Accra, Ghana: You ever been?

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm thinking about taking a trip there next month. Can anyone put me up on the local attractions, customs, nightlife, etc?

Ziongate

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have. It's a nice place, Nice people sometimes too patronizing to foreigners
I haven't been back in the last 8 years so I can't be of much help in terms of where the current hip spots are.
One thing though, you'll have fun anywhere you go.

nyc2atl4life

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking about taking a trip there next month. Can anyone put me up on the local attractions, customs, nightlife, etc?

Yo....been there 8x, got 2 brothers that live there (Tema and Cape Coast) and my wife is Ghanian. Generally, everything previously said in this thread is true! You want more specifics? Feel free to ask or PM me. This should help as well.....
http://www.info-ghana.com/

DiamondKutta

Supernova
BGOL Investor
I went summer of 2012 for 18 nights. It was awesome to say the least. Accra is HUGE. I visited 5 separate regions from Accra north and east towards Togo.

Check out Labadi pleasure beach........I think I spelled it correct. Tourists from all over there.

Also, sight seeing is incredible. I visited the final earthly resting place of W. E. B. Dubois, the Ashanti royal palace, the Dr. Kwame Nkrumah memorial, and the various castles set up by foreign invaders and evil tyrants among other locations.

You will be shocked by the amount of large homes and nice cars you will see there. Their soccer stadium is gigantic. Which is the home of the Black Stars soccer club. The parade grounds are cool although the guards/military/police are assholes if you don't tip them when you take pictures. Ha.

Plenty of bars, places to eat, beautiful women, and mosquitoes too. Don't forget your bug spray family. You will surely need it early morning then from dusk on. Trust, my legs were like Braille after the 1st night out.

I'll post a few pics of my trip a bit later........

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I went summer of 2012 for 18 nights. It was awesome to say the least. Accra is HUGE. I visited 5 separate regions from Accra north and east towards Togo.

Check out Labadi pleasure beach........I think I spelled it correct. Tourists from all over there.

Also, sight seeing is incredible. I visited the final earthly resting place of W. E. B. Dubois, the Ashanti royal palace, the Dr. Kwame Nkrumah memorial, and the various castles set up by foreign invaders and evil tyrants among other locations.

You will be shocked by the amount of large homes and nice cars you will see there. Their soccer stadium is gigantic. Which is the home of the Black Stars soccer club. The parade grounds are cool although the guards/military/police are assholes if you don't tip them when you take pictures. Ha.

Plenty of bars, places to eat, beautiful women, and mosquitoes too. Don't forget your bug spray family. You will surely need it early morning then from dusk on. Trust, my legs were like Braille after the 1st night out.

was there last summer. I could live there. beautiful people. hit up the spots mentioned here. I also saw the slavery museum and the big opera house.

malaria is real, keep bug spray.

enjoy

J.E.T.S

Rising Star
Registered
Yo....been there 8x, got 2 brothers that live there (Tema and Cape Coast) and my wife is Ghanian. Generally, everything previously said in this thread is true! You want more specifics? Feel free to ask or PM me. This should help as well.....

One of my exes graduated from cape coast university. She does radiology out Gwinnett Medical last I heard.

Any Ghanaian will also tell you that if you're American visiting Accra. They will be choosing...

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
if you want someone to drive you around while there, get in touch with my boy "Crepe Joe" he knows the whole Ghana like the back of his hand. He drives me and the family around whenever we go. his number is 011-233-24-914-1895
and also my brother in law, Wayne, can also show you around. his number is 011-233-24-143-3342. just tell them kay gave you their contact info. of course you're gonna have to pay for Joe's time chauffering you around and also you might have to break him off a lil sumn sumn.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
if you want someone to drive you around while there, get in touch with my boy "Crepe Joe" he knows the whole Ghana like the back of his hand. He drives me and the family around whenever we go. his number is 011-233-24-914-1895
and also my brother in law, Wayne, can also show you around. his number is 011-233-24-143-3342. just tell them kay gave you their contact info. of course you're gonna have to pay for Joe's time chauffering you around and also you might have to break him off a lil sumn sumn.

:cheers:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One of my exes graduated from cape coast university. She does radiology out Gwinnett Medical last I heard.

Any Ghanaian will also tell you that if you're American visiting Accra. They will be choosing...

