This is the story of an abandoned $10.5 MILLION mansion and the man who built it for his family. Dr. Hector Collison

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Update:
Dr. Hector Collison

Renowned cardiologist Dr. Hector Collison was killed in a plane crash; his widow is stuck with an unfinished mansion and millions of dollars in debt.

This is the story of an abandoned mansion and the man who built it for his family. Robert was an accomplished man, graduating from one the nation’s finest medical schools, he became a well known surgeon, a father of four, and even a recreational pilot. Having built a thriving empire with over half a dozen medical offices, in 2006, Robert decided it was time to build a dream mansion for his family. He was by no means a flashy man but no expense was spared in the elaborate design of this 30,0000sqft luxury villa. Comprised of three stories, not counting the full basement, the white marble mansion has eleven bedrooms, thirteen bathrooms, a visitors quarter, indoor pool, outdoor sports complex, four-car garage, mahogany library and an elevator. Aside from its shear magnitude, it embodies the elegance and elaborate design you would only expect from a $10,000,000 mansion.

While it was still under construction, the family moved into the home and Robert’s dream of living the life he’d always wanted was becoming a reality. But the dream would soon come crashing down. Robert and his teenage son were in his plane while on a business trip when they lost control of the aircraft and crashed into rough terrain. Robert, was at the controls. They were both killed upon impact. But the devastation of his death far exceeded what anyone could have imagined. Robert’s multimillion-dollar life insurance policy had been cancelled when he failed to make payments on the premium for the two months leading up to his death. All financial support for his family had been stripped and eight million dollars was still owed on the mansion, not to mention the mortgage was a staggering $50,000 a month. And with the mansion unfinished, the prospect of selling it to someone who had the money, time, and vision to complete the elaborate build was out of the question. It took only three months for the bank cease the property and the house has been sitting abandoned ever since, accumulating water damage with year that passes.

But the mystery of this mansion lies in the huge amount of valuables left inside including luxury cars, lavish furniture, expensive designer clothes and so much more. So let’s now go on a journey inside of this marvelous mansion and let’s explore the dream home that never fully came to be. #AbandonedMansion #AbandonedRealEstate #AbandonedHomes I'm Jeremy and I'm an abandoned explorer and film maker. I document all of my explorations from around the world to shed light into the dark world of decay. Follow my adventures at: INSTAGRAM:

Last edited:

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
This is crazy cause there's a guy and a female that went into the same house and it was supposed to be an ex NBAer who left it but now it's a house of some billionaire.....these cac are creating these stories for these houses for views.
update:
Dr. Hector Collison

Renowned cardiologist Dr. Hector Collison was killed in a plane crash; his widow is stuck with an unfinished mansion and millions of dollars in debt.

Last edited:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I assumed it was the same house cause in one room that had a yellow scaffold and items thrown all about in the same manner and womans clothes with the tags still on them hanging up......

they also has a bens and bug car in the garage .

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tragic fo real.

but that was waaaay too much, unless you have a family of more than ten,

there is too much going on there, the ten million dollar price tag is nothing compared to

what the upkeep is going to be... and young heads nowadays dont like living secluded like that

they want to live in cities/travel it big ass home like that are NOT where you tryin to live

when you get in your latter years..

Bruh wouldve been better off buying a couple of condos...

He lead an awesome life with such a tragicc ending.

I hate stories like this

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Would’ve been a nice location to shoot a movie… coming to America 2 or that crap they calling house party.. that could’ve help pay some of that debt

Where’s bellbivdevo when you need them

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was he doing too much? Creating and managing a growing medical practice wasn't enough? He had to be a pilot as well? :dunno:

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What was wrong with being a pilot? hundreds of thousands of folks with pilots licenses in the US.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a pilot. I salute those that pursue such demanding disciplines. I'm just saying that he may have been chasing too many rabbits, and failed to developed the competence he needed to handle, or correct a miscalculation. It cost him his life, his son's life, and put his surviving family members at risk financially.

babygwirl18

Rising Star
Registered
Tragic story. I hate all the second guessing of the man in this thread. He spread himself thin to get his dream home. Assuming he didn’t die, he probably would have been able to finish the home, and he and his family would be enjoying it right now.

Like most entrepreneurs, he took a risk and tragically he lost. Most people don’t have the guts to start a medical practice, let alone 2 or 3. Clearly he was a risk taker, that’s why he was so successful.

RIP to him. Prayers for his wife and surviving kids.