The Deion Effect: How ‘Coach Prime’ is changing the game in Boulder Colorado…have new NIL course name after him

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man thanks for bumping this thread cause I remember I made some early "I Believe" predictions somewhere when folks were still in the butthurt phase after Prime left JSU :yes: But I couldn't find it in the main thread for some reason.

Now I'm kicking myself for not taking that future out on Colorado when it was cheap :hithead:

I wanted to put like a stack on the 3.5 games but the pay out was like 1900

I ain’t a gambler, so that didn’t look like enough for me so I didn’t…

I was looking for something like a return of 5 racks for my 1…

But no problem, may I decide to but some positivity vs some bs posting.

While going thru the main thread, you’ll see some “wtf” type of replies in December/January.
I would love to say I can’t believe folks really felt that way but I know they did.
Many still do, probably worst now that they winning

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Colorado football games generate estimated $113.2 million for 2023 Boulder economy​

Deion Sanders made a profound impact on the local economy.​

8 hrs
Business is booming in Boulder, and local businesses can thank Deion Sanders and the Colorado football program. The Buffaloes sold out every home game for the first time in program history this fall, and those games generated $113.2 million for the town's economy, Visit Boulder said in a release.

"An estimated $72.1 million was the direct economic impact from visitors, organizers, media and sponsors on things like lodging, transportation, retail and food and beverage," the release stated. "The remaining $41.1 million was from the indirect impact, mainly the extra spending by local businesses and employees of those businesses because of the extra income."

Visit Boulder estimated that each home game generated between $16.7 million and $21.6 million, with the Nebraska and USC matchups having the biggest economic impacts.

"Coach Prime's impact in Boulder has been nothing short of transformative," Visit Boulder CEO Charlene Hoffman said. "The economic boon generated by just six home CU football games is cause for celebration in itself."

Sanders inherited a one-win program, overhauled the roster with aggressive moves in the transfer portal during the offseason and took the college football world by storm this fall with a 3-0 start. Things quickly unraveled as the Buffaloes dropped eight of their final nine games to finish 4-8, including a 1-8 mark in Pac-12 play.

The Buffaloes rostered two of the nation's biggest stars in quarterback Shedeur Sanders and WR/CB Travis Hunter. Colorado can expect more packed stadiums next fall, with Hunter set to return and Sanders trending that way as well.

After raising money for the local economy, Deion Sanders called for financial help from Colorado donors ahead of peak recruiting season.

"We definitely need 'giving.' You know what I mean," Sanders said after the regular season finale. "It's unfortunate to say this, but some kids cost… We can sit here and talk about great coaching and great this and great that all we want. But it's going to be a credit card swipe with all these guys going to these playoffs. I understand that."

Sanders said the program's foundation is a "little shaky" but heading in the right direction.
"The foundation is a little shaky in certain areas, but we're certainly headed in the right direction," Sanders said. "We're certainly trending forward. We established things that are foundational. When these new young men come in here, it is established and set in stone. They just have to proceed with caution. The guys that are here understand this is how it is and how it's going to be. We're going to make sure the standard is the standard. I learned to have a tremendous amount of patience, and I learned really what we need."