Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like last night's stunt only made the ratings worse :smh:
Still don't understand why Swerve didn't open the show and cut a promo as the new champ
Yes, there was NBA playoffs, hockey, pickleball tournament, the new 24-hour gas station down the street, yadda yadda yadda.....
Now watch, they'll blame Swerve for these low-ass ratings

None of this will be blamed on Swerve. It was a heavy playoff night. Look at the numbers as provided by Brandon Thurston. NBA pretty much dominated the night. Even Raw's ratings were down more than usual because of the Playoffs.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At this time of year it will be hard for wrestling in general to pop a great rating with NBA and NHL playoffs going on. Ratings will be down across the board. Honestly, I'll be happy when wrestling goes to streaming. That way you aren't dependance on an outdated Neilson rating system and fans can just focus on enjoying wrestling.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I don't care one iota about ratings but I do have a question for the AEW weekly ratings poster(s).

What have the WWE ratings been like over the last couple weeks? I know I haven't personally watched anything wrestling related since the Tribal Cheif laid down for the 3 count.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I don't care one iota about ratings but I do have a question for the AEW weekly ratings poster(s).

What have the WWE ratings been like over the last couple weeks? I know I haven't personally watched anything wrestling related since the Tribal Cheif laid down for the 3 count.
SMACKDOWN
Wrestlenomics is reporting that the April 19th episode garnered 2,333,000 million viewers and scored a 0.63 rating in the key 18 – 49 demographic.

In comparison to the previous week’s 0.76 demo rating and 2,499,000 million viewers, the numbers were down by 17.1% and 6.7% respectively.

The latest episode marked the lowest point for WWE SmackDown since the March 29th show, which drew a 0.60 demo rating and 2,201,000 million viewers.

RAW
1,597,000 viewers (P2+)
P18-49 rating: 0.52

Competition note: Raw was #3 for the day in P18-49, behind first-round NBA playoff games on TNT: Lakers vs. Nuggets (1.24 P18-49 rating; 3,615,000 total viewers) and Knicks vs. 76ers (0.95 P18-49; 2,945,000 total viewers).

P2+ comparisons:

This episode vs. last week (1,807,000): -12%

This episode vs. trailing four weeks (1,920,000): -17%

Current 2024-Q2 P2+ average (1,888,000) vs. 2023-Q2 (1,804,000): -2%

Current Apr 2024 P2+ average (1,888,000) vs. Apr 2023 (1,927,000): -2%

NXT which is the WWE g league
661,000 viewers. Viewership increased by 6% from last week’s show, which averaged 625,000 viewers. The episode that aired two weeks ago averaged 647,000 viewers.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Clearly you have taken offense to what I said about AEW. Being Mid card company. WCW light.
AEW is no where near perfect and the booking has been shit for months. I went from watching all 3 shows to now only watching Dynamite. It's not on par with WWE and it's never going to be. AEW is essentially PWG with a huge budget and a TV deal. Once again now that you know what AEW is and you're still watching it then you need to better manage your free time.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like last night's stunt only made the ratings worse :smh:
Still don't understand why Swerve didn't open the show and cut a promo as the new champ
Yes, there was NBA playoffs, hockey, pickleball tournament, the new 24-hour gas station down the street, yadda yadda yadda.....
Now watch, they'll blame Swerve for these low-ass ratings

Yeah that was weird. Willow got her little segment. Weird Swerve got nothing like he not the champ.

I give TK a little leeway for trying to do things differently then we see accustom to but for your champ not to have the first segment on the show with promo…..makes no sense.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of this will be blamed on Swerve. It was a heavy playoff night. Look at the numbers as provided by Brandon Thurston. NBA pretty much dominated the night. Even Raw's ratings were down more than usual because of the Playoffs.

NBA and AEW don’t even have the same demo do they?

drewmadara96

Star
BGOL Investor
AEW is no where near perfect and the booking has been shit for months. I went from watching all 3 shows to now only watching Dynamite. It's not on par with WWE and it's never going to be. AEW is essentially PWG with a huge budget and a TV deal. Once again now that you know what AEW is and you're still watching it then you need to better manage your free time.
Who said that I was watching the show.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Haven't watched wrestling most of the week (NBA playoffs) and only caught clips of Dynamite on Twitter. I know a lot of this was probably already covered, but here are few takes I had as I'm playing catch up....
  • Why wasn't Swerve booked better during Dynamite? Like seriously, you have your new champ come out and wrestle an ROH guy without giving him a presentation or promo but are waiting for Collision?

• Chris Jericho (of all people) had a dedicated promo, but not your top champion?

• Mercedes is horrible. Every time she's on screen it's cringy as fuck. And WHY is she going for the TBS title and not the top Women's title? Fuck it, why the hell does she even get an immediate title shot? Lolz

• Toni Storm....I still don't get her. If I were watching live, her character would have made me want to reach for my remote. It was interesting for a minute but it's just corny now and not in a fun way.

• I'm glad AEW is finally trying to do a legit storyline, but the whole nWo style program just looks like a poor ass imitation. ECW's bWo (Blue World Order) were more intimidating than The Elite. That "bump" TK took looked awful but I give hm credit for wearing the neck brace during the NFL draft.

• I saw the ratings of Dynamite's episode, didn't think they would be under 700K. Yes the playoffs (NBA and NHL) may have played a role but they have not shown any growth in their television or in person audiences, hopefully this Elite vs AEW storyline can help them....I don't have any faith in their booking though. No one tunes in for the YB. Hell no one tunes in for Okada, Ospreay or Mercedes.

Last edited:

drewmadara96

Star
BGOL Investor
Haven't watched wrestling most of the week (NBA playoffs) and only caught clips of Dynamite on Twitter. I know a lot of this was probably already covered, but here are few takes I had as I'm playing catch up....
  • Why wasn't Swerve booked better during Dynamite? Like seriously, you have your new champ come out and wrester an ROH guy without giving him a presentation or promo but are waiting for Collision?

• Chris Jericho (of all people) had a dedicated promo, but not your top champion?

• Mercedes is horrible. Every time she's on screen it's cringy as fuck. And WHY is she going for the TBS title and not the top Women's title? Fuck it, why the hell does she even get an immediate title shot? Lolz

• Toni Storm....I still don't get her. If I were watching live, her character would have made me want to reach for my remote. It was interesting for a minute but it's just corny now and not in a fun way.

• I'm glad AEW is finally trying to do a legit storyline, but the whole nWo style program just looks like a poor ass imitation. ECW's bWo (Blue World Order) were more intimidating than The Elite. That "bump" TK took looked awful but I give hm credit for wearing the neck brace during the NFL draft.

• I saw the ratings of Dynamite's episode, didn't think they would be under 700K. Yes the playoffs (NBA and NHL) may have played a role but they have not shown any growth in their television or in person audiences, hopefully this Elite vs AEW storyline can help them....I don't have any faith in their booking though. No one tunes in for the YB. Hell no one tunes in for Okada, Ospreay or Mercedes.
I agree with everything except Toni Storm. I think he is doing great.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

WWE ratings have been down since WM, but that's to be expected since the product was so hot going into WM.
The big difference is that WWE has their new TV deals already signed and are clearly not going anywhere.
AEW on the other hand still doesn't have a new TV deal, their TV ratings have been declining for MONTHS (if not years) now and they're still a new company.
Hopefully, AEW can turn things around soon because if they don't things may start getting dicey....

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
  • Why wasn't Swerve booked better during Dynamite? Like seriously, you have your new champ come out and wrestle an ROH guy without giving him a presentation or promo but are waiting for Collision?

I been asking it for months….i do not get this Toni Storm shit. I think she’s boring.