What does everyone think of how she made fried chicken..?

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
There were hints that all was not well in Paula Deen's Southern-fried world. Last November, when NPR correspondent Allison Aubrey asked Deen if she'd ever do healthier versions of her greasy, sugar-laden fare, Deen said: "As I age, and get older and I get 'different things' that I have to battle physically — it may, you know, resonate closer to home for me."

Now we know that Deen has been battling Type 2 diabetes for three years. She revealed that diagnosis this morning on the Today show and announced that she's now working for diabetes drug manufacturer Novo Nordisk.

ap120117133385_wide-c279569cb391079286aa78d35eea0ef0f0ee16b7.jpg

If you're thinking this seems odd for the woman who brought the world deep-fried chocolate-covered cheesecake and a doughnut-hamburger-fried egg sandwich, you're not alone.

As one citizen commentator put it on Twitter this morning: "Now that she sells cookbooks, food, AND diabetes meds, the next logical step for #PaulaDeen is to team with over-sized casket manufacturers."

More than one-third of American adults are obese. Obesity is a key risk factor for Type 2 diabetes, which affects more than 20 million adults.

That's not to say that we should never again enjoy Deen's toffee gooey butter cake, made with two sticks of butter. Or that Deen herself has diabetes because of the way she cooks and eats. But from now on it will be very hard to think of Deen's signature culinary excess without also thinking of a life-threatening disease that brings suffering and premature death to millions of people.

Starting today, Deen faces a tough task: urging her legions of fans to reduce their diabetes risk, without torpedoing the indulge-yourself message that has made her rich, famous and beloved. She's trying.

"I've always encouraged moderation," Deen said on Today. "On my show I share with you all these yummy fattening recipes, but I tell people in moderation, in moderation, you can have that piece of pie."

Still, it's hard not to think that many of us hear the pie part, not the moderation. "It's like I told Oprah a few years back," Deen continued. "I'm your cook, not your doctor. You've got to be responsible for yourself."

Perhaps in recognition of the fact that it's hard to sell indulgence and salad on the same plate, Deen has delegated the cooking-healthy franchise to her sons. Bobby Deen's new show, Not My Mama's Meals, started airing this month on the Cooking Channel. It aims to transform Paula Deen's Southern comfort food into "lighter, lean, yet still delicious dishes."

Deen says she's sworn off sweet tea and is now walking on a treadmill. (She sounded not quite sure about the exercise thing when she talked with NPR in November.) So maybe the message will get across. One thing's for sure: Paula Deen's story is no longer about the pleasure of indulgence, but about one of the nation's biggest health problems.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
They fed that shit to rats, hydrogenated oils they use to cook fries, fish, buffalo wings, chicken that is prevalent in our diet; and needed new rat livers. I skip the fries and get fruit cups or chilli. I might splurge on a rare occassion.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
as soon as I saw the first screenshot I knew it must be that white chick from one of those Gordon Ramsay shows....she can throw down. she booed up with a brotha so it kinda makes sense

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
bitch doin too much.
seasoning salt.......pepper......flour......deep fry........(poke holes in it as it fries)
take it out..........eat.

bitch turned frying chicken into a whole day ordeal.....foh
I give her a A on seasoning we know majority of Cacs hate it.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
I can see how that came across that way. :lol: Naw, I bleach and sanitize countertops utensils and sometimes I soak them in boiling water. I don't wash my chicken due to spreading bacteria. I also wear those cheap food service bags when handling chicken and never let my food touch anything besides the container it came in.

Glad you quoted me so I could clear that up.

giphy.gif

Thanks for clearing that up. I personally love to use the stainless steel sink for cleaning food. Depending how the chicken is being cooked we may soak it in vinegar and water for an hour or so before cleaning the chicken. Otherwise I clean it in the sink with the water running real slow. The slime, skin and fat slides off chicken nice and easy when water is running on it. Doesn't have to be a heavy pour of water either. On the side in the same sink I'll have a little plastic bag I drop was is removed into. Afterwards I pour boiling water into the sink with the utensils and wash everything including the sink. Using a a mix of dish soap and Comet.

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks for clearing that up. I personally love to use the stainless steel sink for cleaning food. Depending how the chicken is being cooked we may soak it in vinegar and water for an hour or so before cleaning the chicken. Otherwise I clean it in the sink with the water running real slow. The slime, skin and fat slides off chicken nice and easy when water is running on it. Doesn't have to be a heavy pour of water either. On the side in the same sink I'll have a little plastic bag I drop was is removed into. Afterwards I pour boiling water into the sink with the utensils and wash everything including the sink. Using a a mix of dish soap and Comet.

Damn L, the vinegar thing is actually a very good idea. I have some apple vinegar I made years ago. Appreciate that brother. I like the boiling water thing too.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Funny you post this cause that mikes hot honey is a 40 million dollar a yr biz and if you hear his origin story he basically plagiarized a Brazilian condiment they were putting on their pizza. He literally got the idea going to a Brazilian pizza shop. Took the idea brought it to America and than perfected it to his liking

Hot honey on pizza..? :puke::smh:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
bitch doin too much.
seasoning salt.......pepper......flour......deep fry........(poke holes in it as it fries)
take it out..........eat.

bitch turned frying chicken into a whole day ordeal.....foh

Yes. Too much damn seasoning. The cayenne pepper was unnecessary since she's adding the other peppers to the marinade. The cayenne pepper will make the chicken taste worse.

However, she gets a B for effort. There's potential.

That chicken looks like it would be way too hot for me to even think about eating it. Entirely too much pepper and seasoning.
Yeah man I was like WTF when she kept adding more and more seasoning, then the chicken wasn't crispy at the end it was crunchy

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Same here but we clean with dish soap and clorox wipes with the bleach. Utensils go in the dish washer on sanitize.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s the origin story of how mikes hot honey originated from. Without hot honey on pizza most people would still be naive to it. Like I said he got the idea from a pizza shop in Brazil than plagiarized the idea and brought it to America
I tried it for the first time about a month ago. I wasn't impressed with it at all.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
My appetitie is coming back, I am going to be bulking up.

This is me around white women unlike Dr. Umar Johnson, you see the display of teeth showing aggression versus him wagging his tail jumping all over that girl in the mall. No wonder Fox has platformed him and he does not post on black social media.

white-dog.jpg

Last edited: