The Law Is The Law !

Jakesnake

Potential Star
Registered
This is one of the better e-mails I have received in a long time! I hope this makes its way around the USA several times over!!!!! So Be It!

THE LAW IS THE LAW
So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.
I would like to think that those people have the American Publics' best interests at heart.
BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?
Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings,
I don't believe the Government and it's employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.

It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct."

In fact....
I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????
If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the 'majority' of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........
Please Dear Lord, Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!
'Amen' and 'Amen'
These are definitely things I never thought about but from now on, I will be sure to question those, in government, who support these changes.

At the top, it says "I hope this makes its way around the USA several times over!!!!!"
Let's see that it does. Keep it in your mailbox and resend it whenever someone new comes along.

Zero

Star
Registered
The Law IS the Law and every non-Christian in this country is grateful for the LAW. Seperation of church and state is not meant to "OPPRESS" Christians, it's meant to PROTECT everyone else from an overzealous religious majority. I'll never understand how a group that has basically DOMINATED the planet for the past 2000 years can bitch and moan so much about how they are mistreated. I thought the thing that made Christians kind of stand out on this planet was the fact that there were no oppressive theocricies out there (anymore), but I guess I was wrong, that appears to be "THE PROBLEM" as far as these fundamentalists are concerned. I remember hearing someone on BGOL mention that the Fundamentalist Christian's REAL beef with the Fundamentalist Muslim was not over 9-11, but over jealousy. They have all of these Islamist nations where they can mistreat their women and hack off limbs and the poor Fundamentalist Christians have nothing (can you imagine the type of blooodshed a Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell could unleash if they held the reigns of power?)

I

Irrational32

Jakesnake said:
This is one of the better e-mails I have received in a long time! I hope this makes its way around the USA several times over!!!!! So Be It!

THE LAW IS THE LAW
So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.
I would like to think that those people have the American Publics' best interests at heart.
BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?
Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings,
I don't believe the Government and it's employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.

It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct."

In fact....
I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????
If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the 'majority' of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........
Please Dear Lord, Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!
'Amen' and 'Amen'
These are definitely things I never thought about but from now on, I will be sure to question those, in government, who support these changes.

At the top, it says "I hope this makes its way around the USA several times over!!!!!"
Let's see that it does. Keep it in your mailbox and resend it whenever someone new comes along.

Fuck YOUR god!!!!!!!!!!!

shouldn't white jesus be sliding through chimneys this time of year?

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Irrational32 said:
Fuck YOUR god!!!!!!!!!!!

No. Fuck yours - or your lack of one. Now, where does that leave us ??? Even? Intolerant? Better off?

QueEx

Jakesnake

Potential Star
Registered
Irrational32 said:
Fuck YOUR god!!!!!!!!!!!

Your words are just like your name.

No other words needed

Zero

Star
Registered
Even if you are a devout Fundamentalist and you could care less about what's "Fair" for those who practice other religions, peep this...

ISLAM is the fastest growing religion in the world and it's spreading over East Asia like wildfire (Arab muslims are a minority). Eventually, those Asian muslims are going to start filtering into the U.S. and, just like the Hispanics, it won't take long for a population of billions to "trickle" enough of it's people into the U.S. to begin forming majorities. Question is, will these same Christians who seem to be so hell bent on abusing their "majority" status be as intolerant of seperation of Church and State when the Church is a Mosque and the State is Islamic (or Jewish, or Hindu, or Buddhist, etc.)? The pendulum swings both ways, if the majority today is intolerant of others and wishes to change the rules to favor them, what happens when they are no longer the majority and those rules are still in place (same lesson unethical Republicans in congress are going to learn when the political pendulum eventually swings on them). People don't think long term, fortunately, the framers of the constitution and Bill of Rights did. Change it at this nations peril.

mufasa672

Support BGOL
Registered
Very good point Jake....followed by another good point Zero.

What we are seeing is the beginnings of this nation and how it was founded by 'Puritans' essentially Christians who didnt want to be killed for their relegious beliefs. Thats where the seperation of church and state came in. They didnt expect that 600 yrs later they wouldnt be the only church. Like "All men are created equal", they never expected slavery to be abollished. But they left the door open with freedom of religion. (Oh you forgot the pledge of Aliegance..."one nation, under God..."). Any citizen can practice their religion but the government has been tollerant to relegion over the years...ie no govenment employees working on Sunday, Christmas, Easter etc. In order to exempt themselves from having to tollerate or accomadate other relegions, slowly but surely, like all changes the government makes, they are becoming less and less accomadating to Christianity so they can be intollerate when what Zero says will happen happens. And eventually yes your mail will be delivered on Christmas and Sunday and the power company will out to cut you off on Easter (LOL) and there will be a true "Seperation of Church and State" because the government will not acknowldge any of them; just so they wont have to acknowldge non-Christian religions.