TJ Maxx applicant in disbelief after learning of $12 minimum wage: ‘Not taking that f–king job’

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because they cater to 2 different class of people. If you shop at Walmart, you’re not the type to sit down and write a review. Poor folks don’t have time for that. Their presence is define by their absence in the archives.
Went to Walmart today in another part of town in Houston. Asap I got there I started feeling weird. Its like 4PM and everyone in dam pajamas walking in the store. This was in a hispanic part of town. Like 20 year old type women in them 1 piece pajama rompers and actually with they moms and kids. Booty shorts thats just too fucking small with bonnets and shit on. I was like this can't be life wearing PJs at 4PM on a weekday.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Went to Walmart today in another part of town in Houston. Asap I got there I started feeling weird. Its like 4PM and everyone in dam pajamas walking in the store. This was in a hispanic part of town. Like 20 year old type women in them 1 piece pajama rompers and actually with they moms and kids. Booty shorts thats just too fucking small with bonnets and shit on. I was like this can't be life wearing PJs at 4PM on a weekday.
Hispanics love pajamas. I’m in Puerto Rico Norte, and it’s the same uniform but with Jordans. Mothafuckas stay in some fresh Jays. When they’re feeling classy, they put on some white Air Forces.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
5 years ago working at this place it wasn't livable wages. It never has been in modern times. Folks are just latching on to the popular thing to say. Why are people wanting low wage jobs and expect to live like the next person? Never in my life as an adult have I ever thought let me get on at McDonalds flip some burgers and have a livable wage. Have the wages increased for profits they make? No but to expect to live a middle class life style is absurd. Saw a video of a girl the other day who graduated with a theater degree working at like Pac Sun. Complained about the wage of the job. Like lady !
It’s not absurd. You’re just a coward.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
This exactly how I started my online reselling business. People don't want to figure out how to grind.:cool:

Yes, I'm sure they do. I don't know what TJ Maxx revenue/margins are, but regardless my point is every job especially small business can't afford to pay a livable wage even if they wanted to. It's just not feasible especially with providing healthcare options, etc and even if they could the market will determine the wage anyway. National minimum wage is 7.25 an hour. Most jobs pay more than that. You can't have a fast food job here in San Antonio for less than $12, nobody would go for it because the market has other entry level jobs paying that or more. If TJ Maxx was hurting for employees in that area, they would pay more to hire them. I don't see the problem.

The problem is there's nearly half a million Tiktok followers talking about this. Most seem to agree with him.

It's not because sobeatmyass is a charismatic celebrity. He's an unemployed nobody in a cheap red hoodie. The reporter couldn't even figure out what state he lived in. It's the message, not the man.

4 years ago a lot of the fast food workers you talk about were "essential workers". Now they don't deserve a livable wage? Like they're supposed to serve your food, clock out, and sleep in their cars? How long do you think that'll last?

Better question, how long do you think society would last without them? Imagine no restaurants, grocery stores, hardware stores, amusement parks, or thousands of other facilities that depend on "unskilled" labor? Who fills those positions when the people doing them now are either unable or unwilling to do the work?

Wages will go up and things will cost more whether you think it's fair or not. Never

daddyfatsacks9000

Unapologetic Heterosexual Male
BGOL Investor
A whole lot of undercover CAC's in this thread. Every time a living wage thread gets posted the BGOL blue bloods come out of the woodwork. 99% of LLC Black Twitter are scammers. Even if it's legitimate, it's still a scam. If you run a business ON ANY LEVEL and your model does not include LIVEABLE wages for employees, then you model is flawed and that particular business should not exist. Niggas really don't mind being exploited if they think they'll get an opportunity to exploit someone else. This is not a debate. This is MY PERSONAL VIEWS. If you want to argue find you mama. I heard she's always down.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Nobody talking about small bizz we talking about big corporations that generate billions that can afford to pay their workers better. tj Maxx is not your local thrift shop

as far as people not wanting to grind it’s not always that it’s something called information and knowledge. If people aren’t presented with something most times they won’t do it cause they don’t know about it. But if you teach them a higher percentage of people will attempt it. If you think everyone was giving thorough knowledge of flipping clothes online you think more people wouldn’t do it? Of course they would. Hell there would be lack of supplies cause people would jump on that hustle quickfast. Pick your own hours, work at your own pace, the money generated for the hours of work put in easily would draw attention to a lot of people if they knew about it

That's the irony of being American. Hustle and grind for a good job at an immigrant business. Folks on the outside can see the potential. Folks born here are brainwashed not to.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Nigga think he at the Gucci store? It's TJ fucking Maxx.
He made that video for views, did he just get out of prison or something because those type of wages have been around for decades, ask him what was his last job. The wild part is he talked all that shit but still took the job

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you're grown trying to pay rent, car note, insurance, child support, utilities and your $100 cell phone bill working at TJ Max or a fast food joint, you're exactly where you deserve to be.

daddyfatsacks9000

Unapologetic Heterosexual Male
BGOL Investor
If you're grown trying to pay rent, car note, insurance, child support, utilities and your $100 cell phone bill working at TJ Max or a fast food joint, you're exactly where you deserve to be.
Bootstraps BGOL be foaming at the mouth to get in threads like these. Most of you middle age niggas on here act and talk like old white men. Exactly why ain't I can't relate to you niggas. I lift the folks around me up. I don't look down on folks that aren't where I am.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bootstraps BGOL be foaming at the mouth to get in threads like these. Most of you middle age niggas on here act and talk like old white men. Exactly why ain't I can't relate to you niggas. I lift the folks around me up. I don't look down on folks that aren't where I am.
Generation X dudes spent their whole lives watching their parents beg for white acceptance, and chasing it themselves.

What do you expect?

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s not absurd. You’re just a coward.

NAW just a dude who been there before in life and didn't act like a bitch. I remember after college the county offered me like 11.62 and that was after I said I had a degree. I put my ego aside and took the job. I was working like 2 months after graduation and was building my resume. Did that till I got me some thing that paid more. Young folks today want shit right away without putting in real work. A hustling ass dude would take the job getting some motion and in your off time do like some door dash or something. Also spend time learning some skills to increase that pay. Folks be wanting to be 19 working at Ross driving a hellcat and also paying rent. Talking about livable wage.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NAW just a dude who been there before in life and didn't act like a bitch. I remember after college the county offered me like 11.62 and that was after I said I had a degree. I put my ego aside and took the job. I was working like 2 months after graduation and was building my resume. Did that till I got me some thing that paid more. Young folks today want shit right away without putting in real work. A hustling ass dude would take the job getting some motion and in your off time do like some door dash or something. Also spend time learning some skills to increase that pay. Folks be wanting to be 19 working at Ross driving a hellcat and also paying rent. Talking about livable wage.
You’re in texas not Philly.. cost of living differs, wages differ.. also what yr did you graduate and get that job? 2009 prices are not 2024 prices.. what you could get for 11.62 15 yrs ago is not the same in 2024.. one of the best ways to look at prices is by checking the movie tix price in your city.. if a single adult tix is more than or the same as your hourly pay than that job is paying you shit. If you can’t buy a single tix from the movies off of one hour of work than that’s not a good place to work

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You’re in texas not Philly.. cost of living differs, wages differ.. also what yr did you graduate and get that job? 2009 prices are not 2024 prices.. what you could get for 11.62 15 yrs ago is not the same in 2024.. one of the best ways to look at prices is by checking the movie tix price in your city.. if a single adult tix is more than or the same as your hourly pay than that job is paying you shit. If you can’t buy a single tix from the movies off of one hour of work than that’s not a good place to work

Bro my check was 731 bucks every 2 weeks for a college graduate!!! I couldn't afford to live solo. That wasn't no livable wage either in 2004!!!! Dawg 11 fucking bucks for a college degree job and that was after I bought up I had a degree they raised the rate. I didn't complain about no living wage rhetoric. I worked my ass off and put myself in a position to do better. In 2024 folks got it easier to make money. You can literally make money from your phone doing door dash, uber, lyft, and other services. I know folks who pay they bills that dam way.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Being on your grind and knowing you have a plan is actually a gift alot of people don't have.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm just going by what works. You can sit around and complain like a loser or you can do something about it. If all you have is TJ Max skills, don't be mad when you get TJ Max money.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bro my check was 731 bucks every 2 weeks for a college graduate!!! I couldn't afford to live solo. That wasn't no livable wage either in 2004!!!! Dawg 11 fucking bucks for a college degree job and that was after I bought up I had a degree they raised the rate. I didn't complain about no living wage rhetoric. I worked my ass off and put myself in a position to do better. In 2024 folks got it easier to make money. You can literally make money from your phone doing door dash, uber, lyft, and other services. I know folks who pay they bills that dam way.
You got paid 11 bucks 20 yrs ago imagine how bad 11 bucks is now. I’m literally explaining if 11 bucks was bad 20 yrs ago imagine what that look like now.. your payment should easily be higher now than over a decade and a half ago. You using the term livable wage. I’m talking about better pay overall. 20 bucks an hr isn’t livable wage in various places but it’s better than 12 bucks an hr. some Of us have pointed out some companies in the retail game are easily paying 3-10 bucks better than what tj maxx is and that corporation has the ability to do the same. Like I said if your hourly pay matches a movie tix or is less you getting a shit end of the deal

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In 1984, I was making $3.35 working at the airport in Houston, doing the same thing that TSA is doing now at airports! But my rent was $300 for a two-bedroom apartment... and I had a roommate!
In 2024 these folks dare not have a roommate smh