WOW?!? Nicki Minaj...Then & Now Update: Pink Friday 2 Album! BEEF WITH MEGAN!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
E5F1Ws9VgAI5u9e

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nicki Minaj disputes Jessie J's claims that she asked to be featured on 'Bang Bang'

"Chiiille what am I the damn song monitor? Snoopin around for songs chile?" the rapper said after Jessie J told a publication the rapper requested to be part of her song with Ariana Grande.
By Joey Nolfi
August 06, 2021 at 10:30 AM EDT

Nicki Minaj and Jessie J are bang-banging up the history of how their iconic 2014 tune "Bang Bang" came together.
After the British pop star told Glamour magazine that Minaj requested to be featured on the track after hearing existing verses sung by her and Ariana Grande, the rapper tweeted her (slightly different) recollection of how the Max Martin-produced song came to fruition.
"I didn't hear the song & ask 2get on it. The label asked me2get on it & paid me. How would I have heard the song? chiiille what am I the damn song monitor? Snoopin around for songs chile?" the 38-year-old tweeted after tagging the singer in her message. "This was said by another artist recently as well. Yallgotta stop. LoveU."

Minaj also responded to a note from a fan who recalled a past interview in which Jessie J reportedly credited the label with asking Minaj to be part of the song at the time of release, though EW was unable to verify the information. A representative for the singer's record label didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Though the recording artists' stories didn't align, Jessie J credited Minaj and Grande's contributions to the song with its overwhelming success, and added that she's asked the latter to collaborate again.
"Let's be honest: For as much as songs like that are my bag all day, every day, 'Bang Bang' would have never done what it did without them. The gratitude I have and, honestly, the experience of girl power. Since Moulin Rouge, there hasn't really been a big female song that's come that's really impacted like that," she continued. "Me and Ari just spoke the other day, and I was like, 'We should definitely do something together.' And she was like, 'If we do, it has to be better than 'Bang Bang.'' And I was like, 'Well...' She was like, 'I don't know,' and I was like, 'I don't know.' Because it's just one of those songs that just caught and went."

Released in the summer of 2014, "Bang Bang" became one of the biggest songs of the year, charting at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 before its eight-times-Platinum certification for moving over 8 million units in the United States alone.
"Bang Bang" — subsequently included on the track lists for both Jessie J's Sweet Talker album as well as Grande's My Everything LP — was also nominated for a Grammy and an MTV VMA — the latter ceremony hosted a memorable performance of the song in which Minaj suffered a wardrobe malfunction and powered through her bars while holding her outfit close to her body to prevent it from slipping down.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Nicki Minaj's husband Kenneth Petty pleads guilty to failure to register as sex offender in California

The singer's spouse faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a lifetime of supervised release.
By Gabrielle Chung
September 10, 2021 at 11:49 AM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore

00:05
01:48

Nicki Minaj's husband, Kenneth "Zoo" Petty, has entered a plea deal for failing to register as a sex offender in the state of California, PEOPLE can confirm.
Court records obtained by PEOPLE show that the 43-year-old pleaded guilty on Thursday during a virtual hearing with the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, which oversees both central and southern parts of the state.
He now faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a lifetime of supervised release. Petty's sentencing has been scheduled for Jan. 24, 2022. An attorney for Petty and a representative for Minaj did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's requests for comment.
Nicki Minaj and her husband, Kenneth Petty

| CREDIT: JAMIE MCCARTHY/GETTY IMAGES
RELATED: Nicki Minaj's Husband Kenneth Petty Charged with Failing to Register as Sex Offender in California: Report

Petty was arrested in March 2020 after being indicted for failure to register as a sex offender. At the time, Petty pleaded not guilty and posted $100,000 bail, according to records accessed by PEOPLE.
He initially faced legal trouble after being pulled over by the Beverly Hills Police Department on Nov. 15, 2019, when the department determined he was registered as a sex offender in New York — but not in California, where he now resides, TMZ reported.
Kenneth Petty

| CREDIT: GILBERT CARRASQUILLO/GC IMAGES
Petty is required to register as a sex offender, as he was convicted for the first-degree attempted rape of a 16-year-old girl in 1995. He was sentenced to 18 to 54 months, but spent four years in prison. Petty is a level-two registered offender in New York, which means he's considered a "moderate risk of repeat offense."

RELATED: Nicki Minaj and Husband Kenneth Petty Sued by His Alleged Rape Victim for Harassment, Intimidation
Last month, Petty's alleged rape victim, Jennifer Hough, filed a lawsuit against him and Minaj, 38, in which she accused the pair of attempting to intimidate her into recanting her rape accusation.
The lawsuit also accused Petty and Minaj, who married in October 2019, of intentional infliction of emotional distress and alleged that the couple had offered Hough up to $500,000 to recant her claims.
"If I lie now and say that I lied then, you know what that does?" Hough told The New York Times in August. "Do you know what that's going to say to my two little girls, or even my sons?"
If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual abuse, text "STRENGTH" to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 connected to a certified crisis counselor.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Woman Suing Nicki Minaj Claims She Was Threatened With Bounty
By Justin Curto

After suing Nicki Minaj and her husband, Kenneth Petty, for alleged harassment, Jennifer Hough is speaking out further. Hough — who accused Petty of rape in a 1995 case that resulted in Petty’s conviction for first-degree attempted rape — appeared on The Real on September 22 to detail her allegations against Minaj and Petty, who she claims tried to bribe her and her family to recant her rape accusation against Petty. “I’m tired of being afraid,” she told co-hosts Adrienne Houghton and Garcelle Beauvais. Discussing her current lawsuit, Hough said she received “threats” from associates of Minaj after continuing to refuse to recant her accusation. “The last incident was when one of their associates put $20,000 on my lap. And I still kept saying no,” Hough said. “The last message I received was that I should’ve taken the money ’cause they’re going to use that money to put on my head.” While the alleged $20,000 bribe is detailed in the lawsuit, the bounty is a new claim. “It doesn’t matter how much money you have, it doesn’t matter what your status is, you can’t intimidate people to make things go better for you,” Hough added. “And that’s what they did.”
My Week In New York
A week-in-review newsletter from the people who make New York Magazine.

Hough also recounted her 1994 rape by Petty when they were both 16, reiterating her claim that they were not in a relationship, despite insinuations by Minaj that they were in a relationship at the time and Hough was older. “I don’t know you and you don’t know me, to know that that statement you put out to the world to be true,” Hough said. “You have 150-something-million followers [on Instagram], and they all believed it. It hurt coming from another woman.” Minaj’s claims, including a 2018 Instagram comment, are referenced in the lawsuit as contributing to social-media harassment against Hough, along with alleged emotional distress.

Minaj and Petty have yet to publicly respond to the lawsuit; The Real said their representatives did not reply to requests for comment. Meanwhile, Petty recently pleaded guilty on September 9 to failing to register as a sex offender in California, resulting from his attempted-rape conviction. He was charged in March 2020, after not updating his registration when he moved from New York to California with Minaj, and pleaded not guilty at the time of the initial charge, but reportedly struck a plea deal. Hough’s lawsuit notes that Minaj first reached out around the same time as this charge. Many interpreted Minaj’s recent Twitter misinformation campaign against the COVID-19 vaccine as an attempt to distract from Hough’s lawsuit and her husband’s criminal history. Petty is currently scheduled to be sentenced on the charge, which carries a minimum sentence of five years’ supervised release and a maximum of ten years in prison, on January 24.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Nicki Minaj isn’t anti-vax, exactly. That’s why her vaccine resistance is so concerning.
Minaj, under the guise of urging vaccine caution, is helping mainstream a dangerous form of anti-science.
By Aja Romano@ajaromano Sep 14, 2021, 5:20pm EDT
Share this story
Nicki Minaj attends the Marc Jacobs Fall 2020 runway show during New York Fashion Week on February 12, 2020, in New York. Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Marc Jacobs
For many people, Nicki Minaj’s scene-stealing tweets about why she chose not to attend the Met Gala Monday night were peak comedy. Minaj told several people on social media she’d chosen not to attend the haute couture event because of its requirement that attendees be vaccinated against Covid-19. After she explained her hesitancy in a baffling, instantly viral tweet involving swollen testicles and a canceled wedding, some ignored the more concerning parts of Minaj’s argument in favor of laughing.
While it’s tempting to just focus on the absurdist meme potential of Minaj’s tweets, Minaj’s approach to the vaccine is deeply concerning, both because it reflects a strain of distrust in public policy, health, and science experts and because it presents a cautionary mindset regarding vaccines as a sort of reasonable “middle ground” in the fight between science and anti-vax ideology.
So far, about three-quarters of US adults are at least partially vaccinated against Covid-19, but many of the rest remain reluctant. As vaccinations become mandatory in many workplaces and schools, and people who are reluctant start discussing their anxieties, Minaj’s cautionary, individualistic approach to getting vaccinated might seem relatable and even reasonable. But this is still a highly dangerous approach rooted in misinformation and a concerning distrust of science.
We might think of it as the mainstreaming of “vaccine caution,” and it’s arguably just as dangerous as outright vaccine science denial.
Did Minaj’s cousin’s friend’s fiancée really call off their wedding because he got vaccinated?
On Monday afternoon, Minaj responded to a tweet from a fan lamenting her lack of recent public appearances by noting she didn’t want to risk her infant’s health during the pandemic. A few interactions later — including one in which she claimed Drake told her he contracted Covid-19 despite having gotten the vaccine — she tweeted, “They want you to get vaccinated for the Met. if I get vaccinated it won’t [be] for the Met. It’ll be once I feel I’ve done enough research. I’m working on that now.”

Since it’s combined with the invocation to wear a mask — advice given by experts who’ve endorsed vaccines — Minaj’s wary approach to the vaccine is a bit confusing. However, it’s nothing compared to what she followed it up with. Apparently, a big part of her reluctance to get vaccinated was based in part on the fate of her Trinidadian cousin’s friend’s nuptials:

Just to spell it out, known side effects of the Covid-19 vaccine do not include testicle swelling (although unfounded concerns about the vaccine and female fertility have circulated). Without more context about Minaj’s cousin’s friend’s illness, it’s impossible to know more — but it seems highly unlikely his situation had anything to do with Covid-19.
Naturally, this kind of left-field reasoning was widely ridiculed across social media, and Minaj quickly made headlines for peddling coronavirus conspiracies. Yet even as people were lining up to make STD references and Met Gala memes, many of Minaj’s fans were responding supportively — especially to her statement about “doing the research.”

“I read up on all the research for MONTHS before I chose to get it,” one reader responded, referring to the vaccine. “Everyone has the right to read the information given by the FDA and doctors before they take the shot right?”
This belief underlies Minaj’s argument, and it seems to be one that’s held by many other people with similar levels of mistrust in vaccine science.
Minaj’s insistence on doing her own “research” reflects collective Covid-19 anxiety
The problem with “doing one’s own research” is that, as Minaj’s tweets reveal, many people — who haven’t spent years researching viruses and vaccines — don’t have the scientific knowledge needed to evaluate vaccine efficacy without the help of experts. A huge part of the effort to curb Covid-related misinformation has been about trying to get people to understand that vaccination “research” isn’t something many people can just sit down and do on their own. Trying to do so may lead the researcher to pockets of misinformation that result in a citizen being more poorly informed, not better informed, about the actual health risks of vaccines.
In fact, this kind of thinking can be a direct route to begin interacting with and possibly believing in a wide range of conspiracy theories, mainly because there is so much misinformation and disinformation about highly complex subjects, including Covid-19.
It doesn’t help that some of that disinformation has come from trusted public institutions — including, during the Trump administration, directly from the US president.
What Minaj’s opinions represent, then, isn’t just her individual lack of knowledge giving rise to wariness over the vaccine. Her fear has been bolstered by years of anti-vax campaigns, as well as general public lethargy about actually getting vaccinated.
Minaj’s pushback against pro-vaccine rhetoric isn’t unique to her by any means. Black communities have endured centuries of being ruthlessly exploited, lied to, and sometimes used in unethical medical experiments without their knowledge or consent. They’ve been subjected to blatantly racist medical practices, all while continually bearing some of the worst effects of health epidemics, including Covid-19.
With systemic factors leading to a hugely unequal Covid-19 death toll for younger Black people, and false claims about Covid-19 vaccines continuing to spread, there is substantial mistrust of Covid-19 science among some Black Americans. If Nicki Minaj is in that group, can she really be blamed for it?
Well, yes and no — because Minaj’s tweets arguably have a powerful influence over the way her 22 million Twitter followers approach the subject of vaccination. If Minaj’s faith in science and health officials has been undermined and she’s subsequently encouraging followers to trust their intuition over that of health experts, she’s promoting a distrust of science in general that could have seriously damaging repercussions.
What Minaj seems to be arguing for, however, isn’t outright vaccine rejection. She even went on to say, “I’m sure I’ll [be] vaccinated as well cuz I have to go on tour.” Her cautionary, individualistic approach to getting vaccinated, however, might still do damage.
Minaj’s ambivalence is part of a wider problem in conversations around Covid-19 vaccines
Minaj immediately began attempting to soften her harsher statements about the vaccine. She asked her followers which vaccine they’d recommend, and commented that taking the vaccine with no side effects is “the norm.” She also went on to say she “def recommend” that people whose jobs or countries mandate vaccination do so, and admitted she’d probably get the vaccine herself. She also reiterated that her main reason for skipping out on the Met Gala was to protect her 1-year-old son.

She then pointed to a couple of her own tweets to argue that she had never expressed opposition to the vaccine. Minaj’s support clearly seems to be aimed at preventing job loss in circumstances where the vaccine is mandatory. The subtext seems to be a reluctant acceptance that workers can’t always be able to choose to go unvaccinated, rather than Minaj enthusiastically supporting vaccination itself.
Minaj’s overall attitude seems to be a kind of wary caution and a “DIY” approach to science. That might reflect a new “wave” of vaccine rhetoric adopted by many people who don’t strictly identify as anti-vax but who are still reluctant to actually get their shot.
Surveys have found that most unvaccinated adults say they are unlikely to change their minds and get the vaccine. Others who have not gotten the shot may be “in-betweeners” — people who aren’t anti-vax but who are still in a kind of wait-and-see holding pattern.
These holdouts could make a substantial difference in how effective the Covid-19 vaccines can be. The higher the vaccinated population, the more the vaccines can reduce transmission of the disease. Fully vaccinated people can resume living their lives somewhat normally, and their confidence and health may likely help sway even those who’ve firmly decided against the vaccine.
Instead, Minaj’s “middle-of-the-road” approach might become a new avenue for expressing distrust in science while still acquiescing to the necessity of vaccination.
The problem with this is that the efficacy of vaccines never has been, and shouldn’t be, a matter of public debate. With the exception of the original scientific study that began the modern anti-vax movement, which used false and fraudulent research to create fear, vaccines have always been part of scientifically established medical practice. They are safe, effective, and necessary for combating the spread of countless viral diseases.
The “do your research and decide what’s right for you” approach that celebrities like Minaj seem to be endorsing is a disingenuous view. It undermines centuries of epidemiology and important work to fight diseases by suggesting that vaccine safety boils down to how you, personally, feel about vaccines. But the question of whether vaccines are safe isn’t up for debate. The answer is simple: yes.
Minaj’s reluctance to say yes is unfortunate — but it’s important to note she’s far from the only celebrity who’s waffled about vaccine efficacy, spread misinformation, or outright rejected the vaccine. Minaj’s tweets are particularly significant, however, because they weren’t totally anti-vax — and because they came at a moment when all eyes were on her because of her absence from the Met Gala. Thus, many, many people saw Minaj presenting personal ambivalence as an alternative to promoting and trusting science and being responsible about getting vaccinated.
We may be making “My cousin in Trinidad” jokes for a long while to come. The unfortunate influence of Minaj’s vaccine resistance could last even longer.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Opinion: We’re not calling out Nicki Minaj. We’re calling her in.
Pop star Nicki Minaj in New York in 2018. (Charles Sykes/Invision/AP)
Opinion by Oni Blackstock
and
Uché Blackstock

September 17, 2021 at 3:39 p.m. EDT

Oni Blackstock is a primary care and HIV physician and founder and executive director of Health Justice. Uché Blackstock is an emergency physician and founder and chief executive of Advancing Health Equity.

We’re not writing to call out Nicki Minaj. We’re calling her in.
The superstar rapper on Tuesday tweeted a dubious third-hand story about the coronavirus vaccine. Her cousin’s friend in Trinidad, she said, had developed a concerning fertility-related side effect after receiving the shot: “His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding.” The tweet exploded, even prompting the White House to offer to discuss the vaccine with her over the phone.

Minaj’s now-infamous post follows comments from other Black musicians, such as the rapper Busta Rhymes and R&B singers Tank and Summer Walker, who have taken to stages and social media to question the safety and utility of the vaccines. Given the unique trust many Black people afford Black musicians — and the understandable skepticism with which many regard the medical establishment — it is extra critical we make sure these celebrities have all the information they need to talk about the vaccines responsibly. And the best way to do so is without judgment.

Minaj was inundated with criticism for her tweet and subsequent doubling down, and in the end, she said she would probably get the vaccine to go on tour. But the harm had been done. The next day, Minaj fans protested outside the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention headquarters in Atlanta. “Nicki Minaj told the truth to me!” demonstrators shouted. “[Anthony] Fauci lied to me!” In Trinidad, the site of the supposed incident, the country’s health minister bemoaned the effect Minaj’s words would have on vaccine uptake — as well as the fact that his department wasted a day “running down this false claim.”
Minaj’s impact shouldn’t be surprising. Black celebrities, especially those in music, have always had a singular place in Black culture. Stretching back to the West African griots, the traveling musical poets who preserved oral history, Black musicians have been in constant dialogue with their community. The music of many of these artists has sustained Black Americans through impossible times, from the trauma of enslavement to the trauma of this pandemic. An intimacy and familiarity with the artists who make this music can’t help but develop.

So when Black celebrities such as Minaj talk (or tweet), Black people in particular listen, especially when the subject is one as politicized and polarizing as the vaccine. It seems unlikely Minaj was trying to discourage people from getting the vaccine — in fact, it seems she was just thinking out loud — but even social-media musings from someone of her stature can convince people on the fence they should not get the vaccine.

ADVERTISING

Meanwhile, we Black physicians are working against history — and the present — to win trust. As much as Black health-care providers have been elevated during the pandemic, many Black Americans still understandably see us as part of “the system,” a racist one that has long marginalized and disenfranchised our community — and continues to do so.
This mistrust reflects in vaccination rates. While Black Americans’ uptake has slowly increased and inequities have narrowed, still only 43 percent are fully vaccinated, the lowest proportion of any racial or ethnic group, despite the fact that Black Americans are almost three times as likely as their White counterparts to be hospitalized because of covid-19, and twice as likely to die.

Black physicians have even been accused of being paid by the government and pharmaceutical companies to encourage Black Americans to get vaccinated. This point was highlighted when one of our patients, an older Black woman, said that just because a doctor is Black doesn’t mean we can’t do harm. She then recalled the infamous Tuskegee syphilis study, and the Black nurse who helped recruit and monitor Black men yet did nothing to rescue them from the unethical and dangerous experiment.

Where there is mistrust — and here there are generations of it — misinformation has an opportunity to flourish. The problem only worsens when the inaccurate information is coming from some of a community’s most influential cultural figures.
But that gap can be bridged. Instead of “calling out” our Black celebrities who air their concerns about or opposition to the vaccine, we’d like to call them in, a phrase with origins in social justice movements and popularized by professor Loretta J. Ross. The shame of calling out will only shut down dialogue; calling in with love and respect can maintain the back-and-forth we need to ensure our community’s distinctly trusted celebrities use their platforms to protect us.

The country is suffering through a fourth wave of this pandemic, and Black Americans are being hit hard. The vaccines remain one of the most important ways we can protect our communities. So from Black physicians to Black musicians: We need your help. If you have questions, please tell us. Your voices carry such power. We want you to use them. We just want you to use them responsibly.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
THE LAW DEC. 9, 2021
Nicki Minaj Files Legal Documents in Response to Husband’s Accuser’s Lawsuit
By Alejandra Gularte
Photo: Gilbert Carrasquillo/GC Images
According to TMZ, Nicki Minaj has filed legal documents in response to a harassment lawsuit from her husband Kenneth Petty’s accuser. Petty’s victim Jennifer Hough filed a lawsuit against him and Minaj, accusing them of harassment to retract her allegations that Petty raped her in a 1994 incident. The singer’s new court documents claim Hough is “lying for a payday.” Minaj’s filings include alleged evidence in the inconsistencies in Hough’s story, such as texting Minaj after changing her phone number to avoid harassment and the accusation that Minaj’s team offered $500,000 to her brother “if she recanted [her accusations] in a written statement.” Overall, Minaj’s team claims Hough is looking for financial gain from the lawsuit while Hough maintains her claim of harassment, witness intimidation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress from Minaj and Petty.