5 Types of “Conscious” Black People To Avoid If You Want To Grow

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
http://www.kaperville.com/5-types-of-conscious-black-people-to-avoid/

5 Types of “Conscious” Black People To Avoid If You Want To Grow

599431_707461199272258_1888087154_n-620x264.jpg

It is my theory that the black conscious community is nothing more than a “thought trap”. Let me explain. There are few genuine thinkers and too many mindless followers. The so called conscious community is populated by individuals promoting and defending ideologies instead of pushing the boundaries of what they know and believe to bring us to a place where we can unite beyond labels. The community has become like any other religion or belief system- no thought required.

black-church.jpg

There are more people talking about what we should be doing in our communities than there are doing anything to help our communities. There are too many people asking for solutions than there are people being those solutions we need. The black conscious community will be the first to attack you for thinking outside the box, which is why I described it as a thought trap. It has become the new religion for people who have walked away from the old religions. However, like the old religions, it too has become a prison for the thinking mind.

Just like in any “ism”, to be accepted in the black conscious community, you have to think, believe, and regurgitate the same old information that everyone else does…oh and say hotep at the beginning and end of every conversation. You have to be in lock step with the masses, or you will be made to feel that there is something wrong with you. You don’t fit because you have the audacity to think something that has not been approved by the Board of Black Conscious Thought…if there is such an organization.

It wasn’t until I began to disassociate myself from the black con-science community that I began to think. And, it was not until I stopped caring about what the black con-science community thought of me that I began to expand. Just like in any school, as a seeker, your goal is to advance to the next level. In the con- science community, you are not advancing if you are just repeating the same information, and tearing down those who are at least trying to push the conversation forward. Think for yourself. Don’t get stuck. There is always more.

Here are a few people I’ve encountered on my journey, and suggest you avoid:

The Debater

This person is not about accomplishing anything; they live to argue, and to have people applaud their ability to spew useless facts. They get off by arguing points that really don’t mean anything. What we should call ourselves. Who discovered what. What religion black people should be. Who really built the pyramids. Are we Moors. What kind of socks did Marcus Garvey wear. It really doesn’t matter to them. Their goal is to debate, refute, and counter everything and anything you say, all while accomplishing nothing. You could say something as simple as “water is wet” and they will start debating about how dry ice was invented by the black man in a secret chamber under the Great Pyramid in 1100B.C. Avoid these people. You can’t win their game because their game is to get you to respond to them so they can keep talking. While you are talking in circles trying to prove your point…what are you doing? Drop your knowledge, then walk away. I call that “The Grenade”.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-13-at-11.37.52-PM.png

The Regurgitator

This person in incapable of forming an original thought. They are just happy to be a part of something. They simply regurgitate information that they have read or heard from someone else. Usually, it’s information THAT WE ALREADY KNOW! This person will not dig or do original research to present the community with something new. Nope. That’s waaaay too much work for the regurgitator. They get off by telling us over and over and over again how the Bible was created at the Council of Nicea. Just pat them on the head, tell them “thank you”, then walk away.

7-Hebrewisrealites_MichaelPremo_Final-4246-1024x682.jpg

The One Upper

These are the worst. No matter what you say, this person has to “one up” you. You could say you have been a vegan for 10 years. That means nothing, because they have been a vegan for 15 and can tell you how to do it better. If you’ve read 100 books, they’ve read 1000. Do yourself a favor. Just walk away.

babbleoneupper.png

The Small Axe

This is the most dangerous, and counter productive. No matter what you say or do, this person has to find something wrong with it, then proceed to tear you down. Recently, Kaperville started a program in which we use resources, donated by our members, to provide food and clothing for Haitian children. That’s not good enough for the Small Axe. A Small Axe suggested that instead of giving them food, we should be teaching them how to provide their own food. That’s a great idea, Small Axe! You should come here, and do what you suggested. Naturally, the Small Axe will not. The only job of a Small Axe is to cut down whatever YOU are doing. These are special people. I suggest you RUN away from them. They will cause you to have doubts about what you are doing. Keyword #DOING!

Here Comes The HOTEPper

These people are hilarious. Hotep, Brother. Hotep, Sister. Ase. Ase. Ok, what other words do you know besides Hotep and Ase? How do you say, “learn a few more words of ancient Egyptian” in ancient Egyptian? If you are going to speak a language, go all out. Learn more than two words. Do these people realize that most of us are of West African descent? Why not say, “I Ni Ce”. That would make more sense, because if you are going to fake like you know a language, the least you can do is choose one that was most likely spoken by your ancestors. I’m going to learn to speak ancient Egyptian, and the next person that says “hotep” to me, I’m going to talk to them for 5 minutes straight as if they understand every word I’m saying. Why would I assume otherwise? They did say “Hotep”, right? FYI, There is a reason why Egypt is promoted. Think about it. Everytime someone says “Hotep” to me, this song pops in my head. Here comes the HOTEPper.

In conclusion, THINK for yourself! Avoid “group-think”. Expand your boundaries. If the masses of people disagree with you, then you might be doing something right. Have a nice day…and Hotep.

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
"The campaign to keep the negroes divided is going well."

-White Supremacy

The article has nothing to do with that. It's just saying stop putting yourself in a box or demanding others to put themselves in a box. Just think for yourself basically and enjoy what you enjoy. A lot of these types want to tell you you're not "Black" for one trivial reason or another and are the first to actually follow that statement you just quoted.​

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
"The campaign to keep the negroes divided is going well."

-White Supremacy

Well, I tell you what, I'm not against group think, but I am against joining a collective cats I'm not on the same wavelength with. That's a recipe for disaster. And I swear every conscious collective I've experienced has internal beef . . . . just like the black church.

The article mentioned the Hotepers. I think it's important to learn about Ancient Egypt as a part of Black History, because IT IS. Truth is, Blacks in America had their culture ripped away, so we've lost connection. Many of us just want to reclaim it. And further, West Africans are descendants of Kemet.

II Dxnum

Rising Star
Registered
I'm interested in seeing this same author put together a list of 5 types of conscious people you should build with.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
I have questions

What's this group thing about? is that being concerned and taking care of your community? helping ur own kind?

What is the box? is the box helping your fellow black people?

What is a BOX? How is it being used here?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is some ignorant shit. West Africans can't claim Egypt, yet white people can claim the science, the religion, the architecture, mathematics from Egypt?

Straight separation tactics.

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Again, people missing the point.​
In conclusion, THINK for yourself! Avoid “group-think”. Expand your boundaries.

I haven't been in too many debates with these groups but when I do, they tend to want to tear you down for the most ridiculous shit, on some "Why you listen to rock!? The DEVILS music, what kinda black man are you!?". LOL

It has nothing to do with not recognizing your worth as a Black American or not getting involved with black matters, you can see the writers other articles. This article is tagged as "Humor" as well, but it's no surprise that so many of y'all are immediately taking offense without thinking first. Yes there's moments of seriousness but the settle jabs aren't really meant to be taken much more sense than the clips posted in the article.​

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You 2 box dudes.

What's the box?

I put it right there in broad day, a category or label. Whether it be a militant, a thug, a hipster or a feminist...avoid putting yourself in a box/category. Enjoy life and as much as it has to offer without wondering if you should like it or not, all while letting others do the same without passing judgement or in this instance writing off the next brotha or sistas Blackness due to a difference in point of view or opinion...something I've seen done here done a million times over.​

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
all that fam together cant touch this douche

bag..

and cacs made him RICH to let you know they support the douche baggery..

glenn_beck_fox.jpg

All them folks speak more truth than this prick..

and this is who america decides to be the spokes person for delusional cacs...

I dont agree with everything brothers like polite say...

but I would listen to him way before I listen to a fuckin glenn beck...

so fuck all that!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

bag..

glenn_beck_fox.jpg

so fuck all that!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

bag..

glenn_beck_fox.jpg

so fuck all that!!

off topic but.

how many fuckin times to you have to hit submit for your fuckin post to show...

seriously wtf???

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

bag..

glenn_beck_fox.jpg

so fuck all that!!

off topic but.

seriously wtf???

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
The Debater

This person is not about accomplishing anything; they live to argue, and to have people applaud their ability to spew useless facts. They get off by arguing points that really don’t mean anything. What we should call ourselves. Who discovered what. What religion black people should be. Who really built the pyramids. Are we Moors. What kind of socks did Marcus Garvey wear. It really doesn’t matter to them. Their goal is to debate, refute, and counter everything and anything you say, all while accomplishing nothing. You could say something as simple as “water is wet” and they will start debating about how dry ice was invented by the black man in a secret chamber under the Great Pyramid in 1100B.C. Avoid these people. You can’t win their game because their game is to get you to respond to them so they can keep talking. While you are talking in circles trying to prove your point…what are you doing? Drop your knowledge, then walk away. I call that “The Grenade”.

Exhibits A and B:

tavis_smileycornel_west2011-med-wide.jpg

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
fuck outta here,
I dont agree with everything they say,

but I would listen to all of them before I listen

to this prick

4237646207_35wgaa_xlarge.jpeg

or this overly compensated retard

glenn_beck_fox.jpg

give me bro polight all day ere day over this fuckin pig...

Rush-Limbaugh-and-Balthazar-Funny-Look-Alikes.jpg

I aint never seen a thread dissing these faggots..

ONE STAR for being dishonest and biased!!!

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

bag..

glenn_beck_fox.jpg

so fuck all that!!

off topic but.

seriously wtf???

You said it, "the spokes person for delusional cacs" have their guys...

...and it looks like four times...four times to hit submit...

and I was one of the folks that gave it 5-stars.
:cool:

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
To judge whether any of the shit some of these guys say it needs to be measure against scholarly work. How well does it stand up against scrutiny of other intellectuals, historians, and scholars