Please expound on this?! :cool:

PussyMan

Rising Star
OG Investor
Please expound on this?! :cool:

I lived and worked in Ghana for 3.5 yrs so i know my subject: Women

In Ghana it amazes me when i hear of anyone buying sex!! It is free!! given with pleasure , if you keep off the well beaten night club scene. Every Ghanaian girls dream is to catch a man from the western world. any new man in town is targeted. and it is beaten on the drums when you arrive.

I was assigned my bungalow and within 8 hours had hordes of females outside, well 22 to be exact, all sitting on my fence. When I opened my door all heads turned and it was as easy as pointing to one or whatever, and in they came. as easy as picking berries in autumn. good ones too, not pros. changing women was easier than getting a shower. The prob is getting rid of them afterwards as all want to stay permanent. No money exchanged at all, all 8/10 +.

To hold a party meant telling one girl and too many turned up. So I am somehow staggered when I hear people saying they paid?? Remember I am no film star and am the wrong side of 50 but the girls dont care as long as they see the slightest chance of getting out of ghana and into uk or usa or where ever you come from. Kumasi-Takaradi- Tamale-Navrongo-- you name it is so easy.

In fairness I will agree if you are on a little visit to Accra and go to a night club then you get the same types as are seen all over the world but the real Africa is outside the city as cities are cities anywhere.

Posted by anonymous here http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?863-Ghana/page243

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

Man what's the cost of houses there like?

:lol: Damn like that? They say more vitamin B in your blood keeps the mosquitoes off you.

Question about finding rooms for rent are their any apartments or flats for rent there at good rates? I don't want to stay in a hotel. I usually find renting a place for a few days to be cheaper and better for my traveling experience.

Through ancestrydna.com, I just found out my origin is Ghana. Definitely going to go, one day.
Congrats that's dope.
That's gotta feel awesome.
Knowing that you are a descendant attached to thousands of years of history and culture.

nyc2atl4life

Potential Star
BGOL Investor

I am currently building a 4 bedroom/4 bath crib there. You can build a decent crib for about $20,000. The issue is purchasing land!! Veeeerrrrryyyy slipper slope!!! That's where most people get JERKED......including locals/Ghanaians!

nyc2atl4life

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
That's good.

What's up with that? Government doing that imminent domain shit?

There are sooooooo many possible "hands" that could be associated with a land sale. You have to make sure you are dealing with the proper, family member, Chief, etc. or you will end up paying for you land numerous times, to numerous people and still likely lose/not own the land. Sidenote: As a Diasporian you can NOT own land! you are buying a 50 year lease......if you don't get jerked!!

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor

:lol: Damn like that? They say more vitamin B in your blood keeps the mosquitoes off you.

Question about finding rooms for rent are their any apartments or flats for rent there at good rates? I don't want to stay in a hotel. I usually find renting a place for a few days to be cheaper and better for my traveling experience.

Congrats that's dope.
That's gotta feel awesome.
Knowing that you are a descendant attached to thousands of years of history and culture.

man I fucking hate this new format of the site. sighs. anyways, mello, to answer your question about renting vs staying in a telly, I can't really answer to that because I am from there. I got family there so I never have to rent a hotel room. I mean the last time I was down with the family we did stay at labadi beach hotel and the golden tulip but that was just because we wanted to stay close to the beach for a few days. and yes it's expensive. only thing I can say to you is, perhaps, you should call my boy Wayne up, whose number I posted up above. Wayne is businessman down there with his hands in just about everything.......he can hook you up with something and not rip you off if you tell him Kay referred you

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
man I fucking hate this new format of the site. sighs. anyways, mello, to answer your question about renting vs staying in a telly, I can't really answer to that because I am from there. I got family there so I never have to rent a hotel room. I mean the last time I was down with the family we did stay at labadi beach hotel and the golden tulip but that was just because we wanted to stay close to the beach for a few days. and yes it's expensive. only thing I can say to you is, perhaps, you should call my boy Wayne up, whose number I posted up above. Wayne is businessman down there with his hands in just about everything.......he can hook you up with something and not rip you off if you tell him Kay referred you

Yeah the new format takes some getting use to. Alright cool. Thanks Will do. I'm not trying to pay exorbant prices just to rent a hotel if I can rent a house or condo.