The Official Bloomberg 2020 Thread

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Judge Judy, who has endorsed Michael Bloomberg for president

Judge Judy, who has endorsed Michael Bloomberg for president, unloads on other Democratic candidates in an interview with CBS News: Sanders and Warren "are in the 1%," Biden is "number two" and Buttigieg "hasn't really accomplished anything." https://cbsn.ws/39joLiB

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
"Opinions are like butts, everybody has one - some BIG, some small and some of then STINK!"

-my Momma

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Leaked Bloomberg audio shows him defending ‘throw them up against the walls’ stop-and-frisk

Newly released audio from a 2015 speech given by Michael Bloomberg shows the former NYC mayor vehemently defending his controversial “stop-and-frisk” policy — a policing procedure that the 2020 presidential candidate has since apologized for.

In the speech, which the billionaire gave to the Aspen Institute, Bloomberg sounded unapologetic in his acknowledgment of how the policy targeted minority kids in minority neighborhoods, arguing that they were targeted “because that’s where all the crime is.”

“Ninety-five percent of murders, murderers and murder victims fit one M.O. You can just take a description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops,” Bloomberg said, “They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city (inaudible). And that’s where the real crime is. You’ve got to get the guns out of the hands of people that are getting killed.

“So one of the unintended consequences is people say, ‘Oh my God, you are arresting kids for marijuana that are all minorities.’ Yes, that’s true. Why? Because we put all the cops in minority neighborhoods. Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is.”

The former mayor went on to defend why he had implemented the controversial policing policy: to get guns out of the hands of kids.

“And the way you get the guns out of the kids’ hands is to throw them up against the wall and frisk them … And then they start … ‘Oh, I don’t want to get caught,’ so they don’t bring the gun. They still have a gun, but they leave it at home.”
michael-bloomberg-aspen-institute.jpg

Enlarge ImageMichael Bloomberg at the Aspen Institute in 2016Paul Bruinooge/Patrick McMullan
He argued that the “stop-and-frisk” policy was necessary to save lives.

“If you can stop them from getting murdered, I would argue everything else you do is less important,” he added.

Shortly after he gave the speech, representatives for Bloomberg asked the Aspen Institute to not distribute footage of his appearance, according to the Aspen Times.

SEE ALSO
1581434477175.gif
Bloomberg apologizes for controversial stop-and-frisk policy
Before entering the Democratic presidential primary last November, the former mayor apologized at one of New York City’s largest churches for his past policy.

“I was totally focused on saving lives. But as we know, good intentions aren’t good enough. As crime continued to come down as we reduced stops — and as it continued to come down during the next administration, to its credit — I now see that we could and should have acted sooner, and acted faster, to cut the stops,” Bloomberg said at East New York’s Christian Cultural Center.

“I can’t change history. Today, I want you to know that I realize back then I was wrong, and I am sorry,” he added.

A spokesperson for Bloomberg’s campaign could not immediately be reached for comment by The Post.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Trump wars with Bloomberg:
Rivals go full New Yorker
with epic bout of insults

The war of words between President Trump and fellow New York billionaire Michael Bloomberg reached a new level of nastiness on Thursday as the two traded deeply personal insults on Twitter.

“Mini Mike is a 5’4” mass of dead energy who does not want to be on the debate stage with these professional politicians,” Trump tweeted Thursday morning. “No boxes please. He hates Crazy Bernie and will, with enough money, possibly stop him. Bernie’s people will go nuts!”

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Bloomberg rises to 2nd in new Democratic poll, qualifies for debate

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has taken a 12 percentage point lead in the Democratic presidential contest, according to an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released Tuesday morning. Sanders has the support of 31 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents, up 9 points from the last Marist poll in December, but coming in at No. 2 is former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who jumped 15 points to 19 percent. This poll qualifies Bloomberg to participate in Wednesday's Democratic debate, though he won't be on the ballot in Saturday's Nevada caucuses. After Bloomberg is former Vice President Joe Biden at 15 percent, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) at 12 percent, Sen. Amy Kloubuchar (D-Minn.) at 9 percent, and Pete Buttigieg at 8 percent. Marist conducted the poll Feb. 13-16 among 527 Democrats and leaners, and the margin of error is ±5.4 percentage points.

Source: NPR

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Democrats Unilaterally Attack Bloomberg in his first debate

Democrats were united in attacking former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg as he made his first debate appearance Wednesday.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) particularly left no holds barred as she slammed Bloomberg's track record of harassing female employees, pointing out how the businessman has numerous nondisclosure agreements he won't release women from.

Former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg noted that Bloomberg had only just become a Democrat about a year ago — and that Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) still isn't one.

And Sanders said he still believes billionaires "shouldn't exist" even though he was a few feet from Bloomberg, who is a billionaire several times over.

Bloomberg confirmed he thinks he should exist.

Source: NBC News, The Nevada Independent