49ers

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yea those 2 sound good to me
Jed struck out with hiring a new head coach in Tomsula, so I feel Jed will go the complete opposite direction this time
I doubt he gets another rookie head coach, he will go after a known name this time...for better or for worse

I'm hearing:
Sean Payton
Mike Shanahan
Chip Kelly
Mike Holmgren (not so much)
Hue Jackson (Rooney rule, black head coach interview rule)

Payton is who I hear the most about right now, dolphins showing interest in him too.
Mike had a scheduled interview tomorrow but its postponed but they're talking on the phone.
Chip hasn't been in the conversation.
Holmgren either
Hue isn't a Rooney Rule interview for us, we already have one scheduled with the bills rb coach, he's the rooney rule interview hue is actually a legit candidate.

Payton makes the most sense. If we get him then the parcells transformation will be complete. Payton is a disciple. Baalke is a disciple and Mangini is a disciple.

We ain't hiring no bullshit this time though I know that for sure. Im proud of you guys who took jed to task he heard you loud and clear.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
If we are not going with Kaep, we may as well go back to our WCO roots draft Goff and roll the dice sticking to the program as long as possible with our fingers crossed..

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
If we are not going with Kaep, we may as well go back to our WCO roots draft Goff and roll the dice sticking to the program as long as possible with our fingers crossed..

its a waste of a pick.
we are going back to wco which kap is perfect for.
we need to draft a pass rusher and the defense is in effect totally fixed.
then we can throw that shit against the wall and hope one of the wr's steps up as dynamic to go with the rest of the offense
assuming we resign boone staley boone kilgore davis and brown is a pretty damn good offensive line and we can begin to do some shit.

we can get a qb in the later rounds SURE but you're not going to take a qb top 10 and then sit him for 3 years.
and my point is it don't matter who you think can be the qb for the 49ers we KNOW kap can take us to the super bowl. WE KNOW IT everyone else is a guess at best. get the pass rusher and the defensive line is studly

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Okay...we already interviewed our Rooney rule candidate
So since Sean Payton is staying with the Saints, he's out the picture
I think, if they really wanted Shanahan, they would have gave him the job already, so he's probably out
I'm not hearing much about Mike Holmgren, not even interviews, so he's probably out too
We did interview Chip Kelly...not sure how serious the 49ers are in picking him though

I am hearing a lot of buzz about Hue Jackson being the guy we want
I don't follow the Bengals or Raiders that much, but Hue looks to be a good hire
If he could make Andy Dalton look good...he should do wonders for Kap or Gabbert
Lets hope the Bengals are 1 & done, so we can hurry up & interview Hue Jackson

:cool::cool::cool:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Ok LBOP. We need you to head down to headquarters tomorrow and make sure Hue doesn't leave without a contract.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As of 12:00 noon eastern time...
Jed York & Trent Baalke have touched down in Cincy, & are about to interview Hue Jackson right now
They better not get on that plane back to San Francisco, unless that contract is signed

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I didn't know the interview was in Cincy. They are serious. Hopefully they do the right thing and offer that man the job.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I heard we already hire Hue Jackson for the job..is it true??

Unfortunately not true
Word is...
Hue interviewed with the 49ers this morning, then with the Brows later this afternoon
Then he also wants to interview with the NY Giants tomorrow

I think the 49ers fall back plan, is to hire Chip Kelly from the Eagles
I guess we will see what happens in the next day or so

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unfortunately not true
Word is...
Hue interviewed with the 49ers this morning, then with the Brows later this afternoon
Then he also wants to interview with the NY Giants tomorrow

I think the 49ers fall back plan, is to hire Chip Kelly from the Eagles
I guess we will see what happens in the next day or so

oh ok..i guess if we hire chip kelly, we going to prob keep Kaep for next year??..you think??

AGYMAH

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a Raiders fan. I always thought Mckenzie should have kept him. If the Niners sign him you will be getting a great offensive mind. #townbizzness

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
oh ok..i guess if we hire chip kelly, we going to prob keep Kaep for next year??..you think??

we need to keep kap REGARDLESS
1 year under tomsula and fucking ryan leaf's offensive coordinator should not toss him out on the street after all he's done period.

the TEAM fell off he didn't fall off by himself. and he can easily be right back where he was with some competent coaching.

and gabbert is nothing but a backup. what we saw this year was his ceiling. being a decent serviceable qb.
kap can be a super bowl champion and lift the entire team up.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yo fellas guess what .....

12439326_10207356096892606_8839076257068975189_n.jpg

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I am cautiously optimistic about Chip Kelly
There are going to be some definite pros & cons with him
He's like a "boom or bust" type of coach

Cons:
Most players around the NFL don't like or respect him
So (at least the 1st few years until we prove we are a legitimate playoff team), it will be kinda hard for us to attract good quality free agents
We will probably have to overpay to get them here (I know we have cap space, but still...)

With his uptempo style offense, our defense will be on the field a lot
We will need to draft for more depth on defense

Pros:
He is a lot better as a COACH then as a GM
Trent already said Chip will not be in charge of player personnel
So Chip can't just trade away our good players, like he did in Philly

As a coach, he's really smart & he knows his shit (x's and o's guy)
We should have a noticeably better offense
And guys like Torey Smith, will actually be used...instead of just being a decoy

Again... I have more confidence in Chip Kelly, than Tomsula or Singletary
But like I said, the 1st year might be rough getting free agents or getting our current players to buy into the system (until we prove it)

Last edited:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
^^Gonna agree with you there Curt. Dude does know his X's & O's. Our offense should be tons better. My concern is the running game. We need a quicker back to get to the edge as he likes to work sideline to sideline.

He really seemed to lose it when he took over the GM duties. I guess it was too much for him to handle.

We have a lot of talent on the roster currently (they are just young & underutilized). We also have a high draft position. If Baalke picks well we could be set for personnel. Chip just has to use them properly.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I know it's early BUT...
Looking at the draft prospects
I'm really liking this kid from Oregon, DeForest Buckner

Take this with a grain of salt b/c I've been wrong on almost every 1st rd draft that Baalke has picked the last few years
We still don't know what will happen in free agency & at the combine yet
But just curious what you guys think of this dude from Oregon

Why we need a D-linemen?
a) No Lawrence Okoye project, no Justin Smith, no RayMac, no Darnell Dockett
b) Glen Dorsey tore his biceps last season, & then tore his ACL a couple months ago (around Thanksgiving time)
I think Dorsey will start 2016 on the PUP list & won't be available until midseason
c) Tony Jerod Eddie is not very good.
He's decent in run support, but not good in getting pressure on the QB. He's basically a career backup
d) I bet you guys forgot, they are converting Tank from the D-line to OLB
Tank wanted & the coaches asked him to drop some weight & play OLB instead
He looked decent getting pressure that last few games of this season as OLB
e) That leaves us with Quinton Dial & Arik Armstead as starters (unless we sign a good Dline free agent)

I'll admit, I was wrong about Armstead. He looked pretty good this year. You could see flashes that he will be a playmaker.
Take a look at Deforest Buckner's draft profile
He's the perfect 5 technique in a 3-4 defense
Dude is a clone of Armstead, but only better
Plus Buckner played with Armstead at Oregon & of course Chip Kelly coached there, so you know he has the inside info
Imagine..... Armstead & Buckner on this inside getting pressure...then Lynch & Tank on the outside getting pressure
Future young core for years
We could rush only 4 & drop everyone else back in coverage, no need to blitz much
Dial & Eli Harold can rotate in
Brooks & Lemonhead are on their way out anyway and Dorsey is getting old

I'm curious of what you guys think?
Here is the list of top draft prospects...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/all

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Okay lets look at the other positions...

Outside LB
We definitely need to get more pressure on the QB
Joey Bosa would be good for us, but he will be gone in the first 3 picks of the draft
But I think with Tank switching positions, he will help provide pressure on the outside
OLB should be his natural position anyway
The coaches wanted him to be the next Justin Smith so bad, asked him to gain like 30 pounds to play D-line

Middle LB
We definitely need someone to play next to Bowman
Wilhoite should be gone
7th pick is too high to take a Middle LB
We could drop down like 10 spots & take Reggie Ragland or take a decent MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round

Safety
We don't need to draft anymore damn safeties !!!

Corner
We have a lot of bodies but really no shutdown Revis/Sherman type of player
Some good CB's will be there for us in the 1st round BUT, Baalke does not like drafting corners high
For some reason he just does not value taking corners early in the draft

Nose
Re-sign Ian Williams

**I'm tired , I'll talk about the offense later**

Last edited:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Curt, we have 12 picks in this draft. Trent & Co. have a lot to play with (even though we know Trent will trade some those for picks next year).

We have guys like Tank Carradine who are sitting on the roster doing nothing. Coaches did't play them (the LBOP argument). Guys like him and Dante Johnson would get playing time one game, shine and then never be seen again (remember the Atlanta game). Hopefully, Chip's staff gets some of these guys in the rotation.

I agree we need to re-sign Ian Williams. Dude played well. Shout out to Dial also. On base downs those dudes were stout.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I am cautiously optimistic about Chip Kelly
There are going to be some definite pros & cons with him
He's like a "boom or bust" type of coach

Cons:
Most players around the NFL don't like or respect him
So (at least the 1st few years until we prove we are a legitimate playoff team), it will be kinda hard for us to attract good quality free agents
We will probably have to overpay to get them here (I know we have cap space, but still...)

With his uptempo style offense, our defense will be on the field a lot
We will need to draft for more depth on defense

Pros:
He is a lot better as a COACH then as a GM
Trent already said Chip will not be in charge of player personnel
So Chip can't just trade away our good players, like he did in Philly

As a coach, he's really smart & he knows his shit (x's and o's guy)
We should have a noticeably better offense
And guys like Torey Smith, will actually be used...instead of just being a decoy

Again... I have more confidence in Chip Kelly, than Tomsula or Singletary
But like I said, the 1st year might be rough getting free agents or getting our current players to buy into the system (until we prove it)

They said they were swinging for the fence and they did.

Now is it a home run or a strike out it remains to be seen.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Okay lets look at the other positions...

Outside LB
We definitely need to get more pressure on the QB
Joey Bosa would be good for us, but he will be gone in the first 3 picks of the draft
But I think with Tank switching positions, he will help provide pressure on the outside
OLB should be his natural position anyway
The coaches wanted him to be the next Justin Smith so bad, asked him to gain like 30 pounds to play D-line

Middle LB
We definitely need someone to play next to Bowman
Wilhoite should be gone
7th pick is too high to take a Middle LB
We could drop down like 10 spots & take Reggie Ragland or take a decent MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round

Safety
We don't need to draft anymore damn safeties !!!

Corner
We have a lot of bodies but really no shutdown Revis/Sherman type of player
Some good CB's will be there for us in the 1st round BUT, Baalke does not like drafting corners high
For some reason he just does not value taking corners early in the draft

Nose
Re-sign Ian Williams

**I'm tired , I'll talk about the offense later**

Agree with outside pass rusher need one badly. brooks and lemon can be gone. too early to give up on harold.

Middle we do need one in the middle rounds but I like hodges with bowman his speed was noticeable

Safety we're past set we have a crazy safety combo potential with reid ward bethea

tartt will be moved back to big nickel he was up and down at safety

corner i disagree with you

we have 1 lockdown shutdown corner who always shows up and is dynamite but tomsula never used him- dontae johnson.

every time dontae is on the outside he's shutdown. he's not a slot corner. he's an outside corner the way sherman is an outside corner. big long athletic fast can hit tackle and has good ball skills keep him

everyone else including brock can fight for the other outside position.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Curt, we have 12 picks in this draft. Trent & Co. have a lot to play with (even though we know Trent will trade some those for picks next year).

We have guys like Tank Carradine who are sitting on the roster doing nothing. Coaches did't play them (the LBOP argument). Guys like him and Dante Johnson would get playing time one game, shine and then never be seen again (remember the Atlanta game). Hopefully, Chip's staff gets some of these guys in the rotation.

I agree we need to re-sign Ian Williams. Dude played well. Shout out to Dial also. On base downs those dudes were stout.

Ian solidifies the line we have dorsey coming back as well armstead dial it's some hogs on the front line that will kill it with a year under their belts
they weren't that bad now just not consistent. at home line was beast. on the road they gave up the ass lol

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Offensively KEEP KAP PERIOD
chip has been dreaming of getting kap his entire nfl career. he's been wanting kap now he has kap everywhere we look kap is going to philly to be with chip now he's here with the 49ers keep kap. none of that bogus competition shit kap is the best qb on the roster with the highest ceiling period none of this average blaine gabbert well he put up 17 points a game and looked good in spots. this was as good as blaine gabbert could be. and it was a huge improvement from him looking like a complete bust to a career backup which is what he is.
no qb in the draft is a slam dunk or proven to be what kap already is WITH THE RIGHT COACHING. i am not going to hold this trash coaching staff and trash line against kap at all and anyone with logical thinking shouldn't either. he has things to fix as does every qb even the ones playing this weekend in the playoffs but he's more accomplished than half of them right now.

that being said

draft a qb in the middle rounds somewhere, a project. 5th round is a good spot imo.

line.. kilgore staley davis Brown we need to see if we resign boone i hope we do but we'll see. those 4 are a very good solid core to begin with. I like that mauling line
need to decide on marcus martin and brandon thomas future either they can play or they can't.

wide receiver

Torrey and boldin everyone else has to fight for their lives. Patton is up and down still immature but has promise and maybe finally chip will use bruce ellington in the slot. like omg ellington with design screen passes on the outside finally or ellington in the slot period running with torrey? FINALLY

vance might be cut i like blake bell we have 2 other big athletic tight ends on the roster that we can kick the tires on or address in the draft

for me on offense you take a dope as wr to fight it out with the rest of them including smelter who should be ready to go by training camp

you take a few athletic offensive linemen to battle it out with the brandon thomas' and marcus martin's in the world

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
our 1st round pick needs to be a defensive pass rusher that changes the game to go with lynch

we do that our defense leaps up at least 6 or7 spots
the past 2 years the only thing holding the defense back was the 2nd pass rusher.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was expecting the 49ers to keep Mangini

I have mixed feelings about the 49ers letting go of Mangini
He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't great either... he was kinda just meh
Chip Kelly's strength is offense, not defense, so a good D-coordinator is key to our success

Good luck on Sunday against the Patriots
But unfortunately I'm sure Vernon Davis will drop 1 or 2 critical passes, that will make you want to scream at the TV
LOL

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I have mixed feelings about the 49ers letting go of Mangini
He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't great either... he was kinda just meh
Chip Kelly's strength is offense, not defense, so a good D-coordinator is key to our success

Good luck on Sunday against the Patriots
But unfortunately I'm sure Vernon Davis will drop 1 or 2 critical passes, that will make you want to scream at the TV
LOL

After,the second Raiders game...he's been pretty much fazed out of the offense,he's been on the active roster,but rarely on the field...with that said,I've been reading all week,him and the coaches been spending a lot of time together and he will most likely get involve in the gameplan this week :cool:

I've never seen #1 seed get so disrespected in my life..you have folks acting like the Broncos are getting blown out....

To tell you the truth,I'm worried about the dropped passes,red-zone inefficiency and our shitty RT :smh:

How are the 49ers fans getting used to Chip Kelly being the coach....How does Kap feel about it?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
We hire the coordinator of a defense that got progressively shittier each year.
:smh:

To be fair to dude it was good when it was healthy and shitty when they weren't he was missing his entire secondary basically this past season.

I'm am still very much wait and see on him. Other than that I like our staff so far.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
To be fair to dude it was good when it was healthy and shitty when they weren't he was missing his entire secondary basically this past season.

I'm am still very much wait and see on him. Other than that I like our staff so far.
Why is it always wait and see with us, why can we have guys that we know can do their job, in the first place!

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

San Francisco 49ers Final Coaching Staff

Link:
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...ng-Staff/62b62c80-abc0-4469-9038-eea4bd13c37c

Offense

• Curtis Modkins - Offensive Coordinator
  • Bob Bicknell - Wide Receivers
  • Ryan Day - Quarterbacks
  • Jeff Nixon - Tight Ends
  • Tom Rathman - Running Backs
  • Pat Flaherty - Offensive Line
  • Eric Wolford - Assistant Offensive Line
  • Mick Lombardi - Offensive Quality Control

Defense
  • Jim O’Neil - Defensive Coordinator
  • Jerry Azzinaro - Defensive Line