24hrs on New Japan Airlines First Class | Asia - USA

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
$10K... Fuck. Economy is good enough for me. Flew from DC to Tokyo non stop on ANA mid week...14 hrs. My wife and I had the whole middle section/row. One thing to note, the plane had a 2-4-2 configuration (XX XXXX XX), so there was actually decent room in economy.

In contrast, i flew to Madrid on a 3-4-3 Air France configuration in economy :smh: . Never again! Seats tight as hell for 8 hrs. Upgraded to business on the way back. Seat/suite looked very similar (though not as wide) to the video ($500 upgrade).

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
$10K... Fuck. Economy is good enough for me. Flew from DC to Tokyo non stop on ANA mid week...14 hrs. My wife and I had the whole middle section/row. One thing to note, the plane had a 2-4-2 configuration (XX XXXX XX), so there was actually decent room in economy.

In contrast, i flew to Madrid on a 3-4-3 Air France configuration in economy :smh: . Never again! Seats tight as hell for 8 hrs. Upgraded to business on the way back. Seat/suite looked very similar (though not as wide) to the video ($500 upgrade).
I’m spoiled flying business class and visiting the first and business class lounges outside of the country. I can’t go back to coach.

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes
:yes:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
99% sure he booked that flight with credit card points.
If you know the right cards to get and how to book, you can get a flight like this with points and maybe a couple hundred dollars out of pocket.

RoomService

BGOL Investor
99% sure he booked that flight with credit card points.
If you know the right cards to get and how to book, you can get a flight like this with points and maybe a couple hundred dollars out of pocket.
AA miles are the best for booking international travel.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AA miles are the best for booking international travel.
I'm not particular to any specific airline, I like to transfer my Amex, Chase, and Capitol One points to whatever airline gets me the best deal or at least to an airline partner.

RoomService

BGOL Investor
I'm not particular to any specific airline, I like to transfer my Amex, Chase, and Capitol One points to whatever airline gets me the best deal or at least to an airline partner.
American is part of one world, and if you’re flying to Asia, some of the best airlines you can fly on are members of one world. The only problem with the Amex points is that British Airways is the only one world partner you can transfer to.

You can do a one-way business class flight from LAX to BKk Thailand for as little as 60,000 miles. I like taking Cathay Pacific or Japan Air and flying from LAX to Hong Kong and then to Thailand just to experience the business class setting for 24+ hours.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
American is part of one world, and if you’re flying to Asia, some of the best airlines you can fly on are members of one world. The only problem with the Amex points is that British Airways is the only one world partner you can transfer to.

You can do a one-way business class flight from LAX to BKk Thailand for as little as 60,000 miles. I like taking Cathay Pacific or Japan Air and flying from LAX to Hong Kong and then to Thailand just to experience the business class setting for 24+ hours.

Yeah, I signed up for an AA credit card a few months ago and got 75,000 points on their welcome offer.
The first year of the card is free, but it's $95/year after that. I'll probably cancel at that point.
I really just signed for the card to get the points on the welcome offer.

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah, I signed up for an AA credit card a few months ago and got 75,000 points on their welcome offer.
The first year of the card is free, but it's $95/year after that. I'll probably cancel at that point.
I really just signed for the card to get the points on the welcome offer.
Damn, that's tough 75,000 miles/pts. Shit, I thought I was doing sumtin with 60k a couple of yrs ago. I'm looking at that AA credit card after I close one of my unused lines of credit. With 75k in miles that's like 3-4 roundtrip flights.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, that's tough 75,000 miles/pts. Shit, I thought I was doing sumtin with 60k a couple of yrs ago. I'm looking at that AA credit card after I close one of my unused lines of credit. With 75k in miles that's like 3-4 roundtrip flights.
Bruh, there's a whole credit card game out there to be played that I just learned about within the past year.
The welcome offers are where it's at.
I got a welcome offer on my AMEX Business Platinum card for 150,000 points just last year.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ANA was the best airline I ever few on and it was economy.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
No way I’m flying 13 hours coach. I can’t even fly to NYC or Honolulu Coach. Fuck that

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No way I’m flying 13 hours coach. I can’t even fly to NYC or Honolulu Coach. Fuck that
The one curse about living in California. Going pretty much everywhere is a long flight. East coast is much better with flights.

I can get to DC/Caribbean/Canada/NYC/Mexico with 2-3 hour flights.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
The one curse about living in California. Going pretty much everywhere is a long flight. East coast is much better with flights.

I can get to DC/Caribbean/Canada/NYC/Mexico with 2-3 hour flights.
Depends. Hawaii from the East is 11 hours . Fuck that

johniz

Rising Star
Registered
Been to Philippines and Japan coach....not good but not terrible.

I grew up catching Greyhounds from FL to NYC>Montreal....that is real torture

Got upgraded to business class on a trip from Thailand to NYC..and yes, there is a difference. I took the blanket, slippers, etc., plus the seat was like a recliner