The Official 2024-2025 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Pittsburgh Steelers vs San Francisco 49ers Game Preview
(A good vid that's not too biased, good points made for both teams)

:shades::shades::shades::shades::shades::shades:

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good game fellas, not going to lie
I almost had a nervous breakdown, LOL
Steelers battled
But I was surprised at how conservative the Steelers playcalling was

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Good game fellas, not going to lie
I almost had a nervous breakdown, LOL
Steelers battled
But I was surprised at how conservative the Steelers playcalling was

:cool::cool::cool:
That conservative playcalling cost us the damn game. Especially in the 1st half. Trent Green kept saying all game we needed to go downfield and we never did. Randy Fichtner calls horrible games. I hate his wife. :angry:

Adi25N.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
And Conner cant hold on to the Football
Randy Fichtner cannot beat anybody in Madden let alone call a good football game. The gameplan was way too vanilla. When Mason went downfield he was effective. Fuck 9 bubble screens. Shits ridiculous. Vance McDonald getting hurt sucked too cause Xavier Grimble can't catch for shit. :smh:

lD37vv.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Steelers trade for tight end Nick Vannett

The Steelers traded a 2020 fifth-round pick Tuesday night to Seattle in exchange for tight end Nick Vannett, sources told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

A former third-round pick who is in the final year of his rookie contract, Vannett will provide immediate depth at a position of need after starting tight end Vance McDonald was injured Sunday in San Francisco.

The Steelers played most of Sunday’s game without McDonald, who suffered a shoulder injury in the first half of the 24-20 loss. McDonald was in a sling Tuesday.

Xavier Grimble replaced McDonald against the 49ers and rookie fifth-round pick Zach Gentry played 10 snaps in his first NFL game.

It remains unclear how many games McDonald will miss, but depth at tight end has been a concern for the team since the spring when top backup Jesse James signed as a free agent with the Lions.

Vannett, who stands at 6-6 and weighs 261 pounds, has 16 career starts on his resume and had four catches for 38 yards in the first three games with the Seahawks this season. For his career, Vannett has 48 receptions for 463 yards and four touchdowns.

It’s the fourth trade Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert has made in the past month and his 10th since August 2017.

A week ago, Colbert traded a 2020 first-round pick to acquire Miami safety Minkah Fitzpatrick. He dealt quarterback Josh Dobbs to the Jaguars for a fifth-round pick earlier this month and offensive lineman Jerald Hawkins and a 2020 seventh-round pick to the Buccaneers for a sixth-round pick.

We should have kept Jesse James. Grimble can't catch for shit. I like the trade though. Vannett's pretty good.

dLlyta.jpg