Your Experience Dating Africans

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
this is mainly for the women...but men can chime in also:)

what are your experiences with dating africans?

was it positive or negative?

do u seek them (africans) out or do u avoid them? why?

please share:)

Yeah I've dated African men

I didn't see much of a difference between them and other black men from the Caribbean, America etc

Well there is a cultural difference but that is to be expected from anyone depending on where they grew up

Black is Black IMO

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Desire, I've dated nothing but for at least the last few years, it's been great, it can be challenging as with any other relationship. I have found no hidden wives, nor do they need me to be their wife for citizenship, they're legal, some people say they're possessive, but I don't have that problem, they're attentive. I don't even get hooked up on worrying about what the black american male is doing anymore.

Just like Lone said, there are some cultural differences, but it's nothing we can't get passed.

Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers from all countries, but I'm just like the black american man now, I don't have time to wait for them to get their shit together anymore and because of my age, most have been in the US for years now.

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To females does it matter where tha Black man you seek is from (US,Africa) or do yah just care that its a brother period????
With me I don't care where tha female is from as long as shes Black and shes not ashamed of being Black.

I'm African btw.

EDIT:I don't care for Black females from Europe.They seem to be way to assimilated.And I don't like Black females that were brought up around 90% white folks.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To females does it matter where tha Black man you seek is from (US,Africa) or do yah just care that its a brother period????
With me I don't care where tha female is from as long as shes Black and shes not ashamed of being Black.

I'm African btw.

EDIT:I don't care for Black females from Europe.They seem to be way to assimilated.And I don't like Black females that were brought up around 90% white folks.

I'm the same way. I also don't like the "diet black girls", that's what I call the women that ain't all the way black and I'm not talking about being mixed. I'm talking about the ones that are 1-2 shades from being white, didn't/don't have any experience or connection with the 'real' black community, wanna be beyonce, wears make-up like foundation to lighten skin even more, wears long bone straight 'extensions' even though her real hair is bone straight and long already, and ..... basically are assimilated like you said

MCP

International
International Member
I've dated African, black british and caribbean women. In my opinion there no difference from any other women.

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
Black women from varying regions (Caribbean, African [Mostly Western and Eastern, some Central], European, Central and South American) are different in a lot of ways than American Black women. These are mainly cultural differences; some good and some bad.

From what women tell me, there are differences between African and Caribbean dudes and American Black men. Not as different as the women. And most of those are cultural as well (primarily that the gap between the genders is greater is other cultures and the problems that stem from there).

That doesn't includes EACH and EVERY person.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator

I'm African btw.

It doesn't matter from where, as long as he's a brother, however there are cultural differences that distinguish them.

ThreeStacks

Star
BGOL Investor
i hollared at this phat booty african joint once... left her alone after the first week.. she kept askin for shit always tryin to get something.. smh

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
The african men i met were always wonderful. In africa. But for some reason, when a lot of the ones i met come over to the states. They go a little crazy it seems. They adopt many american ways.

SuchATease

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
The 2 African guys that I talked to before were very, very materialist! They use to talk bad about American born blacks calling them lazy. One of them had a nerve to have an odor problem but didn't believe in wearing anything twice...I think it was moreso the food he ate (the spices)

Oh and another thing they both were possessive, I'm a really outgoing person and neither one of them liked that about me...said that I was 2 friendly and didn't like the attention but they both drove mercedes?! go figure...

Last edited: