bonnet chill in the pot but be careful dont let it pop.

marca

Rising Star
OG Investor
try this

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pbw5nZQSto4?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No doubt it always on point my grandma thought it to me. I forgot to list thge spices but you can flavor to taste and let a scotch bonnet chill in the pot but be careful dont let it pop.

Nothing will beat grandma's old recipe. :yes:

Scotch bonnet ain't nothing to fuck with :smh::D

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He is using canned beans..you can't boil them or they gonna get mushy.

He must be in a hurry to be using canned beans but to each their own.

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is using canned beans..you can't boil them or they gonna get mushy.

He must be in a hurry to be using canned beans but to each their own.

Yes. A quick weeknight meal. And you are right. This is why I bring it to a boil in the coconut milk.

H.A.N

Banned
http://www.cuisinenoirmag.com/recipe...gus-a-scallops LINK here.

Its a good comfort food dish. Something you can make on the weekend and lay around the house watching movies.

225.jpg

Parmesan Risotto with Asparagus & Scallops
Recipe by cookingyummies.com/

Servings: 4

Ingredients

6 cups chicken broth (homemade if possible)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb. asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-2″ ‘pieces
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon minced shallots
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine (hot)
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives or green onions
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
12 scallops
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

Place the chicken broth in a saucepan, over medium heat.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large saute pan, over medium heat. Add the asparagus, salt and pepper and saute for about about 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
Place asparagus in a bowl and set aside.
In the same pan, add the remaining oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook until translucent (roughly 4 minutes).

Add the rice and stir until every grain is coated in oil.
Add the wine to the pan and stir until completely absorbed.
Add the hot broth in 1/2 cup increments. Simmer and stir often until the liquid is almost completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 of cup. This process should take about 45 minutes.

For the scallops, place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Lightly season scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to the pan cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in asparagus, spinach, chives, parmesan and top with 3 scallops (optional sprinkle of paprika). All done!

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor
http://www.cuisinenoirmag.com/recipe...gus-a-scallops LINK here.

Its a good comfort food dish. Something you can make on the weekend and lay around the house watching movies.

225.jpg

Parmesan Risotto with Asparagus & Scallops
Recipe by cookingyummies.com/

Servings: 4

Ingredients

6 cups chicken broth (homemade if possible)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb. asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-2″ ‘pieces
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon minced shallots
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine (hot)
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives or green onions
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
12 scallops
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

Place the chicken broth in a saucepan, over medium heat.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large saute pan, over medium heat. Add the asparagus, salt and pepper and saute for about about 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
Place asparagus in a bowl and set aside.
In the same pan, add the remaining oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook until translucent (roughly 4 minutes).

Add the rice and stir until every grain is coated in oil.
Add the wine to the pan and stir until completely absorbed.
Add the hot broth in 1/2 cup increments. Simmer and stir often until the liquid is almost completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 of cup. This process should take about 45 minutes.

For the scallops, place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Lightly season scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to the pan cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in asparagus, spinach, chives, parmesan and top with 3 scallops (optional sprinkle of paprika). All done!
I fucks with this too playa!! Never had this per say, but I am a veggie eater. Plus seafood and fish:itsawrap: Bookmarking this right here. :yes:

H.A.N

Banned
I fucks with this too playa!! Never had this per say, but I am a veggie eater. Plus seafood and fish:itsawrap: Bookmarking this right here. :yes:

Yeah I always messed with it. I made a lobster Risotto for the Mrs for our picnic date in the local park. She loved with a nice glass of Pinot Grigio.

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor
Sweet Balsamic Orange Chicken with Basmati Brown Rice (Cooking with Carolyn)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlcEUGW2vjM

http://www.foodnetwork.com/big-daddys-house/video/index.html

Click the link and watch the show pilot video.

Its a Jerk steak with honey glazed plantations over collard greens.

:yes:
See, its all about ideas. I been cooking for years and what you cook is usually what you eat. I like new foods as well as good food. Something healthy but yet still taste good and not make you feel guilty of the content. Keep dropping them playa! :yes: