"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The current numbers locally in the province. Yesterday was Canada Day. Weather was blah throughout and into today (cooler and rainy) so that discouraged crowds from gathering like in most years. Plus, the key types of holiday events (in downtown Vancouver) were cancelled. We had better weather weeks back. Traffic volume feels back to normal though (pre-pandemic).

British Columbia (BC) is the westernmost province in Canada, located between the Pacific Ocean and the Rocky Mountains. With an estimated population of 5.1 million as of 2020, it is Canada's third-most populous province. The capital of British Columbia is Victoria, the fifteenth-largest metropolitan region in Canada, named for Queen Victoria, who ruled during the creation of the original colonies. The largest city is Vancouver, the third-largest metropolitan area in Canada, the largest in Western Canada, and the second-largest in the Pacific Northwest. In October 2013, British Columbia had an estimated population of 4,606,371 (about 2.5 million of whom were in Greater Vancouver).[8] The province is currently governed by the British Columbia New Democratic Party, led by John Horgan, in a minority government with the confidence and supply of the Green Party of British Columbia. Horgan became premier as a result of a no-confidence motion on June 29, 2017.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
:hmm: :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

2/10 Trump: "Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer it miraculously goes away"
2/27 Trump: "It's going to disappear one day, it's like a miracle it will disappear"
3/06 Trump: "Stay calm... You have to be calm, it'll go away"
4/29 Trump: "It's gonna go away, this is gonna go away"
6/15 Trump: "At some point this stuff goes away and it's going away."
6/17 Trump: "It's fading away. It's going to fade away"
6/18 Trump: "And it's dying out. The numbers are starting to get very good."
7/02 Trump: "I think that we're gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear I hope."

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Alabama students throwing 'COVID parties' to see who gets infected: Officials
Rising infections prompt Gov. Kay Ivy to extend 'Safer at Home' orders.

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."

Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith told the City Council on Tuesday that he has confirmed the students' careless behavior.

In a briefing to the City Council, Smith expressed concern that in recent weeks there have been parties held throughout the city and surrounding Tuscaloosa County, "where students, or kids, would come in with known positive," according to a video recording of the meeting obtained by ABC affiliate station WBMA in Birmingham.

"We thought that was kind of a rumor at first," Smith told the council members. "We did some research. Not only do the doctors' offices confirm it but the state confirmed they also had the same information."

In his presentation, Smith, who wore a face mask, did not say what is being done to curb the behavior or what schools the students were from. Tuscaloosa is the seventh-largest city in Alabama and home to The University of Alabama and several other colleges.

Just hours after Smith's briefing, the City Council unanimously passed an ordinance requiring people to wear face coverings when out in public.

They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot.
On Wednesday, Holly Whigham, a spokesperson for the fire department, told ABC News, "We are not releasing any statements about what was said last night."

It was unclear if the COVID-positive students infected anyone at the parties they attended.

Richard Rush, a city spokesman, said in a statement to ABC News that the city "is currently working with local agencies and organizations to ensure that we do everything in our power to fight this pandemic."

McKinstry said she fears that some people will attend the parties not knowing their intent and be exposed to infected guests.

"We're trying to break up any parties that we know of," McKinstry told ABC News, adding the infected students are obviously disregarding guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to self-quarantine for two weeks.

MORE: Coronavirus map: Tracking the spread in the US and around the world
"It's nonsense," McKinstry added. "But I think when you're dealing with the mind frame of people who are intentionally doing stuff like that and they're spreading it intentionally, how can you truly fight something that people are constantly trying to promote?"

Arrol Sheehan, spokesperson for the Alabama Department of Public Health, said the state's "Safer at Home Order" explicitly states that people who test positive "shall be quarantined to their place of residence for a period of 14 days."

Sheehan stressed that violation of the heath order is a misdemeanor and fines for each violation can be up to $500.

"Suspected violations of the home quarantine order should be reported to law enforcement and the local health department," she said in a statement to ABC News.

As of Wednesday, Alabama had recorded 38,422 COVID-19 cases, an increase of 10,696 in the last 14 days, according to data provided by the state Department of Public Health. At least 947 people have died in Alabama from the virus.

MORE: How air purifiers and cleaners may help keep you safer indoors from COVID-19
In Tuscaloosa County, 2,049 people had contracted the contagion and 38 deaths had occurred in the county, according to the Department of Public Health.

Word of the COVID parties came on the same day Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey announced she is extending the "Safer at Home" orders through July 31 because coronavirus infections continue to rise.

MORE: Scientists test which face covering style best protects against the coronavirus
Under the extended orders, gyms, entertainment venues, child care facilities and barbershops are required to follow sanitation and social distancing rules. Retail stores are allowed to open with a 50% occupancy rate.

"Personal responsibility means it is everyone's responsibility," Ivy said at a news conference. "If we continue going in the wrong direction, and our hospitals are not able to handle the capacity of patients, then we're going to reserve the right to come back in and reverse course."

Alabama State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris, who joined Ivy at the news conference, urged people to wear face coverings although they are not required statewide.

"We know face coverings aren't perfect and they don't stop everything," Harris said. "But they do limit transmission."

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
FLORIDA HITS NEW MILESTONE WITH 10,00+ NEW CASES IN ONE DAY

tenor.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

.​

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
They said the record for the country was 11,000 in NY. We're a sneeze and a cough away from that. :smh:

Keep in mind that occured in NY in the earlier stages of this when the country was caught off guard and nobody knew what to do in order to prevent spreading.

Florida's numbers are rising at a time when we all know what to do in order to avoid spreading this virus and they're ignoring them.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Young cac in Rockland county New York despite showing symptoms and violating statewide order capping gatherings at 10..... over 100 attended.... host later tested positive.... so did 8 guests... with at least 90+ more guests exposed.... the guests refused all contact tracing... "I don't have to speak with you."...."Don't call me again.".... "I will not tell you anything." ... "I was not at the party, it doesn't matter what anyone else says." ... "I was not there and I'm not going to peak."
Rockland County officials are playing hardball with subpoenas... those that don't comply will be fined $2000... a day

Rockland County, Probing New Cluster, Uses Subpoenas as People Resist Contact Tracing
Multiple people apparently contracted COVID-19 after attending a party given by someone who knew they had symptoms

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Trump plans huge July 4 fireworks show despite DC's coronavirus concerns

10,00 FIREWORKS
MULTIPLE FLYOVERS
300,00 MASKS SUPPLIED...though none of the MAGA will wear them... they'll jut use them as hot dog holders....

HAND SANITIZER STATIONS.... Note that hand sanitizer is extremely flammable... will all attending have to sign liability waivers?

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s July Fourth celebration on the National Mall will feature one of the largest fireworks displays ever and as many as 300,000 face masks will be given away to those who want them — but despite health concerns from D.C.'s mayor, no one apparently will be required to wear them.

Trump made no mention of the masks or of the pandemic overall in a tweet Wednesday on his Independence Day pIans. He thanked corporate donors for supporting “what will, without question, be a special evening.”

Interior Secretary David Bernhardt outlined a second year of military-focused events in the nation’s capital on July Fourth, including Defense Department flyovers for a “one-of-a-kind air show.”

CONTINUED:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

My county has highest or second highest cases in the state but won't make mask mandatory.....

Holy shit....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I'm in Franklin County. We're bright red, too.

Let me amend that. We are star students because we're almost purple.

The governor is so busy worrying about his political career, he's not even thinking about people's lives.

Then,want to lash out at people for vandalizing the statehouse during a protest. I couldn't believe that shit.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I don't understand,why people are in a rush to open the schools when there's no vaccine...Then,you know kids won't have the mask on all day in the school.

So,fucking stupid...

Not sending my daughter back. Either remote learning or home schooling.

Kids are dirty as fuck. What they think is going to happen? Kids will be come the super spreaders. It’s inevitable.

SKATTA

International
International Member
A man who knows what he is talking about.
first 30mins
i hope gilead rob you ppl blind.

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Claiming confusion, Texas Medical Center changes how it reports ICU capacity amid COVID-19

Texas Medical Center hospitals stopped updating key metrics showing the stress rising numbers of COVID-19 patients were placing on their facilities for more than three days, rattling policymakers and residents who have relied on the information to gauge the spread of the coronavirus.

The institutions — which together constitute the world’s largest medical complex — reported Thursday that their base intensive care capacity had hit 100 percent for the first time during the pandemic and was on pace to exceed an “unsustainable surge capacity” of intensive care beds by July 6.

Then, after reporting numerous charts and graphs almost daily for three months, the organization posted no updates until around 9 p.m. Saturday, sowing confusion about the hospitals’ ability to withstand a massive spike in cases that has followed Gov. Greg Abbott’s May decisions to lift restrictions intended to slow the virus.

When the charts reappeared, eight of the 17 original slides had been deleted — including any reference to hospital capacity or projections of future capacity. The TMC later called that update “incomplete.”

Following a Houston Chronicle story highlighting the missing charts, the TMC at 6 p.m. Sunday posted updated data featuring most of the original information with a few cosmetic changes, as well as some additional slides attempting to better explain the hospitals’ capacity.

Houston Methodist CEO Dr. Marc Boom stressed that the new data was not reinvented — all the figures and projection models are the same — but was simply reformatted in an effort to make clear that reaching 100 percent of capacity in an ICU is a moving target. TMC hospitals have a combined 373 beds, for instance, that can become ICU beds with a “challenging” but “doable” amount of effort, Boom said, with the reassignment of trained staff and equipment.

Doing so would take the TMC facilities’ combined 93 percent ICU capacity as of the Sunday report down to 72 percent, the chart shows.

Boom said he and his peers knew as the pandemic wore on that the measurement of ICU capacity the slides displayed was imperfect and did not convey the way they are run, but did not revisit the charts as quickly as they should have.

“This is just trying to be clear. We want to be as helpful as we possibly can,” Boom said. “Obviously, this got delayed a couple days because it’s complicated — you put 11 or so institutions together all trying to figure out something this complicated and trying to figure out how we express it a little bit more accurately — it took a while, a little longer than any of us would have liked, but simply because it’s complicated. I like what we came up with.”

CONTINUED: