Xbox Series X/S Microsoft - Starfield Shattered Space is coming this fall

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

This...

Xbox has multiple ways for You to give them Money....

Xbox is trying merge the PC money with their Xbox money with their Gamepass money and soon their XCloud money... and they want to do this with one subscription...

Yet people are complaining...

If you don’t want to pay for the new Xbox then fine.. all that shit will be playable on your current Xbox or you can get the less powerful Xbox one x console.

Shit is brilliant

Sony has just one way... to get you..

All their shit that goes to PC will be played on a Microsoft operating system. Street fighter 5 is a PlayStation exclusive that I’m playing on my PC with an Xbox one controller, Xbox one controllers work the best with PCs...

Kats have to look at the bigger picture ... microsoft is slowly trying to dominate everything. 10 years from when game streaming becomes more reliable... everything is going to change.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
It really seems like the main people bitching about this are Sony fanboys.

Im getting this day one cause I know a halo Infinite is going to look the best on it.. plus I like to have new things..

And sense I have gamepass... I’ll be able to play halo infinite where ever I want without having to cough up 60 bones...

Niggas are tripping if they don’t get the value in this.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It really seems like the main people bitching about this are Sony fanboys.

Im getting this day one cause I know a halo Infinite is going to look the best on it.. plus I like to have new things..

And sense I have gamepass... I’ll be able to play halo infinite where ever I want without having to cough up 60 bones...

Niggas are tripping if they don’t get the value in this.
agreed.i been telling people this for a long time man .game pass is where its at.i mean day one we get a new game for free when its a microsoft studio game.you cant beat that for nothing.not only that the games it have on there is good too.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
agreed.i been telling people this for a long time man .game pass is where its at.i mean day one we get a new game for free when its a microsoft studio game.you cant beat that for nothing.not only that the games it have on there is good too.

I also like how they put Day one or recent indie games on there...

There’s a lot of shit on gamepass that I probably would have never tried without gamepass. You really can’t beat the fact that you can buy an Xbox and for only 14 bucks you get live and every Xbox first party game.. so you don’t even need to spend additional money buy more games after you buy your Xbox with gamepass... again it’s the most consumer friendly thing out there.

For example... a lot of people like Sea of thieves.. I’m not a multiplayers guy but I heard that it’s more single player friendly with the DLC.. so I downloaded it.. tried it for 40 minutes.. hated it and deleted that bad boy. No harm no foul.. the only thing wasted was the data cap room. You can’t beat that shit.

Did the same thing for crackdown 3 and I fucking love that game... I don’t know if I would feel the same if I paid 60 bucks for it.. but as a downloadable game it’s fiyah.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting battle strategies.....

However, Sony snd Microsoft need to link up to stave off Google and Amazon.... Those 2 mfkrs will change the industry

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^

May 20, 2019

Microsoft and Sony are teaming up for the future of gaming

It’s all about Xbox and PlayStation beating Amazon and Google​

Microsoft and Sony unveiled a surprising partnership last week that will see the companies collaborate to develop future cloud solutions for game and content-streaming services. While both companies have spent more than 15 years battling it out over PlayStation and Xbox sales, Sony is now looking to Microsoft’s vast cloud experience to help power its existing and future streaming services, and Microsoft is teaming with a rival to fend off far larger gaming threats.

It was a big surprise for fans of both Xbox and PlayStation. Bloomberg reports that the agreement even shocked Sony’s own PlayStation team, which apparently wasn’t made aware of the discussions. Talks between the firms have been ongoing since last year, and Sony has started to show it’s open to working with Microsoft and others.

The announcement seems to have been prompted by one thing in particular: Google’s reveal of its Stadia cloud streaming service. Google is planning to leverage its hugely popular YouTube platform to let people click and instantly play games in their browsers or on their phones. This ease of use and Google’s web dominance have clearly unnerved both Microsoft and Sony.

While Sony has offered its own PlayStation Now streaming service for years, it hasn’t dramatically changed since launch. Sony still makes most of its PlayStation revenue through game sales to console owners, and that business looks increasingly under threat. If the future of gaming is cloud-powered, then the infrastructure and content will be key.

Google, Microsoft, and Amazon are among the few companies that have enough cloud experience and server power to make cloud gaming a reality in the future. Minimizing latency will be key, and that requires having servers close to players in multiple cities across the world. It’s a significant investment that these three companies have already started making, but one that Sony is clearly unwilling or unable to make.

Sony has now turned to Microsoft for help, instead of competitors like Google or Amazon. Sony and Microsoft’s deal could have been a simple one to host Sony’s services on Azure, Microsoft’s cloud platform, but the agreement looks even deeper than that. “The two companies will explore joint development of future cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure to support their respective game and content-streaming services,” reads a statement from Microsoft.

stadia.jpg

Instead of Sony and Microsoft fighting it out, as they have for decades, there’s a partnership emerging to take on Google Stadia and whatever cloud streaming service Amazon is preparing to launch. That doesn’t mean there will be a single cloud streaming service for PlayStation and Xbox games, but it could mean that the underlying server hardware will be identical in the future to make it easier for developers to create titles for both services.

Sony and Microsoft don’t have cloud native streaming services right now. Instead, they’re taking the hardware that powers devices like the Xbox One S and the PlayStation 3 and placing it into data centers. This allows them both to offer a big game library from their cloud streaming services, as developers don’t have to do any work to have their games running off a server. But it’s far harder to scale this over time.

It’s clear that Sony and Microsoft will attempt to align the hardware that powers each company’s cloud game streaming services onto a common platform. We’ve already started to see this happen in the console space with the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and the next-generation consoles due in 2020 are expected to be very similar from a hardware point of view. Aligning this hardware will make it far easier for game developers to target a common cloud platform and test game performance.

Google’s approach requires developers to create games for a Linux-based system and hardware. It’s a bigger ask, but one that developers could be willing to do given Google’s investments and YouTube leverage to get games in front of people.

Another part of the cloud gaming puzzle is Nintendo. Rumors have suggested that both Microsoft and Nintendo have been forming a closer relationship in recent months. We’ve seen this play out with Cuphead arriving on the Switch with Xbox Live support, and Microsoft’s ongoing work with Nintendo to promote cross-play gaming. Nintendo won’t want to miss any part of a cloud gaming future, and it will likely have to form some type of partnership with Microsoft, Amazon, or Google to help it power future services. Like Sony, Nintendo has a vast library of first-party titles but little experience running online services and infrastructure at scale.

jbareham_180301_2346_nintendo_switch_0014.jpg

Microsoft and Sony’s cloud partnership also opens up some questions around other game streaming competitors. EA has 1,000 employees working on Project Atlas, a cloud game streaming development platform. Like Google Stadia, EA’s project is cloud native and just as ambitious in its attempts to redefine the future of gaming. Nvidia also has its own GeForce Now streaming service, and Valve is turning Steam Link into a personal cloud service that streams games anywhere.

There are also smaller players like Shadow that use powerful PC hardware to let players stream games, and even carriers like Verizon are experimenting with cloud game streaming. Everyone seems to be pushing toward a future where games are streamed to devices. All of this competition will ultimately be good news for consumers, especially if game publishers are willing to transition to the cloud. It could mean consumers will end up having to choose between competing streaming services in very much the same way that they choose between Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Amazon Prime Video, and many more today.

Sony and Microsoft are both laying their own foundations for this upcoming battle. How these two gaming giants collaborate on the future of gaming will have a major impact on the streaming landscape in the months and years ahead. Neither company wants to risk having to turn over revenue on games to a competing cloud game store.

Microsoft and Sony are now signaling to the rest of the industry that they’re not willing to give up their current gaming dominance to newcomers like Amazon or Google, even if it means working with a longtime rival.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Doubt 7 most likely its 5GB

The holes on the side of the ports are for venting and that large rectangle port in the middle is for diagnostic reporting. I don’t expect that port to be on the final hardware and as always, these ports could change.

What is odd is that the barcode and serial number are identifiable in this image. Microsoft tracks these prototypes and the person who was assigned this hardware is about to have a bad day. That being said, at least you can now understand the actual design of the back of Xbox Series X.

Last edited:

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Fuck with em and say $299 which forces the Switch down as well lol. But for real either wait or do $349. Sony is gonna wait for this, features and if games are multi plat until the last possible moment. I would expect them to be more confident in any decisions and not just try to one up Microsoft.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Phil should wait. Force Sony to set their price.

I think Phil should drop the price for the slightly less powerful version of the Xbox onx X at $350 .. and then drop the price for the powerful version of Xbox one X after Sony drops their price.

Microsoft has an extra card to play cause they are technically dropping 2 new systems... All they have to do is let the first one be 100 dollars cheaper then the PS5...

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sony trying to do what they did at the start of the generation. Let Microsoft come out with a high ass price, then undercut them with a lower price lol. Media will do the rest for them.

3:47

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Sony trying to do what they did at the start of the generation. Let Microsoft come out with a high ass price, then undercut them with a lower price lol. Media will do the rest for them.

3:47

I agree... that’s what they are trying to do....

Microsoft can still attack this with the two systems..
If I was Microsoft... I’d sell the new system at $499 and the the less powerful system at $399. It’s going to be interesting how Microsoft handles this.

Microsoft could throw in 12 months of gamepass into every purchase. Basically giving every new Microsoft owner a free copy of halo infinite.