"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Welp, the SEC could have done conference only years ago and produced the best team in the land; they can now follow the Big Ten’s lead to do conference-only as a test to see if they could one day secede from the NCAA for football and still make long bread.

Im guessing all Power 5 school will announce a similar plan by close of business tomorrow.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
107529584_10221073407532545_4644966893823206054_n.jpg

107462941_10221073407612547_5160870997284642987_n.jpg

107159565_10221073408252563_8754898815449794918_n.jpg

Last edited:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He needs to specify that counties be below x amount of cases for x amount of day, before lowering levels. Or make masks mandatory period. Otherwise this is just going to cause a bunch of confusion.
Republicans were ticked off when 2 people died of Ebola. Conservatives are not only not fit to govern democrats with conservative talking points are not either.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
It Begins

First Covid-19-related lawsuit against Gallatin nursing home alleges gross negligence in patient's death

Posted at 10:48 AM, Jul 09, 2020

and last updated 5:20 PM, Jul 09, 2020

GALLATIN, Tenn. (WTVF) — The first Coronavirus-related lawsuit has been filed against the Gallatin nursing home that was the epicenter of a huge outbreak in Sumner County in late March.
More than 160 people from the Gallatin Center for Rehabilitation and Healing ended up testing positive for the virus and more than two dozen elderly residents died.

Now the daughter of one of those patients is suing the Gallatin Center because she says the facility needs to be held accountable.
"She was my mother. She was my brothers' mother. She was my grandkids' grandmother. She was my great grandkids' great grandmother. And we don’t have her now," Debbie Bolton explained.
Bolton said her mother, Ruth Clara Summers, is deeply missed. The 89 year old woman had lived at the Gallatin Center for Rehabilitation and Healing for nearly a year when she passed away March 29th from Covid 19.
Now Bolton is suing the nursing home, alleging gross negligence and recklessness by the facility led to Summers' untimely death.
"This is a classic example of putting profit over patient safety," attorney Clint Kelly said..
The medical malpractice lawyer now represents Bolton.
"This (Summers' death) was preventable. They (the nursing home) knew back in January and February what was coming. But they did not get prepared for it. And once it came, they did not act properly to prevent it," Kelly explained.
The 23 page complaint filed in the Sumner County Circuit Court lays out a long list of alleged failures by the Gallatin Center to protect its residents, including that it failed to properly isolate patients with Covid 19 symptoms and failed to properly use and supply masks and PPE. According to the lawsuit, employees who had symptoms were told they had to show up for work or be fired. And other workers who attended a company conference in New York during the height of the outbreak were allegedly allowed to immediately return to work rather than be quarantined for 14 days.
"That’s the kind of reckless indifference that was going on at this place," Kelly told NewsChannel 5 Investigates.
The lawsuit alleges that nursing home managers knew and/or suspected residents had been exposed to Covid 19, but "attempted to cover it up by concealing" it from both families and staff.
Kelly says records show Clara Summers had been showing signs of Coronavirus infection for nearly a week before she was finally sent to the hospital.
"They didn’t take her symptoms seriously. They didn’t take the exposure in the facility seriously until they finally had to be forced to evacuate the patients. That’s ridiculous!" Kelly stated.
In the weeks that followed that mass evacuation, more than two dozen residents died, including Summers, without loved ones by their side.
"It was hard," Bolton recalled of not being allowed by her mother when she passed.
Bolton says the loss of her mother left a huge void.
"My granddaughter had to go to the graveyard and have her picture made with my mama in a cap and gown. That was being with her great grandma," Bolton described tearfully.
This lawsuit comes after state lawmakers tried to pass legislation that would have made it very hard to sue nursing homes for Coronavirus related deaths and injuries.
Lt. Governor Randy McNally later tweeted that the bill's failure "created an opportunity for trial lawyers seeking a payday to disrupt our economy and put people out of work."
A week later, the Governor signed an executive order giving nursing homes protection from Coronavirus lawsuits going forward.
"It seems to me that there are people in the legislature more interested in protecting corporate misconduct than the patients and the residents who die from it and that’s wrong," Kelly said.
He realizes this is a difficult time for a lawsuit like this and so does Debbie Bolton.
"If it makes the nursing homes wake up and do their job taking care of, then my mother did not have to die in vain," Bolton explained.
They say this case is not about money. It's about making sure another deadly nursing home outbreak does not happen again.
"There are more people testing positive for COVID-19 at that facility. Even today. That is inexcusable. How many people are going to have to die before this nursing home gets its act together?" Kelly said.

An attorney for the Gallatin Center told us they could not comment specifically on the care and treatment Ms. Summers received, but said in a statement, the facility strongly denies the allegations.
Here's the complete statement.

Statement from Andrew Sheeley, counsel to the Gallatin Center for Rehabilitation and Healing:
“We cannot comment specifically on the details of the care and treatment Ms. Summers received while she was a resident at the Gallatin Center, except to confirm that it was timely and appropriate.
“We strongly deny these allegations. It is not uncommon for plaintiff’s attorneys to include a multitude of allegations when drafting up a lawsuit. It does not mean the allegations are true. It is the plaintiff’s burden to prove the allegations.
“As we are all well aware at this point, the coronavirus outbreak has swept through senior living facilities across the globe killing thousands of at risk elderly people. As is abundantly clear, Gallatin Center is not the only skilled nursing facility impacted by this tragic pandemic.
“Please recall that Tennessee Department of Health Commissioner Lisa Piercey, in an open statement to the public, remarked that the Gallatin Center’s response to the outbreak was ‘perfectly adequate’. She went on to say that the Gallatin Center was an ‘excellent partner’ with the DOH and ‘very cooperative and protective of their residents’ during the response. Finally, Dr. Piercey informed the public that after an exhaustively thorough investigation, the DOH found ‘no deficient practices’ by the Gallatin Center.”

This shall be the first of MANY LAWSUITS...

Factories are going to be next...

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

I'm praying for you Florida BGOL FAM... Can't stand ya'll teams but I'm praying

Update... I just noticed that this is posted by the same Lawyer that was walking around the Florida beaches dressed as the Grim Reaper... Mad respect for him

I said before in a post that I made in this thread.... Desantis has M.A.G.A. knee pads and had plastic surgery on his mouth so that it fits Trump's gun with the fit of a latex glove that's two sizes too small.... :hmm:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

:lol:
The Rona Reaper saw that meme and was all like.....

tenor.gif

sidebar: that woman at the beginning kept that shit 2000% real...... she needs to speak in front of the Republican congress and Senate
sidebar 2: I bet every strippa he ever fucked said thank god... no more of that fat fuck damn near crushing me for ten minutes

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Hospital at heart of Italy's Covid-19 outbreak has first day with no positive cases

e61e1ab3-4c03-4a43-a659-ffc9c0915e42.jpg

A member of the Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital staff works near a patient in the hospital's Covid-19 division, on April 3, in Bergamo, Italy. Piero Cruciatti/AFP/Getty Images

The main hospital in the city of Bergamo, which was at the heart of the novel coronavirus outbreak in Italy, has had the first day without any Covid-19 patients since February 23, a spokesperson for the Papa Giovanni XXIII told CNN Thursday.

Italy was one of the first countries in Europe to report coronavirus cases and became one of the hardest hit, with its current death toll standing at almost 35,000.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
:confused: ..... 50% ???? .... This doofus just doesn't get it.... in the state that's leading the U.S. in positive test percentages????
:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Ducey orders in-door dining facilities to be limited to 50% occupancy amid Arizona’s COVID-19 spike

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Nueces County Medical Examiners Office not taking COVID-19 victims who died from it and need a FEMA morgue trailer

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas
— The Nueces County Medical Examiners Office is not receiving the bodies of those who have died from COVID-19.

Nueces County Judge Barbara Canales said she received a letter yesterday from the Nueces County Medical Examiner Dr. Adel Shaker stating there was a need for a FEMA Morgue trailer.

CONTINUED:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

original.jpg

The Tragic Loss of Coronavirus Patients’ Final Words

It takes a special kind of inattention to human suffering to not notice how unfortunate it is that people have been left to face death alone.

Of all the wrongdoings of this pandemic, the one that haunts me most is how people are left to die alone. Health-care workers have been heroic throughout all this, but they do not replace the loved ones whom the dying need to be with, and speak with, even if only one last time.