Will the Anti-Bush Vote ???

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="4">
Will The Anti-Bush Vote ?
</font size>

<font size="3">My "unoffiial" and "unscientific" survey of member comments on this board and the so-called "main board" seems to show that 9 out of 10 disapprove of George W. Bush for one or more reasons. Some appear to disapprove of GW because he is Republican, some because of the War on Terror, some because of the War in Iraq, some because of Iran and/or North Korea, others because of the economy, and some ... just because.

The 2006 mid-term elections will take place on Tuesday, November 7, 2006 and there are enough seats up for election in the House and Senate to possible change the political direction of this country (assuming the Anti-bush care about, this country), whether the person they vote for is Republican, Democrat, Independent, or other.

- Will the Anti-Bush vote?

- Or, will the Anti-Bush simply stay home and talk shit and complain when nothing changes?

- Or, do the Anti-Bush simply lack the faith that political change actually occurs -- preferring instead to wait at home for TV to televise the results of a revolution that never occurred because they stayed, at home?

- Or, will the Anti-Bush rely upon Hip-Hop moguls to talk shit about unrealized voter-turnout? -

- Hell, are the Anti-Bush even "Registered to Vote" ???

</font size>

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
... on the other hand, what I see on these boards tend to reflect I lot of what I see everyday. People complaining but not exercising the franchise ...

Greed

Star
Registered
I had to ask, because I'm sure you know many posters here think since cosigning is rampant here, there view is actually popular outside of black people.

My answer is nothing is different from any other off-year election. Black vote goes 90-10% Democrat with 40-50% turnout.

I think every one of your questions can be answered with, "no more than usual." I personally don't imagine black people being more active than usual this year.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I don't suspect that Black turnout will be any different than any other year either; but I couldn't resist since this forum is available, trying to stir a little attention. If you noticed, I don't care who their choice might be or what party the choice belongs to ... so long as they let their voices be heard through the ballot.

I think the dontvote.com ads urging people not to vote ... until they have explored the candidates/issues are interesting.

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor
The answer is, probably not! As much as members on this board don't like bush for various reasons, they like the system even less. Participating in the act of voting means driving somewhere to stand in line to cast a vote, something they've already been lead to believe is fixed or can be changed. So why do it? Most won't feel anything from it and their lives won't change in any significant way and in most cases will get worse since democrats have already promised to raise your tax burden. That you'll feel overnight so why bother?
IMHO

-VG

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
vote for what?
from what i see the governemnt the follow the rules anyways.
whoeva u vote in might be heavily influenced by someone else.
kinda like how Bush is heavily influenced by his father, Cheney and the rest of the lynch mob.
some of these high powered people just say yes to anything...no real backbone.
Americans are to brain washed to vote for the right person.
and as far as black folks.....voting is about the last thing that will "save us".
most people just vote for people cause they dont like the other person.
who really cares about the REAL POLITICS, right?
Democrates are not the saviors of the nation.
most, but not all, are crooked just like the republicans.
What americans need to do is get together and get all these crooked out the government.
if we did that...im sure it would send a strong message.
but if u wanna take the other route and vote
...........BE INDEPENDANT.

Last edited:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
What I can't understand is why the fuck do people complain so much
and then do so little about it. I swear, somethimes I think our people
are paralyzed by the COMPLAINTS and EXCUSES. Complaints about
what is wrong or whats happening to us -- and excuses, excuses
about doing something about it. How someone can rationalize that
voting is a useless exercise just baffles me. Do they not have any
idea of the lessons from the Civil Rights Era? Do they believe white
folks just "allowed" Black people's rise? Those who were beaten and
especially those who died for the right to vote must be turning over
in their graves at how far we've gone BACKWARDS!

QueEx

Makeherhappy

Potential Star
Registered
:lol:

Interesting.

Not just our people are paralyzed, but people in general.

What's said about the civil rights era, is people died for us to vote, to find out our vote really doesn't count.

For example:

Illinois

A democratic state, so if republicans in that state wanted to win it is virtually impossible.

Our democratic governor has to be one of the worst in the history of the state. He's destroying the school system. He's raised taxes. Oh he did "provide healthcare to all children."

Think about, when we vote, notice the wording, nothing will change. We'll continue to be in Iraq, Iran will continue to make nukes, North Korea will continue to test and threaten with war. That's internationally.

Now Domestically, we will still have the corruption in congress, the military industrial complex will continue, the scandals will continue.

We vote for change, but I never seem to see the change.

A LOT OF PEOPLE I TALK TO, "ARE TIRED OF VOTING FOR THE LESSER OF 2 EVILS"

In closing, I can understand why people don't vote. If they choose not to vote that is on them.

My 2 cents

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I am believing that voting is the opiate of the masses.

I hear bush all the time....the iraqis had a few elections, well that hasnt helped them with shit.

Voting is for the less of two evils, bottom line, no revolution as been done without violence.

But I vote so I can bitch all I want.

The only time voting is usefull is for laws and for taxes. Like when they ask the people to decide if they want legal weed, yet when the people vote yes the government still steps in, so what the fuck is the point???

But yeah, vote, so you can complain. But this country didnt vote itself into independence it fought for it.

I mean how crooked do you think the game is when people spend millions for jobs worth only a couple hundred grand?

They aint catering to the voter they cater to the people that put them there with money!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The real power isnt voting, its the lobby, like I said voting is the opiate.

The real power is lobby, you get that shit rolling and shit gets done, its is the best thing outside of violence.

Of course regular humanoids dont even think or know how powerful lobbying is or why it is important to have that more organized than anything if you want something done.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Makeherhappy said:
Interesting.

Not just our people are paralyzed, but people in general.
You're right, but I am more concerned with WHAT WE DO. With a rough turnout of 50% in many elections and with the vote in many races being fairly equally divided between the candidates of the major parties, that means 26 to 27% of voters are deciding shit for the whole. With that same 50 or so percent turnout, how much more weight would the Black vote carry if it got off its apathetic ass ???

What's said about the civil rights era, is people died for us to vote, to find out our vote really doesn't count.

Brother, thats the kind of assinine thought that has crept into the Black voter psyche. Every fucking vote counts. Every. Because a particular vote didn't go your way doesn't mean yours didn't count, it simply means that those who thought differently from you won. To show you how off-base your statement is, I wonder what would have happened had Black people stayed home in greater numbers in Illinois a year ago. Obama would still be in the Illinois legislature and a lot of people people would be walking around talking about ... what coulda been.

For example:

Illinois

A democratic state, so if republicans in that state wanted to win it is virtually impossible.
Really? Who are: Henry Hyde, Mark Steven Kirk, Jerry Weller, Judy Biggert, <u>Dennis Hastert</u>, Timothy Johnson, Donald Manzullo, Ray LaHood and John Shimkus ???

Our democratic governor has to be one of the worst in the history of the state. He's destroying the school system. He's raised taxes. Oh he did "provide healthcare to all children."
When enough voters want your governor out, he will be out. But so long as voters stay home talking about their votes don't count, they deserve what they get.

Think about, when we vote, notice the wording, nothing will change. We'll continue to be in Iraq, Iran will continue to make nukes, North Korea will continue to test and threaten with war. That's internationally.
I can't really be surprised you think this way. Your posts in the 9-11 threads demonstrate a preoccupation with theories of "intentional conspiracy", hence, your feeling that someone is intentionally rendering your vote void is about par for the course.

As far as waking up the day after an election an realizing that nothing has changed -- you must have missed it. It changes everytime, whether its slightly towards or more against, where you stand. But if you didn't participate, you may have complaints of the outcome, but you really just need to stfu.

Now Domestically, we will still have the corruption in congress, the military industrial complex will continue, the scandals will continue.
Members of government are mere people from the general population cloaked with responsibility. They err just like people in the general population. Contrary to what you might think, those who don't stay home on election day tend to go out and remove their asses, if they haven't resigned or been removed before that time.

We vote for change, but I never seem to see the change.
Ya know, change is sort of relative. If you're waiting for the body politic to shift to your views on things such as 9-11, I can see why you never seem to see change. It might be where you're standing.

A LOT OF PEOPLE I TALK TO, "ARE TIRED OF VOTING FOR THE LESSER OF 2 EVILS"
Here I tend to agree with you. I wish there were more candidates with my views in races where I can vote. But, until such an ideal candidate comes along, I have a duty to do whats right for me and mine from the choices available.

Makeherhappy

Potential Star
Registered
QueEx said:
You're right, but I am more concerned with WHAT WE DO. With a rough turnout of 50% in many elections and with the vote in many races being fairly equally divided between the candidates of the major parties, that means 26 to 27% of voters are deciding shit for the whole. With that same 50 or so percent turnout, how much more weight would the Black vote carry if it got off its apathetic ass ???

I agree, but I wouldn't consider black folks, in your words, as an "it." Almost make me believe you aren't black. Use a better word that "it."

QueEx said:
Brother, thats the kind of assinine thought that has crept into the Black voter psyche. Every fucking vote counts. Every. Because a particular vote didn't go your way doesn't mean yours didn't count, it simply means that those who thought differently from you won. To show you how off-base your statement is, I wonder what would have happened had Black people stayed home in greater numbers in Illinois a year ago. Obama would still be in the Illinois legislature and a lot of people people would be walking around talking about ... what coulda been.

On the local and state level, yes. I'm still not convinced on a national level. With you reference to Obama, he would have got in if blacks voted for him or not.

http://www.blackcollegewire.org/news/061016_obama/

QueEx said:
Really? Who are: Henry Hyde, Mark Steven Kirk, Jerry Weller, Judy Biggert, <u>Dennis Hastert</u>, Timothy Johnson, Donald Manzullo, Ray LaHood and John Shimkus ???

You are right

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/statemapredbluelarge.png

I was fortunate enough to have dinner with Shimkus and Weller, interesting. More talk about work with China than anything else.

QueEx said:
When enough voters want your governor out, he will be out. But so long as voters stay home talking about their votes don't count, they deserve what they get.

Tru, fuck em, right?

QueEx said:
I can't really be surprised you think this way. Your posts in the 9-11 threads demonstrate a preoccupation with theories of "intentional conspiracy", hence, your feeling that someone is intentionally rendering your vote void is about par for the course.

Where did the conspiracy and 911 come in the conversation. "We'll continue to be in Iraq, Iran will continue to make nukes, North Korea will continue to test and threaten with war." That statement made no reference to conspiracy or 911. YOUR REACHING.

QueEx said:
As far as waking up the day after an election an realizing that nothing has changed -- you must have missed it. It changes everytime, whether its slightly towards or more against, where you stand. But if you didn't participate, you may have complaints of the outcome, but you really just need to stfu.

Oh I participated. and as far as the STFU. REDIRECT THAT TO SOME KID. NOT HERE NOT EVA.

QueEx said:
Members of government are mere people from the general population cloaked with responsibility. They err just like people in the general population. Contrary to what you might think, those who don't stay home on election day tend to go out and remove their asses, if they haven't resigned or been removed before that time.

Yeah in a perfect that's what would happen, but like you said, "they err just like people in the general population.

QueEx said:
Ya know, change is sort of relative. If you're waiting for the body politic to shift to your views on things such as 9-11, I can see why you never seem to see change. It might be where you're standing.

You right a million dollars is a lot of money to some, and not to others. Guess what, that's not a lot of money to me. But like change, it's relative.
You have a fascination with 9-11. Let's go to another thread for that. It's obvious you need a hug, because you are stuck on that date.

QueEx said:
Here I tend to agree with you. I wish there were more candidates with my views in races where I can vote. But, until such an ideal candidate comes along, I have a duty to do whats right for me and mine from the choices available.

Your right. Didn't know you had views, please share.

In closing, I vote. I'm not an "it". You are so quick to throw 911 in everything. I don't see the perfect world you live in. As far as Illinois politics, do a lot more research on this political system.

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
I vote and this year, i am considering doing this...
http://www.videothevote.org/

American Voters Must Not Reward Failure
Monday, 30 October 2006, 12:08 pm
Ramzy Baroud

How critical is the situation in Iraq? It depends on who you ask and when. Common sense tells us that the situation there has always been critical. In fact, one could dare claim that the country has been stricken with political and social upheaval since the early 1990s, when the US led its ‘coalition of the willing’ to liberate Kuwait.

Unfortunately, since American intent was hardly freedom for Kuwait for its own sake, the violent episode didn’t end right there and then. The war established a completely different mood in the region where a permanent American military presence and subsequent built ups threatened a second, and much larger war.

Unlike the dominant narrative, however, the 1990-91 war never brought peace or tranquility to the region; rather, it agitated internal strife within Iraq, positioning the entire region through the barrel of a gun.

Over the next decade, US-led UN economic sanctions wrought untold destruction to the very fabric of Iraqi society, as hundreds of thousands perished because of lack of medicine and food.

The US government calculated that a weary Iraq could not withstand a future military action, and that ravished Iraqis would welcome the toppling of the Iraqi dictator.

Much of that came to fruition in March 2003. Although the televised statue toppling near the Palestine Hotel was at best cheesy military propaganda. In truth, many Iraqis were indeed content to see the end of the Saddam era, while some felt utterly uneasy about replacing an Iraqi dictator with an American one; literally.

But there was no honeymoon to speak of, even during those early stages of occupation. The fact that Shia areas initially welcomed the Americans and largely Sunni population centers fought them, tells us more about the sectarianism of Iraqi society than a particular event that served as a turning point in the anti-occupation struggle.

Sectarianism in Iraq is deep-rooted indeed, but it was even further infuriated by a determined US policy that sought an alliance with Shias and Kurds to achieve what it termed ‘Debaathification of Iraq’, similar to the ‘Denazification of Europe’ decades earlier. This policy was founded on the misguided hypothesis that the Baath party was largely an ‘anti-Shia and Kurd’, exclusively Sunni club.

The process entailed the dismantling of the Iraqi army — an icon of stability and order in Iraq — and replacing it with an army that consisted largely of Kurdish militias in the north and Shia militias everywhere else; both groups had vengeful and murderous intents.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Makeherhappy said:
... but I wouldn't consider black folks, in your words, as an "it." Almost make me believe you aren't black. Use a better word that "it."
Read it again, the "Black vote." A "Vote" is a thing, not a person. The word Black modifies vote to describe a particular thing, the votes of Blacks or our vote. Hence, it was grammatically correct in referring to a thing, the Black vote. Unless you're a thing, please stand corrected.

QueEx