RIP Prodigy of Mobb Deep

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We all watched videos and listened to rap music growing up we all saw the yachts..private jets..100k cars..diamonds and platinum jewelry..let's be real..no inner city kids lived that life..we aspired to see that luxury one day and it motivated us to get money..but it wasn't our reality. Mobb deep came at it from our angle of life..the project benches..project staircases crossing rooftops getting chased by D's..the hoopties, the police,the chickenheads,the timbs, carharrt, Avirexes 40 inch chains, the cognacs and beer not Cristal. Beef guns knives, the drugs, corner stores, chicken spots, the after hours, club brawls going through other hoods and rival territory, the criminal courts, central booking,the island. Up north trips the inner city streets the shit kids in our age bracket grew up dealing with. The darkness of living in the hood. No rapper could bring it to you as vividly as Prodigy all while dropping hidden knowledge on us. Prodigy was one of a kind. Rest in paradise king..shoutouts to pshines aow for this quote

Jay Ringo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We all watched videos and listened to rap music growing up we all saw the yachts..private jets..100k cars..diamonds and platinum jewelry..let's be real..no inner city kids lived that life..we aspired to see that luxury one day and it motivated us to get money..but it wasn't our reality. Mobb deep came at it from our angle of life..the project benches..project staircases crossing rooftops getting chased by D's..the hoopties, the police,the chickenheads,the timbs, carharrt, Avirexes 40 inch chains, the cognacs and beer not Cristal. Beef guns knives, the drugs, corner stores, chicken spots, the after hours, club brawls going through other hoods and rival territory, the criminal courts, central booking,the island. Up north trips the inner city streets the shit kids in our age bracket grew up dealing with. The darkness of living in the hood. No rapper could bring it to you as vividly as Prodigy all while dropping hidden knowledge on us. Prodigy was one of a kind. Rest in paradise king..shoutouts to pshines aow for this quote

on the money! Damn what ever happened to that group Da Bushwackas?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I cannot believe this.

damn damn damn...

I was JUST talking about him.

My brand new baby girl was recently diagnosed with sickle cell disease...been tough.

but I've been getting a lot support especially with others on the board going through the same thing.

gonna make a dedicated thread. with info advice and help.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
DAMN!!!!

The sickle cell I assume...
I cant believe this shit man...

I was just a kid and I remember listening to that Infamous album and I felt smarter.

No bullshit. I would start writing out full pages worth of shit for days. This man and his team gave me an insight into wordplay similar to Nas but still SO much more potent and more violent. It went right into the style of screenplays I worked on and the realness was undeniable.

Matter fact, I STILL bump that album till this day.

Go with God brother...

oNE

Last edited:

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Prodigy & Mom

Prodigy & Daughter

Back in the day...it was MOP and Mobb Deep...in my ear drums

The beat on that first track...OMG I was hooked.. so Melodic and the drums .Playing that shit now.

Half my next bottle is getting poured out in the streets in honour. ..Dre Beats head noddin with a stogie in hand. Rest In Peace .

Last edited:

futureshock

Renegade of this atomic age
Registered
Old news, but I never knew this.....

Mobb Deep Rapper Prodigy Reveals Great-Great-Great-Grandfather Founded Morehouse College

Posted on July 19, 2012
by KollegeKidd Staff
rapper.jpg

Rapper Prodigy, of famed Queens, New York hip-hop group Mobb Deep, revealed some interesting details about his lineage.
Prodigy, born Albert Johnson, happens to be the great-great-great-grandson of the founder of Morehouse College William Jefferson White.

His great-great-great-grandfather, Prodigy explained, founded Morehouse in the basement of his Baptist Church.

Prodigy discovered this interesting fact after he “got older” when he “started doing research” for his book.

Prodigy came across another interesting fact.

His great-great-grandfather, Prodigy learned, also opened the first Post Office in Atlanta that was for African Americans.

“Before that, the black people had to travel 30 minutes out of their neighborhood to use the postal service,” he said.

Found in 1867, Morehouse College is one of the most renowned Historically Black College Universities in the country.

Morehouse alumni include, Spike Lee, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Samuel L. Jackson.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Prodigy was always underrated to me. He was one of the few NY rappers I would listen to no matter what because I knew he wouldn't drop off a wack verse.

Yo, the lost page of a wild rhyme writin nigga
P holds the pen tightly, explode nightly
I count on one finger all y'all rap niggaz that excite me
y'all niggaz is trash rap, want to fight me?
You shook to death, take breaths and step lightly
y'all little league niggaz is so bald they might be

spent too much time with wifey, come out to play
with the hard-headed

Take a walk jerk this ain't Levert, Sweat and Johnny Gill
This is rap for real, somethin you feel
You catch a chill when you hear the Mobb bang through your stereo
It's heavy metal for the black people, rock'n'roll
but it's hip-hop though, my drug music
It's thereapeutic to the user, you slam dance to it

That Sums up Prodigy to me in his own words

R.I.P.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His musical work ethic rivaled Tupac. I'll be looking forward to the hundreds of unreleased songs he has in the stash

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
man i been looking for my dam mobb cd all dam day ...

fuck...i`m a pack rat too...i dont throw shit away ...

it`s round here somewhere ...wtf...

:angry: