Top Boy all seasons (discussion)

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
The fact that...
The two crack heads were under cover cops the whole time. I didnt notice them sitting in the room with the other cops in the end.
oh i get it now lol i knew the were cops tho cause the dude is a big actor in the uk. so i figured he is not just going to play a crack head.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
I guess when they heard on the movie, Paid in Full, “that everybody gon eat”, they thought we meant drugs, so they call drugs...food. Lol. I shouldn’t make fun of my bruvas since I use to live over there 40 years ago but still. Lol. I love my British brothers. They just like my country cousins. Respect. One.
Jamaican katts is where that "food" came from years ago.

"How does it feel when you got no FOOD?"

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i just finished the season. Loved it. Seems like the writers had a blast with this one. I want to hear the Fam's input, so let's kickstart this thread.

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I checked it. Talked more about the production, I'm looking to hear Fam takes on the story.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i just finished the season. Loved it. Seems like the writers had a blast with this one. I want to hear the Fam's input, so let's kickstart this thread.

Im with you....at first I was a lil confused with the trip to jamaica... but they tied it all in nicely...

I thought it was dope an they do an excellent job with character development..

ok spoiler coming up... if you havent seen the end stop reading NOW...

so the dude with acid face... he gonna be a problem...next

season is gonna be really interesting...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I need to go back and watch the new season.

I never watched Summerhouse, so I went and checked it after I watched the new one.

It made the interaction make sense when dude was like what happen to Dushane.

I fuck with Jamie and his brothers.

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I need to go back and watch the new season.

I never watched Summerhouse, so I went and checked it after I watched the new one.

It made the interaction make sense when dude was like what happen to Dushane.

I fuck with Jamie and his brothers.
I'm team Dushane but Jamie and his brothers were one of the most important pieces of the show. That shit was powerful.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Dris could be alive. Here's why:

Sully isn't the savage he used to be? If this were season 1 or 2, I'd absolutely think so. But Sully hasn't been the same since Jason died. He's already lost one friend. Plus he's a father and they made it a point to show him getting closer to his daughter. Would he really wanna leave Dris' daughter without her father? Plus he was feeling some kinda way about involving Jamie's brothers involved. S1 & S2 Sully wouldn't have given a f*ck. Remember in S1 they kidnapped and Sully (accidentally) killed Kamalie's cousin who wasn't in the game? PLUS, he sent Jaq away before killing Dris... PLUSSSSS, he was listed as "Missing" on the board at the police station, not deceased. Got me wondering if Dris may be alive.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Looking forward to it.

If you want something to hold you over, go on Netflix and watch “The Intent” and “The Intent 2”.

It’s pretty much like Top Boy but done in movie format.

One thing, when watching it, it will help to turn on the subtitles because they will lose you with their heavy accents, dialect and slang. Especially the prison scene in Part 2.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looking forward to it.

If you want something to hold you over, go on Netflix and watch “The Intent” and “The Intent 2”.

It’s pretty much like Top Boy but done in movie format.

One thing, when watching it, it will help to turn on the subtitles because they will lose you with their heavy accents, dialect and slang. Especially the prison scene in Part 2.
Ill peep

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FKcl0hwWYAI9mIT

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
make sure you watch in the correct order. the names were changed recently. actually, summerhouse is first two seasons, then top boy.

This. Best show to me since The Wire. The original first two seasons are so important because you see the growth and full arc of Sully.

Hopefully they find a way to bring Raynell back this season. Was weird having Jason and Gem back for S3 but no Raynell.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sidenote, the last show I did in London I had the crowd cracking up and cringing mixing Philly slang and London slang.
"You youts are some drawlin ass youngbuls"
"Jawn is joe as shit, innit"

Half the crowd was telling me to stop, the other half wanted more.

:lol:
Fam that's got to be so cool!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Sidenote, for those who don't know, sis who plays Shelly on S3+ also raps. She goes by Little Simz. She's nice.

Simbiatu "Simbi" Abisola Abiola Ajikawo[1] (born 23 February 1994), better known by her stage name Little Simz, is a British rapper, singer and actress of Yoruba heritage. She rose to prominence with the independent release of her first three albums, namely A Curious Tale of Trials + Persons (2015), Stillness in Wonderland (2016) and Grey Area (2019), the latter of which was shortlisted for the Mercury Prize and won the awards for Best Album at both the Ivor Novello Awards and the NME Awards. Her fourth album, Sometimes I Might Be Introvert (2021) received widespread critical acclaim, with several publications deeming it the best album of 2021.[2] It also earned her the 2022 Brit Award for Best New Artist.