Uproar as California 6th grade students sent racist cards during Black History Month, 'You’re my favorite monkey’

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
The teacher/s behind this shit here.... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

One card read ‘You’re my favorite monkey’, while another stated, ‘To my favorite cotton picker’,'You're my favorite slave', stick figures hanging from trees

022223-peppertree-hero_x3e5qy

California school district is scrambling during Black History Month after elementary students drew racist cards for their Black classmates, leaving many in the community questioning the district’s culture.

“These cards were passed out to the Black kids at my grandchildren's school…Pepper Tree Elementary, for Black History Month,” Earlie Douglas posted on Facebook on Feb. 17. “My grand daughter was told that they were making her one for her that says ‘you are my favorite slave’ and they were drawing a picture of a slave hanging from a tree.”

Along with the post, Douglas attached images of the alleged drawings. In one illustration, “To my favorite cotton picker” is written over a crayon-colored field of cotton on a sheet of paper folded in half.

“HAPPY BLACK HISTORY MONTH,” reads the inside of the makeshift card. “The group will be nice to you all month,” it says with a smiley face. On the opposite page, a stick figure stands in a field with a sign that indicates there’s no more cotton picking.

In a second handmade card, there are two trees with what appears to be a noose hanging between them. Inside the card, a picture of a monkey is drawn that says, “Your [sic] my favorite monkey.”

Earlie Douglas
These cards were passed out to the Black kids at my grandchildren's school, Pepper Tree Elementary PTA,, Upland Unified School District, Pepper Tree Elementary, for Black History Month. My grand daughter was told that they were making her one for her that says "you are my favorite slave" and they were drawing a picture of a slave hanging from a tree. ABC7 News, CNN NAACP

Drawings-1.jpg

Drawings-2.jpg

Upland-Racist-Cards.jpg

“Comprehensive and appropriate grade level United States history should be taught from K-12 and beyond,” someone commented under Douglas’ post. “The parents, teacher and administration have dropped the ball. I am a Black woman raised in the then segregated south, this re-enforces my experiences.”

“As a fellow Pepper Tree parent, I'm appalled and disgusted by this and offer my sincerest apologies to your grandchildren and any other students that are having to go through this,” an Upland resident wrote.

According to local outlet KTLA, the mother of a sixth-grade student pulled her daughter from Pepper Tree after she felt the district wasn’t doing enough to address the issue.

In a statement to The Daily Beast, the Upland Unified School District, located just east of Los Angeles, said that “the cards were not part of a classroom assignment or assigned activity.”

The district apologized for the drawings in a video released Friday.

“Recent racially insensitive, unacceptable incidents have taken place in our schools,” district board president Truman Garnett said in the video. ‘We deeply regret the hurt that this behavior has caused our students, families, and our community. …I want to make it perfectly clear that we have a strict zero-tolerance policy on any type of hate speech; harassment; discriminatory practices, behaviors; racial slurs; and any report of these actions will be investigated thoroughly and immediately.”

If deemed necessary, he claimed the district would take “disciplinary action without hesitation.”

CONTINUED:
California Students Draw Horrific Racist Images for Black History Month (thedailybeast.com)

Last edited:

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The sooner we as a people realize what white people say about us doesn't define us the better off we will be. That some inbred piece of white trash calls me a nigg*r or whatever doesn't affect me at all. If we let them see their words hurt us we've given them them the satisfaction they crave.
Once I made a cracker go apoplectic because I laughed at him calling me a name. If they think that we think we're above them it drives them crazy.

Don't confused this way of dealing with vocal racists with a "turn the othe cheek" philosophy, it ain't. Put you hands on me and it's on. :rolleyes:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
California public school system.. why be surprised ..

Buncha uneducated, racist, simple minded fucks out there

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One of many reasons why we will always go through something this in country, because we never react offended enough for these people to even think about changing. They will get away with this without consequences and the wheel will keep turning and next year, we will hear about something else.

Later on in life, one of these students might be a ceo, teacher, judge, cop, a loan officer at a bank…….racist have been reproducing since 1775