Word on the Street is that Rehnquist will retire today

tian

Star
Registered
So, Bush will have two Supreme Court Nominees. That's huge. Let the prognosticating begin!

tian

tian

Star
Registered
Dolemite said:
wipe the shiteating grin off your face :(

lol

Actually, I am kinda sad. I think that Affirmative Action is in trouble. The conservatives' two main issues: Abortion (I can care less) and Affirmative Action (I care a great deal.)

tian

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
tian said:
Word on the Street is that Rehnquist will retire today
His resignation was never the most crucial. Replacing Rehnquist alone with whomever would not have greatly affected the balance. Its O'connor's and any others that may resign or die during the next 3.5 years that threaten issues of importance to us.

QueEx

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mutha Fuck Rehnquist He is a racist and always has been.

Damn shame that the cheif justice of the highest court in the land is a racist. Well who cares America is what it is.

-1952 William Hubbs Rehnquist (1924-living) Current Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court who supported Jim Crow laws. As as young clerk for a member of the Supreme Court, Justice Robert Jackson, he wrote a memo for his boss concerning Brown v the Board of Education stating,

"I realise," wrote Rehnquist, "that it is an unpopular and unhumanitarian position, for which I have been excoriated by `liberal' colleagues, but I think Plessy v Ferguson was right and should be reaffirmed."
He felt , that it was "about time the [Supreme] Court faced the fact that the white people of the south don't like the coloured people."
Rehnquist also recently strucked down the University of Maryland's scholarships for black students claiming that it was unconstitutional.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
My Question about these Supreme Court Justices, is that dont they have to follow the US Constitution?

If they made a Decision already on Abortion and Affirmative Action, baseing it on the Constitution, why is everybody up in a uproar?

Peace.